Blade of anime-ness (animesabre.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Plushima

Princess of Dreams
Judge
And you all thought my next weapon SOC would be a hammer :3

Anyways, what we have here is a poorly sprited sword, swung by present the fire key (though only when redrings can be thrown)
Once you swing the sword, there will be a brief pause (dramatic effect :3) before any enemies in front of you will suddenly feel the rush of the blade, followed by a horrid pain.

As per the anime laws of physics, the sword will cut through theoretically anything, and it's field of effect is several feet larger than the length of the blade.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xdqt61

The sword will deal damage to enemies through any type of barrier, be it thing based, a FOF, or even a sector with the same floor and ceiling height. The blade uses some Flags2 values to fly through anything, including multiple enemies. (I myself had fun killing the crawlas in the prison-like area of CEZ2, without letting them out :wink: )

I'm too lazy to take a screenshot, but you know, the sprites suck, and it's all about the effect.

I haven't tested this under all circumstances, but in Software, Windowed mode, it worked in coop with ringslinger turned on, effects not tested with other users. I imagine it either causes pain, or causes consistency failures.

Up-a-dat-a!

New update here. Modified the way the attack is dealt, this new version is meant for match, and works rather differently. Bear in mind it cuts straight to the damage code, meaning it can pierce ANY defence. :wink:

Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9fucnk

Played a few netgames with it, really takes the FPS-ness out of match. Though I'm not sure how you'd describe what it turns it into.

Heh, awesome.

You probably should have held the blade in place until the enemies popped, though. Just for more anime-ness.

hehe, this is pretty cool. But, it may become annoying in match when you wanna hit from far distance. I think that during the dramatic pause, the screen's colors should somehow become inverted, and then a white mark goes across the target, and then they explode. I seriously can imagine using this in match though. they see me infront of them and go "WTC???" and then, all of a sudden, they get sliced and diced. Also, have you tryed using this with characters with special ringslinger items like sa2shadow-v2?

sasuketo uzuchihamaki said:
hehe, this is pretty cool. But, it may become annoying in match when you wanna hit from far distance. I think that during the dramatic pause, the screen's colors should somehow become inverted, and then a white mark goes across the target, and then they explode. I seriously can imagine using this in match though. they see me infront of them and go "WTC???" and then, all of a sudden, they get sliced and diced.
EXE mod, which Draykon stated he won't do.

the same guy said:
Also, have you tryed using this with characters with special ringslinger items like sa2shadow-v2?
The sword replaces the red-ring, what the heck do you think would happen?

If you cared, I might be able to make a sword that looks a bit better...

Anywho, this is great! Now, could we make it so that the rapid ring does too? Auto sword would be awesome.

Technically, if I changed the way this works a bit, I COULD make a white slash appear on anything it hits, but It'd take more work than it's worth.

And BlueZero4, anyone could probably sprite a better sword.

the same guy said:
Also, have you tryed using this with characters with special ringslinger items like sa2shadow-v2?
The sword replaces the red-ring, what the heck do you think would happen?[/quote]

Yes, red -ring. I said special ringslinger items,not red ring. Apperentally, if you use the sword with someone like sa2-v2, he throws the normal shot, and when it hits something,explodes with blades coming out of it, and whatever you miss will still be hit by the blade's effect.

If the sword is just a short distance ring like that yoyo thing then, couldn't you just make it a short distance bomb-ring with white slashes for the explosion?

Look, if you feel that an idea can be explained with "Couldn't you just ____?" then chances are, it won't work.

The system ALLOWs for it with a few major modifications, but honestly I just couldn't be arsed.

As for how it handles custom ringslingers. From an edjamecated guess, bomb rings will have the effect of the sword, without the sprites, and with less delay. And anything else will behave as normal.

Draykon said:
Played a few netgames with it, really takes the FPS-ness out of match. Though I'm not sure how you'd describe what it turns it into.
Well, with the immense lag of your connection, it's really only bearable in First Person.

I know, I know, you probably already know this, but the sword makes things too short ranged. You have to be right in front of them to hit them.

Oh yea, killing them is just about the only way of getting points.

Vash, for one, that was the idea.

Second off, you still get points just for hitting people, it just dosen't print it in the console.

Third, it's not like killing people is that hard with this >_>

1) You could have made it so that you could be at least a few units away from each other.

2) Oh yea... :oops: didn't realize that.

3) Actually, it can be if you are trying to dodge someone and hit someone else at the same time, which can add on to the gameplay. :razz:

Actually, you don't only need to be near the person to hit them, you need to be on them. It's so hard to hit them with it because you have to be directly on them. But hey, It doesn't hit you randomly outta knowwhere from like 29 miles away anymore.

This soc is bad cause it takes away wepon-rings.

No it doesn't ofset the ballence, because the sword can go through "box" invincibility and "I've been hit" invincability.

There a way to soc so that no rings are lost when u swing the sword? Its annoying to have to use rings just to chop ppls heads off XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back