New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic going back to 2-D is nothing spectacular, I'd prefer they'd actually try and work with what they have and make a good 3-D game.
Well, they kinda are, Sonic Colors says "Hello." But I'm hoping that Sonic 4 is even half of what it's hyped up to be. But I guess some people are being too expecting of Sonic Team.

Last edited:
Bah, I don't think we need an HD Sonic Rush for consoles. We've already had 2 failures on the DS worth a bus token and Shadow the Hedgehog(I personally think the bus token's worth more than Shadow the Hedgehog).

Or modern shooter games. It's hard to find just one on a modern game site that rates those below an 8

Sonic's dead. It's the end. We are done. Rest in whatever piece of dignity you have left Sonic. T-T

Bah, I don't think we need an HD Sonic Rush for consoles.

It's not HD Rush. It's HD Advance 4 ^_~

Thing is, Sonic isn't dead. He's a zombie; Around, but barely himself. He "died" ages ago. Whether it be Heroes, or Adventure 1, or even as early as 3D Blast, point is, we ain't getting back to the way the original series was, but I've come to accept that, because I know it'll never change.

...Because kids will buy the Sonic games anyway, regardless of how bad it is.

Thing is, from an objective point of view, SEGA are still releasing good games (except for some of the recent major console ones which did have problems), it's just that they're so unlike the classics that old fans don't like them.

Thing is, from an objective point of view, SEGA are still releasing good games (except for some of the recent major console ones which did have problems), it's just that they're so unlike the classics that old fans don't like them.

I agree with this statement so much that it should be archived for the rest of time.

Well, hasn't everyone noticed how the Sonic games are usually finished one year after announced? One year isn't enough time for actual WORK to be put into a game. SEGA doesn't even do one year of continous work. So what do you know? Sonic is rushed as fuck. SEGA can put up a 2.5D engine in one day of continuous work if they tried. I mean, now we have 2.5D engines coded in one day in Blitz3D turning out BETTER than Sonic Rush. Look at it this way: TF2 was announced in about 2000 I think? And not even a year later, it was said to be canceled. Well, 6 years of non-continuous silent development and we get a kickass game. And another way: Bungie puts at least 2 years of continuous work into each game they make. Hell, Reach was in the making since Halo 3 was released making it 3 years of continuous work, and SEGA can't seemingly spare 5 minutes a day. Where does this time go? They start WAY too many fucking projects at once.

Well, hasn't everyone noticed how the Sonic games are usually finished one year after announced?

Have you noticed that all the Final Fantay games before VII (I believe) were literally a year apart all the time? If that isn't rushed I don't know what it.

I don't mind, hell I don't think Sonic 06 was such a bad game. And don't start throwing facts about me through glitches and how it sucks compared to the originals. I had fun. Something I've hardly ever had with the originals. Most of the time it was concentrate, concentrate, concentrate. The whole go off path is stupid because what idiot in the middle of the game literally wants to go backwards for the sake of "Oo there was a ring there, I must get it!!!!". At least Link had it in front of you and let you have fun doing the little things that were like stalls in the street. Sonic games feel like they should be linear since they're fast. I don't mind what Sega does, I find their games enjoyable and it puts a smile on my face.

tl;dr
I don't give a crap how long they take, I like the new games.

Well, Sonic 06 was rushed for the deadline. We could of had a great game.

Sonic Unleashed took 3 years of development (1.5 years engine, 1.5 for the game)

In other words, the classic Sonic games are rushed and suck.
Hell, I don't even like the classic games. Standards were lower back then anyways. But if all we're gonna get now are attempts at classic replicas(sth4 ep1-epwhatever) then might as well just download all classics on an emu instead of waste the money

Well, Sonic 06 was rushed for the deadline. We could of had a great game.
Yeah. 06 was best in beta stage. Also had day-night switches then.
Sonic Unleashed took 3 years of development (1.5 years engine, 1.5 for the game)
And the engine was the only part that was actually WORKED on. Could use more tweaks, still.

Last edited:
Game quality increasing with development time?
boxart_us_too-human.jpg

Yeah, no.
Taking your time with something only gets you as far as the concept does - if the game is flawed at a conceptual level, spending more time on it isn't going to fix shit. I've seen developers crap out decent games out in under a year because they knew exactly what they were gunning for in addition to the skill, knowhow and effort necessary to not fuck it up along the way. Hell, with the exception of '06, most Sonic games so far aren't even rushjobs, they're just poorly developed to begin with. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the time and budget that went into Unleashed, in spite of how it turned out gameplay-wise.

Not that it helps that they're trying to appeal to literally the most conflicted, petty and downright nonsensical fanbase on the face of the earth, and even playing the lesser of two evils wouldn't cater to the majority of them. Even if genuine flaws get fixed down the line (and as of the latest build, they have, to whatever extent - mostly acceleration-based bugs, I hear), you still find absolute retards that condemn the whole damn thing based on Sonic's eye colour, and wonder why they're made fun of at every conceivable opportunity.

Too Human was always delayed and stopped in production. (It actually took them 10 years to release a Too Human game)

Onto Sonic 4...

E3 here we come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back