Where are all the roleplayers, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairebun

Community Noise Maker
Sonic Team Junior
It seems like since SRB2 2.0 was released, there's been no more roleplayers on the master server. Has anyone seen hangout or RP servers lately?

I'm beginning to assume they've all stayed on 2.0.1. Makes sense, considering no outsiders would bug them anymore....

Has anyone seen hangout or RP servers lately?

Sincerely, I have, but not as often as before. I have found some hangout and RP servers with that stupid and broken house wad. Seems this wad is gradually substituting SACity. But this doesn't annoy me so much. What make me go mad, A LOT, are:

- servers with cheats on and low respawnitemtime: 3 or 4 servers per day;

- being banned/kicked for no reason (sometimes just because I wasn't talking in server's language): this happens to me at least once per day;

- servers that opens a netgame with only purpose of "trapping" players in match and CTF: not so often.

Last edited:
I thought House.wad would be one of those that wouldn't be compatible with 2.0.4. I had assumed that they all left SRB2 while thinking that they can't make RP wads anymore.

95% of the roleplayers on the master server never actually MADE their own RP/hangout wads, they just used crap like house2.wad and SA City. Making those incompatible has sort of made the roleplayers incompatible, too.

Well, house was ported, and so was SWIMMMING POOL, with a whole bunch of ugly stuff plastered around outside. It's a definite RP area now.

- servers that opens a netgame with only purpose of "trapping" players in match and CTF: not so often.
Does that mean always playing Match and CTF? If so, then my server would happen to be that way...

Also, it's nice to see that Hangout/Roleplay's become quite a minor thing in the MS, but don't get your hopes up! They WILL come back, one day or another one...

Does that mean always playing Match and CTF? If so, then my server would happen to be that way...

I doubt you'd do it. Let me explain it better (I didn't feel like explaining deeper because of idiots that could read). You join the server and you face this situation:

(removed by myself - this explained how to trick unfairly players)

Would your server be that way?

Last edited:
As for already having the emeralds and cheating, no. And I actually kinda join the game when a person joins the server. So, no, I don't do that.

But what would be your reaction if I did, I wonder...?

As for already having the emeralds and cheating, no. And I actually kinda join the game when a person joins the server. So, no, I don't do that.

But what would be your reaction if I did, I wonder...?

I'd probably host my own game :3

For Match Super setringspammers: chances are respawnitemtime=1, spam monitors till you find a recycler.
For CTF: Same applies, but you can also find an invulnerability monitors, get their flag, and cap.
If they kick you for that, sucks, you woudn't want to play on that server anyways.

Roleplay is fun under 3 circumstances:

1. Players actually know how to roleplay well

NO: LOL EGGMAN LETS FIGHT HIM
YES: Wow, it's pouring outside. I think i'll go back home and get an umbrella.

2. The server is NOT on the Master Server ,but rather by ip
3. The roleplay wad isn't crap

The very thought that people see an FPS as a suitable venue for RPing confuses me. Although that may be because I'm more used to the forum-based textual kind.

I'm surprised there were so many roleplayers in 1.09.4.

SERIOUSLY, DOESN'T CHATTING LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME GET ANNOYING? HOW CAN YOU STAND IT FOR ANY SIGNIFICANT PERIOD OF TIME, LET ALONE ROLEPLAY WITH IT?

Oh, OK. So... I could connect to your server anytime I felt like it, unless the max players were reached, just by typing in your IP adress? OK, now that I know what it is, how do I find mine?

I suppose it's nice to see that there are less RP servers being seen. Though lately I've seen quite a few servers, mostly coop, and usually have "The server does not accept joins at the moment" *can't remember the names of the servers* but I have a funny feeling they could be possible Hangout/RP, but not all, but it's just a suspition.

Kitsune said:
95% of the roleplayers on the master server never actually MADE their own RP/hangout wads, they just used crap like house2.wad and SA City. Making those incompatible has sort of made the roleplayers incompatible, too.

How do n00bs keep getting that house2 WAD?
Just to let everyone here know, I made that WAD. And it appears it was leaked somehow, and then got ported to 2.0. I made that level back in the 1.09.4 era.

At that time, I was for some stupid reason helping someone with a RP mod (yeah, I was THAT n00by :<), But the mod got scrapped and so I forgot about that level so I had never released it. But some how, I was looking on one of these many "get rare wads" sites and found it on there. I have no clue how it got there, but I have a strong feeling that one of the other people who was working on that one mod put it there...

Anyways, I just thought I'd let everyone know a bit about that horrible WAD I made long ago. If there is anyways to track down all of the sites that have the WAD, I'd do it so I could delete that WAD so no one else could get it.

Well KO.T.E, it's possible that someone put it up there after receiving it from a netgame, which is where I (unfortunately) got it. As for how it was leaked, along with why people roleplay in a FPS based game beats me.
Really, roleplay in general confounds me, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back