What are you most afraid of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:SonicMaster: said:
When I was little, I was afraid that bathtub drains with only the four spokes would suck you down into the pipes.
Yes... this...

Now I'm afraid of moths. Even the real little ones.

Honestly, I'm afraid of Detons. Everytiome I go the alternative THZ2 path, I end up startled every time I go near a Deton, even if I know where it is.

luis90 said:
Not being able to protect people... Seriously.

Tell them to protect themselves.
XD

Anyways one other thing I'm afraid is...

Being home alone...at night and hearing weird noises.
*I don't live in a house,I live in a cluster home so its probably next door friends.

Orangelink said:
Bees, hornets and wasps. I have absolutely no idea why I am so afraid of them.

Because their stinging hurts and I'm scared of them too. Espicially wasps because they have an even bigger needle than bees. My grandfather was once stung in both of his eyes by a bee.

Earuto said:
Orangelink said:

Because their stinging hurts and I'm scared of them too. Espicially wasps because they have an even bigger needle than bees. My grandfather was once stung in both of his eyes by a bee.

Oh yeah,I forgot about those...I'm also scared by those bugs XD

And GIANT Ants.

luis90 said:

I feel the same way about this too. If someone is hurt, you would feel like it's your fault for not being there and you could've done something to stop it from happening.

Being hitinthein the hand with hanging fingers, being hit by a grenade and flying, and then looking down to see your legs missing.

Nathan Speed said:
I have an overactive imagination. So when i'm up late at night with nobody around, I imagine zombies and stuff around me, and because of the overactive in my imagination, I see them. Kinda. I can see them there, but at the same time I can tell they arn't there. You know what I mean?
that's prety much what i'm afraid of and also

eliwood said:
Me? to tell you the truth, I'm afraid of the pitch Blackness (Really REALLY Dark)

i'm REALLY REALLY REALLY scared of the dark. i think it's a phobia :P

I'm really afraid of sharp objects such as Steak Knives. Now I don't mean not so sharp things, Such as a Fork.

I mean the REALLY sharp things.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Plus I'm slightly (only slightly) afraid of.... Tails Doll. He's not all that scary, but the ideas I come up with to make him scarier scare me. Not killing people, mind you, but.... Cruel mastermind in the form of a doll who reveals his true form when he gains his full power.

In such a case, I would say that you are scared by your own thoughts. My own thoughts sometimes frighten me. Now I shall explain my worst fear, perhaps the scene conjured by my mind is a little more frightening than Tails Doll? It is at least more complex.

All of my fears have a root in being overwhelmed in any shape or form. Whether it is physically by drowning in a vast ocean, or falling through a huge expanse of sky, or otherwise. For that reason I fear high places because I reach a place where I might possibly end up helpless in air. I also fear swimming, because my low stamina has more than once caused me grief, so when I come to the place where my feet can no longer feel the solid ground beneath me, and I am floating/swimming on water deeper than I am, I am in a position where I would be helpless. For me there is nothing more terrifying than reaching out with your hand, and for there to be no thing for me to hold.

Once while in a dream I tried to measure something with my hand, and since it soon enlarged far more than my hand, my hand was stretched and rigid, and the more I felt the pressure of not being able to make it larger to comprehend the size of the thing, the more foreboding that hurt the inside of me. This was so impressionable that even after waking, when I stretched my hand as if to measure something larger than it, I recalled very strongly the pain of fear I felt in the nightmare. My fear of heights has manifested itself in dreams more specifically, but I suspect it has for everyone.

My fear of water was also a vivid picture. There was a lake and it stretched out far and wide, and the waters became violent. Soon I noticed that this lake which seemed deep in the ocean was suspended far above the earth by a cliff, and with the waterfall on one side, I looked to the land only to see it become more shrouded in shadow. There were hostile ships sailing about and all flashing bold and dangerous insignias. The lake soon seemed like one giant whirlpool, and the dream ended as I was consumed by it. It was such a strong picture that to this day I consider a whirlpool the most powerful symbol of being overwhelmed that one can depict.

But above all else, I feared being overwhelmed in such a way that it penetrated deeper than my physical feeling. Being lost, blind, threatened, tortured and hunted, and perhaps all at once as some nightmares might obligingly portray, and being raised with knowledge of people who had been hunted, tortured, and put to death unless they were to give up what they had fought for, and by some illusion of my understanding, fearing this was an imminent danger, I had good reason to be afraid of such things. When I think of the end of the world, I am not so nervous about cataclysmic disasters as I am of being opposed of ruthless, hateful, and violent enemies and that to avoid being hunted, caught, tortured, and killed I would have to render invalid that which I had formed my entire being to support... which is even worse.

Do you fear the dark because it changes the way things look? I fear the blackest night because I am made blind. Do you fear the vertigo of high places? I fear the bottomless abyss, where I am totally surrendered to the mercy of gravity. Do you fear the ocean? I fear the whirlpool, where the crushing force draws you into nothingness. Do you fear wild beasts? I fear the beast created by man, when maliciously hunts me in the darkest corners and tortures me with my darkest dreams.

What am I afraid of? What am I most afraid of? That which can't be controlled, avoided, or defeated... in essence, a living hell.

Earuto said:
luis90 said:

I feel the same way about this too. If someone is hurt, you would feel like it's your fault for not being there and you could've done something to stop it from happening.
I feel the same way, Dont know If I could call it a fear though.

super said:
Earuto said:
luis90 said:

I feel the same way, Dont know If I could call it a fear though.

It's a fear because your scared that that person might get hurt when your not around.

Nathan Speed said:
I have an overactive imagination. So when i'm up late at night with nobody around, I imagine zombies and stuff around me, and because of the overactive in my imagination, I see them. Kinda. I can see them there, but at the same time I can tell they arn't there. You know what I mean?

I totally know what you mean my friend.

Gemini Spark said:
Orangelink said:

Wasps. They're evil, dude!

I think bees are cute, and I have a hive out back and they land on me. They don't sting if your gentle. But wasps and hronets....Ugh... Creepier than hell and just plain mean, and I'm a teenager yet I freak out if a wasp or hornet's anywhere near me. Those things are EVIL. They are my biggest fear of all. And heights. But I'm getting over that one cuz I like airplane rides. WEEE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back