The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnny Test being referred to as a good show...... I-I... Please tell me this is a joke. I find it pretty insulting that the only good, watchable cartoon on TV now is Friendship is Magic, but then to say that Test is a good show with a straight face.

You're joking and I'm not taking it any other way.
Well then you are a very silly pony.

Played it, Red. I shared it with my sister, too. It's a good game with great surprises to catch one off guard. It builds up a really nice atmosphere too.

I kinda asked this question already on #srb2pony, but "What made you interested or like MLP:FiM?"

I like the art style mostly. It's so simple and adorable, I just love it. The characters are all so fun and interesting too, it's really hard to actually dislike any of them.

I like the art style mostly. It's so simple and adorable, I just love it. The characters are all so fun and interesting too, it's really hard to actually dislike any of them.

I second that. The art in MLP:FiM is too adorable for me.

I third. The art style is quite original, and it just works. There isn't too much difference between the characters and the background which is nice as well.

I kinda asked this question already on #srb2pony, but "What made you interested or like MLP:FiM?"

And I kinda answered this question already, but for the sake of discussion... The simple answer is that I was willing to be open-minded, and then Prime gave it a try and rather liked it. He recommended it and told me that the characters were well developed. I trusted his judgment and enjoyed the series from the first episode.

Of course, that's not all there is to it, I'd given it some thought... because even from the first I'd heard about it, I could easily see myself watching this because of the way I approach some entertainment.

--

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic appeals to me because of the innocence it conveys without being intolerably condescending and flat like most children's shows nowadays.
It sounds odd, but the theme though cliche'd actually helps that immensely. Compare with Disney classics, Studio Ghibli masterpieces, and shows I grew up with like "New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" et cetera... there is a sense of wonder and innocence even while conveying morals that while not subtle do feel that they come from the heart for the heart. I think that's where that "Disney magic" they love to talk about comes from.

Fact is, I appreciate such shows more now than I ever did back then. Society had taught me to be cynical, and the conflicts that surround us are always complicated... merely associating with some of them is soul-draining. I'm very nostalgic, and I think the reason why is because the more you have to lose as the world takes its hold on you, the more important it is to save something from it.
Because of this I embrace every new opportunity to enrich that part of myself... my options are fewer now that I am older and more critical, but the few that remain are worth it.

Someone I respect very much taught me the difference between a childish quality and a childlike quality. The former isn't always appropriate, but the latter can still be treasured, and can even compliment maturity. I learned this through experience, from people that have come into my life and have made a difference.

It's the epitome of bad flash animated cartoons...

Well I actually liked it when Warner Bros. still had it. It was until Cookie Jar took over that everything got BAD; matter of perspective of course. But I will say it was one of those shows that just kept you entertained when nothing good was on TV. So it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either.

But anyway, back on topic. . .

Last edited:
My Little Pony Live. Part 2 too!

Yes, it is every bit as bad as it sounds. The songs are just the best part to me. That horrible Applejack voice singing Giggle At the Ghostie is probably the most unintentionally hilarious thing I've ever heard, seen, or thought of.

Last edited:

Yes, it is every bit as bad as it sounds. The songs are just the best part to me. That horrible Applejack voice singing Giggle At the Ghostie is probably the most unintentionally hilarious thing I've ever heard, seen, or thought of.

WHY MUST YOU BRING IT UP AGAIN
It's horrible, the voice actresses don't even sound like the real ones, and the costumes are so horribly designed it's just... ugh. Hell, that cosplay Pinkie Pie image that was linked on IRC a while back is better.

Honestly, I couldn't get through a minute of this video without laughing and turning away.

The voice actor for "Twilight Sparkle" sounds pretty accurate though.

I like...
131041645479.jpg

Rainbow Dash's hair looks ridiculous. Plus, look at all of the anorexia. Twilight Sparkle was a breath of fresh air, despite my belief that if any of them were fat kids, it would be Pinkie.

It's odd how we see human versions of the characters everywhere. This series went from being as bad as Strawberry Shortcake to being a new Sonic for people to humanize. It's going to turn into a drawn out fad, I guarantee it right now.

I like...
-snip-

Only the person cosplaying "Applejack" looks right. Everybody else either tried too hard, or are just too strange to pull it off.

It's only a matter of time until someone posts pictures of 34-year-old men cosplaying as Twilight Sparkle and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back