• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

It's time for toaster's titanic technological triumphs (slow internet warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, looking at that reference and back at the sprites, the head size looks fine. If anything, I think the right ear might be somewhat off proportion. Maybe it's just the perspective, but it seems a little too small in width. It doesn't seem to..."extend inwards enough", if that makes any sense?

Other than that, good stuff. I like what I see! =3

I can't even imagine him with ears bigger than the actual ones, that would make him look like a bat .

GMuGMQb.gif
twcC9Ma.gif

Experiments.

I'm gonna need some more tissues to stop the nosebleed.
I'll say it again, but this is amazing, I absolutely love this~

I mean hell, supercolor is rising back from it's 1.09 grave!

Looks similar to Lat's Super glow but the mid dark to light seems to be quicker...

Its hard to explain. But looking good i prefer this 'flash' type than a slow rise

Thankses~

(the speed of the animation is the least important thing here, it's the fact that they're glowing colour ranges that aren't available for supers (or in shadow's case, anyone) in 2.1)

Are we going to get super versions of every default color to pick from? If that's the case, that would be amazing... and possibly horrifying for certain colors. (How would one make a black super color? Thats the kind of stuff that would make you wonder, hmm...)

re the above: no

j9Mc0Mw.png

also i took it upon myself to make flat alignment suck less with regards to angles. you can't really screenshot how it's technically done so here's my test map

EDIT: an explanation for those colourful stars:
  • The top of their arc uses a vertically-stripey texture, and so looks like a rainbow. This means that as long as I've got the horizontal offset correct, it doesn't matter what the vertical offset is. This helped me figure out the x component of the trig.
  • The bottom of their arc uses a horizontally-stripey texture, and so looks like a pointy magenta and red star. This means as long as I've got the vertical offset correct, it doesn't matter what the horizontal offset is. This helped me figure out the y component of the trig.
  • There was a lot of trial and error. Probably more then there should've been, considering the maths involved. Wikipedia led me too far astray with talk of matricies and inverses and what have you, and balderdash to that.
  • 2.1's implementation actually has the flat rotation going the opposite direction to the linedef angle! The stars helped figure that issue out. This means porting maps which make extensive use of the old version of this linedef type perhaps more awkward then it should be, but the new functionality is mathematically accurate from top to bottom and we've broken backwards compatibility in the past for less...
  • A shout out to my main man Monster Iestyn who figured out I should downshift the angles before giving them to finesine, else I'd cause a sigsegv. Damn error kept me up super late last night. The things I do for SRB2...

Last edited:
This is pretty cool! A small little detail that seems aesthetically pleasing.

If you're revamping how flat alignment works, can I perhaps request a linedef flag allowing you to use front X and Y texture offsets instead of linedef X and Y distance for alignment?
Not only could it possibly make setting up the alignment easier in the first place, but also allow the same linedef to both rotate and align flats, as well as let you align flats in visual mode in Zone Builder, giving you live previews (provided Zone Builder itself will update the sector when the texture offset is changed).

ybIIHvh.png

I thought the words "suck less" would've made something like that obviously gone, but here we are (this is a screenshot from the seekrit part of our gitlab, but nothing in this cropped area is a secret so)

Seeing that, I have no complaints about flat alignment anymore. Really nice job. It definitely makes me look even more forward to 2.2, even if just a little.

Really? Partially-friction-less things where you don't magically accelerate faster than with normal friction? *Thumbs up*

Why does the line between the red and blue sectors shift at the end of the gif?
Because what you saw was using the software renderer. I know, OpenGL is not strictly "better" than software, but in most(?) cases, OpenGL doesn't flicker the ground around like that when software does.

Yesss, finally someone having a go at fixing Ice physics. It's been too long where we've had stepping on the slightest Ice sending you rocketing off at top speed.

Pretty cool, Full control of Texture alignment, That will be much better than UDMF (AFAIK UDMF Doesn't allow rotating them) .

Looks interesting! It looks somewhat satisfying to see sonics legs squealing for grip. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back