Sonic Adventure Online

Watch the videos (below) and answer: How do you think it is?

• Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

• Ok

• Good

• Excellent

• May be better when completed...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Mystic

Sonic Team is making Sonic Adventure Online! It lookes good even though it is not finished. I want to see it when it is finished. I think you can customize your character too. The characters are; Sonic, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Espio, a Robot (well, you can get it like the X-Tornado), Eggman Robots, Tails, Rouge, and more. I want them to make Metal Sonic though. You can even get the X-Tornado.
If Sonic or Shadow gets all Chaos Emeralds, turn Super. If get all Super Emeralds, Hyper!!!

Look at these links to view the videos:
1.)Video #1
2.)Video #2
3.)Video #3 This one looks kinda' wierd.

Dark Mystic said:
Sonic Team is making Sonic Adventure Online!
Yes, because we all know that Sonic Team enjoys modding Halo and making videos of it using a trial version of FRAPS.

Get your facts straight.

Though I must admit, seeing Sonic characters running around with assault rifles in that last video was pretty amusing. I liked how they replaced the Banshee with the Tornado 2, and the Scorpion with Bigfoot.

Video 1: Glad they didn't use the SA method of loops... And Hyper Sonic was groovy. I was waiting for the total hoverboard destruction, but it never came... I wanted to see some car-crash like carnage. :O
Video 2: The song stunk, man.
Video 3: I find it hilarious that everyone's walking South Park style. And I wanted to see that plane crash... Why have vehicles in the videos if we don't get to see them crash? :(

Looks pretty fun. I hope it's standalone... I don't have Halo 1 OR 2.

Looks bad. I didn't watch the videos (I've seen other ones), and the loops look terrible. Not to mention, the way you fall at 2 MPH is really stupid.

You all know this is a Halo mod right? By the way I posted this a while ago(like back when I didn't care about grammer):
http://www.sepwich.com/ssntails/mb/viewtopic.php?t=1313&start=0

edit:
SRB2-Playah, you'll need Halo Custom Edition. It's a free downloadable application that will allow you to play custom made halo maps, and the normal maps. Available only for Windows. No campaign in it, but you do need a working CD Key and the CD for Halo PC to use it, so I guess it's not entirely free.
http://halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=410

Sigh, I'll say to this what I said on IRC, only with less cussing.

This is just a dumb idea! It's a disgrace to the Sonic Genre! If someone wants to make an Online Sonic game they should at least use an engine that dosen't stand for everything that a Sonic game dosen't! Another thing, In Shadow the Hedgehog Sonic said he wouldn't be caught dead using guns, which makes it both stupid, and innacurate.

Draykon said:

This is just a dumb idea! It's a disgrace to the Sonic Genre! If someone wants to make an Online Sonic game they should at least use an engine that dosen't stand for everything that a Sonic game dosen't! Another thing, In Shadow the Hedgehog Sonic said he wouldn't be caught dead using guns, which makes it both stupid, and innacurate.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part... it might be bacause i was to busy killing the black aliens.

Draykon said:

If Sonic Team was doing it, I'd agree wholeheartedly.
But since it's a fangame, I say I've seen worse fangame ideas.
MUCH worse ideas...

The first 1 looks kind of like GFZ though.

Girls look better as sonic characters though.
As it shows in video #3...

Meh. With every video I see of this, it looks worse and worse... No, no, I'm not saying it's not getting better or anything like that, but... It's like they still have little clue what they're doing... And a lot of the stuff you see in the first video is actually something of a cheap hack...

While it appears they have working slopes and whatnot, I am quite certain that there are no slope physics involved; They merely altered the steepest slope you can stand on. If you're not upside down, you could stand completely still on a wall, but if you start to go upside down, you detach from the wall and freefall, as shown in the video to cheaply get through that loop they made. Notice how the second video has no slopes at all, aside from the edges of the platforms?

And of course, yes, the vehicles were nothing more then model replacements of the existing ones... Even the sounds were still intact, and they didn't bother changing the highest slope they could climb... Meh. Raddboarding is much more fun anyway.
raddboard.gif
Whee!

This game shows real potential. The models and textures need work, but the engine appears smooth. I really hope this shapes up into something good. And I want the MP3 of the song used in that last video. :|

JTE's right, slopes and such are no big deal when you're working with a Halo engine. I'm not terribly familiar with most aspects of Halo, but this game dosen't look like they did much to change the engine. Do they even have "Jump-Dash" ("Thok" for some of you) in there yet?

I think the game is good, shooting people like crazy! If this "make your own character" is true ther will be fancharacters everywhere! Also I wonder if you can make your own weapons, I want to make a killer PSP! :twisted:

Hyper Metal Sonic X said:
I think the game is good, shooting people like crazy! If this "make your own character" is true ther will be fancharacters everywhere! Also I wonder if you can make your own weapons, I want to make a killer PSP! :twisted:
I don't know where you found the make your own character thing. You guys are still talking about the Halo Sonic mod right??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back