Thanksgiving is now officially RICKROLL'D!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystic said:
What makes the rickroll so comedic is honestly the absurd 80s music video that goes with it.

I have to disagree with that. I've been Rickrolled four times: once in a WAD's main menu, once in Rainbow Unicorn Blast 2, once in Deathmatch Arena Zone, and once on a still image in something YTMND-like. I haven't seen the actual video itself, but it's still kinda funny, and it was awesome seeing it in the parade.

Kitsune said:
Just to let you know, that was lipsync'd...

Astley would usually lip sync it when singing it at concerts too, because it's a difficult song. If you look on YouTube you can find one where he actually did it himself, though.

SSNTails said:
Kitsune said:
Just to let you know, that was lipsync'd...

Astley would usually lip sync it when singing it at concerts too, because it's a difficult song. If you look on YouTube you can find one where he actually did it himself, though.
Doesn't that defeat the point of a concert?

No.

The term RickRoll is a fusion of the fiend's name an a previous 4Chan meme known as DuckRolling. In my opinion, they should've just stuck with the duck. A lot less annoying than THAT song, that's for sure. Unfortunately, it's far too late for that, since the song would just pop back up, anyway, for it knows no bounds...

Lipsynching is simply mimicing the lyrics while not actually singing them yourself.

I just love the fact that they actually Rickrolled in Macy's parade. It's truly the biggest parade ever when Rick Astley appears in person to appeal to an internet fad. Had I watched this on live tv, I would have embarrassed myself with something between a laugh and a cheer... then explain to my noninterested family why it is so funny.

Basically, to see him appear in person and do a rick-roll in the middle of a major event is hilarious no matter how overused it is.

And yes, the song itself is quite cool. However, you have not seen cheesy until you have seen Steve Perry sing Separate Ways (Worlds Apart). I'm not sure if its the fact that the entire group looks like the geek squad or seeing Steve Perry twist his face so dramatically at every syllable.

He really should have done the dance. He was just STANDING there, and the majority of people don't bother to listen to the song once they see the dance, as they've already found out it's a Rickroll by then.

...On second thought, the FOSTER'S GANG SHOULD'VE DONE THAT DANCE! *mauled by fanboys*

Epic. Simply epic, and @ Zion:

I can understand you not liking the song, but
yeesh.
You have pure HATRED for the song. XD
I think the song's actually pretty catchy..

how to survive a rick roll

Sonict said:
Mystic said:
I actually like the song, myself. What makes the rickroll so comedic is honestly the absurd 80s music video that goes with it. The song itself is perfectly normal.

Same here. It is a pretty catchy song for its day. I don't find the song bad at all.
OH MY GOD! THE RICK ROLL IS CATCHING!

here's how you survive a rick roll
1. Don’t panic. I repeat, don’t panic. DON’T PANIC!!!
2. Do not, I repeat that again, do not, stare into Rick Astley’s eyes. Staring into his eyes can result in serious brain damage, eye trauma, blindness or even worse, becoming a Rick Astley fan.
3. If you followed step 2 precisely, you’re on your way to surviving your first and hopefully last Rick-Roll. If you didn’t, you’re most likely in a lot of pain right now thanks to Rick Astley’s 80’s tunes causing damage to you.
4. This is the final step which will ensure your survival. Take something sharp and stab it into your computer speakers. Ensure that you damage the speakers so that they cannot produce any sound whatsoever. Turning your speakers down will not work as Rick Astley’s music can automatically turn your speakers back up or even on. After you’ve stabbed your speakers disconnect your internet cable and give your computer to an orphan. When the orphan turns on the computer you gave him, Rick Astley will seek his revenge on the orphan. It’s okay, the orphan has no family so nobody will miss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back