• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

2D Levels Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callum

Well since everyone has been taking favour into recreating the classic Genesis Sonic levels because of Flame releasing the FIRST Loop wad, I decided to make a checklist of who's doing what.

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Master System): Hyper Tails

Sonic the Hedgehog: Flame_The_Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Roboashura (With a little help of me)

Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Flame_The_Hedgehog, Nomekop, Dark Mystic

Sonic & Knuckles: Nomekop, Dark Mystic

Sonic 3D Blast: *Ahem* akirahedgehog

Knuckles' Chaotix: Anyone?

Sonic Advance: Anyone?

Sonic Advance 2: Anyone?

Sonic Advance 3: Anyone?

Sonic CD: Dark Mystic

Please post if you have any other games to add to the list. Thank you!

I'd take Sonic 3, but I'd have to play the game again, and I'm preoccupied with two other projects and school finals as well :(

You know, any level that requires you to go vertically to reach the goal would be pretty hard to make with all those FOFs.

GCFreak said:
because of Flame releasing the FIRST Loop wad, I decided to make a checklist of who's doing what.

heh... so this classic map stuff is being made because i made a loop wad, huh? wow... i never knew my loop wad would have an effect :D

i'd like to apply for working on sonic 3 map pack too cause i'll need something to do after my sonic 1 map pack :mrgreen:

and yes... i can make it possible for going vertically in levels (hey... im a good mapper)

and plus i have a thing that will let you view a stage of a ROM, so i can make it without going into the actual rom and play it, i can look off the level (Ie... Level editor)

I wouldn't mind making S&K levels... but I'm so damb lazy... Besides, making original levels are SO much better than trying to clone old ones (and easier too)

hmm... come to think of it (out of random pondering), has anyone ever made or seen a 2d boss battle in srb2? I don't think It would be fun to play, seeing how the SA homing will bring you into the forground and background while fighting eggman in 2d... then again, thats what invisable walls are for ;P

FoxBlitzz said:
You know, any level that requires you to go vertically to reach the goal would be pretty hard to make with all those FOFs.
Not to mention, SRB2's physics are COMPLETELY wrong for 2D Sonic gameplay. I don't believe 2D mode was even developed to be used seriously, more like Adventure mode which was made (as I've been told) just to prove that they could do it.

I'm not going to tell anyone not to try it, but I will say they have a lot of pressure on them to make something good, because so far there hasn't been a single 2D map that was worth playing.

Yeah, 2D mode will be pretty useless (in my opinion) until the running speed is reduced exclusively for that mode, slope support is added, and a more comprehensive editor is created, which probably won't happen for a while, if ever.

akirahedgehog said:
I'll do Sonic 3D Blast! :D

And how the heck is it supost to be executed? You'll need to set up a bunch or random stuff before you can even begin to work on levels... (Such as cirtain enemies that will set off a linedef to open a super thin door or something)

FoxBlitzz said:
Sonic 3D Blast levels aren't even 2D. You might as well make it use 3D mode. :P

it sorta uses a top view of a map, with a set camera height, and with analog controls on

Well whatever render it's using is debatable. But right now we'll go with Shuffle's suggestion. It is now unofficially 2D Isometric. So it belongs with the 2D Levels Project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back