Curse Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that jcokeinfinity seems to stay uncomfortable.

I know a guy that goes to school has the same problem the thing is he doesn't mind hearing swearing he's just afraid to swear. I swear a lot cos I do. The Oxford dictionary actually has the words and gives a full definition. ''Shit'' is the same as poo. So if I say poo is it a swear word?

Last edited:

-Curse filters are just replacing letters with stars? Most games don't have curse filter so that they don't gotta spend ages coding each swearing combo. Like ''fuck'' could be ''kucf'' or something like that.

That's why they had a rule in the past, anyone caught evading the Curse Filter, got an infraction (or something like that).

Are you complaining about people swearing in your server or other people's servers? If it's the first one, then you can just ask them to stop and then kick/ban them if they keep swearing.

There was a Curse filter in the past? Wow, 2.0.1 must be quite recent :O
-----------------------------------
Back to the point. I think we lay of this guy. If he doesn't like swearing we should at least show some respect.

We're all friends here right?

I use minor bad words such as "damn" in SRB2, but I go all out on youtube(sometimes).
I do think a curse filter for strong bad words is a good idea though.

Mhm maybe we could see who's for and against?

Like a vote?

If for wins nothing happens and against wins nothing happens just to see if his idea's popular?

Back to the point. I think we lay of this guy. If he doesn't like swearing we should at least show some respect.

We're all friends here right?
Yeah, that's what I was trying to tell you. Show some respect and try to say those words the less as possible. Please.

This topic is getting a little tiring about a stupid word/words. It would be really nice if we dropped this and he deals with it himself... And I bet you won't see too many swear words on the forums jcokeinfinity.

Ok, maybe they are strong, but to me my brother says them all the time out loud to me and my mother at home so..... I really just don't care really what he says (bad or good, mostly bad).

This thread is flown away from it's actual purpose.

*Purpose*-I mean like where talking about a curse filter not the actual curses.

What? Well, why didn't you say that in the first place? That's a pretty huge distinction.

And no offense, but it's also even more ridiculous. I agree there's plenty of immaturity on netgames, but filtering curses on them would be even more ridiculously not worth the effort.

What? Well, why didn't you say that in the first place?

I agree with a popular suggestion for srb2:
He did.

You just don't get it, don't you?
Oh, I get it perfectly fine.

People like jcokeinfinity and me aren't concerned with it as a word, but as an insult that doesn't seems polite.
I didn't use it as an insult and you were still offended.

But ok, the rules allow it to happen, and I have no choice. I can live with it. The problem is that jcokeinfinity seems to stay uncomfortable. I think that's difficult for him to live with this words around him everytime. That's the point.
If he can't live with something that's allowed here, he will have to leave, plain and simple. The curse filter was removed back then in an attempt to target a more mature audience with the MB, and apparently being offended by the use of curse words was considered immature.

And another thing: It is not irrational. You aren't the only person in the world. What's irrational for you can be the essentials for some people.
Well, all I said is that I think it's irrational. I know that you disagree, but why don't you disprove me?

Regarding the curse filter: Just kick everyone who's using a curse word, and you're fine. That is, except you're offended by the mere sight of a curse word, in which case you will have some big problems because you can't go through life without hearing them.

Short answer: We had a curse filter on the boards once, we removed it, in the process a few whiny users who were all "AHHH BAD WORDS I'M LEAVING" left the boards, no tears were wept, no plans to return the filter. We're treating you like adults, use it responsibly or don't use it at all. You will have to get used to swearing one day, so deal with it, this is the internet.

As for the game itself, maybe one day, but we haven't got any plans of actually including it yet, it would be client side received text only of course.

As for the game itself, maybe one day, but we haven't got any plans of actually including it yet, it would be client side received text only of course.

Heh, if that actually happens, I'll probably filter all uses of the word "co-op" just for the sakes of it. Also to make a point.
Offensiveness is construed by the individual. Some people find swearing offensive (won't understand them)
Some people find a lot of other reasonable things offensive.
I find nagging me for co-op offensive.

Not everyone follows your ideals, and learning that'll help, or you'll find that other people may just not give a shit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back