FishCake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda wish the thing was still in the game. Seeing SRB2 maps using DOOM's built-in map like that was fun, if not entirely practical.

Maybe you could code it back in, but in such a way that it isn't listed when you type "HELP" in the console? Probably change the word, too, so people don't try fishcaking again.

Shadow Hog, while sometimes useful for level designing, it's extremely cheap for the player, as it removes your need to navigate a level by yourself. I have it enabled for testing the game engine, which is the only place it's really a big help.

Uhh, the code is still in SRB2 FD1.08. It just isn't fishcake. Since I'm worried that if I post it here it'll get edited out anyways, I'll just sent you off on a search to find it. Believe me, it's not that hard :roll:

Yeah, I stumbled upon it (well, the level viewing at any rate) again while looking through my list of shortcuts while I was e-mailing the Comp Club prez about this game. I didn't send it to him, but I did toy around with it... the more I think about it, the more I feel it's worth a heckuva lot more in DOOM than it is SRB2.

Speaking of Comp Club... we might have a large LAN party Friday, if the teacher doesn't mind... it'll be without sound, but it's a freakin' LAN party, a really LARGE one, so why would I argue?

You wouldn't. Simple as that. You'd be grateful that your teacher let you play SRB2, then you'd shut the hell up and show your LAN buddies what real gaming as all about :wink:

If I was showing them real gaming, I'd have gone out and bought several new computers and copies of Half-Life 2 already.

Needless to say, that's kind of out of my budget (I don't even have enough to save up for a newer rig of my own), so I might as well move on to the next best thing - freebies. This just happens to be one of the best freebies available.

I find it funny that I have five computers and I never paid for any of them!

* Tandy 1000 SX, 8 Mhz, 640 Kb RAM, 20 MB Hard Drive - Obtained when my father purchased a far more powerful system.

* Packard Bell 486/DX2 66Mhz, 4 MB RAM, 384 MB Hard Drive - Obtained at the same time as the Tandy. Dad's system to replace these two aged systems is a P3/600 Mhz Gateway desktop.

* Toshiba Pentium 100 Laptop, 24 MB RAM, 800 MB Hard Drive - Obtained because my former boss no longer had a use for such a low-end laptop that couldn't even hold a battery charge for 10 minutes.

* Pentium 120, 24 MB RAM, 1.5 GB Total Hard Drive Space - Obtained from mom when she bought the computer I'm using now.

* AMD Athalon TB 1 Ghz, 512 MB RAM, ASUS Brand GeFroce FX5200 Video Card, 60 GB Total Hard Drive Space - Obtained from mom when I moved out on my own. She bought a laptop for herself not long afterwards.

I shudder at the thought of having to actually buy my next computer... but since I'm likely going to need a Tablet PC I don't have much of a choice :/

--- Gemini

I haven't paid for any of mine, either. However, my current rig is running on an integrated Intel 82845G, which may have been decent a few years back, but right about now is a piece of... well, you know. To make matters worse, I've only got PCI slots. If I want a graphics card that can handle new games with ANY decency, I have to get a new motherboard and start from there.

Effectively I'm just as good as building my own custom PC, and that I'd LOVE to do since I could ensure I get every last thing I want into a case... but I don't have the money. Mostly because I don't have a job.

Building a custom PC is generally cheaper than buying a premade one of comparable quality.

I paid for both of my computers. They also were custom made. At Shaflugi's advice, I'm gonna build my own next time (whenever "next time" is) and save some money.

Yeah, I know... my first one was actually completely home-made. I think I'm going to even use the same case when I get around to starting a Half-Life 2-calibur rig.

All I need right now is MONEY. I hope I get a grand for Xmas... though with games like Guardian Heroes and the like being high on my want list, I dunno.

Oh, and college, too.

Heh... I wish that map thingie in fishcake would show enemys and rings and stuff too, with each mobj having a different color or with their names over them on the map... Then it'd be fun to play that way. Almost as much fun as playing splitscreen, having your partner follow you, and playing from their screen. :lol:

Jason the Echidna said:
Heh... I wish that map thingie in fishcake would show enemys and rings and stuff too, with each mobj having a different color or with their names over them on the map... Then it'd be fun to play that way. Almost as much fun as playing splitscreen, having your partner follow you, and playing from their screen. :lol:

You can do that. Hunt around in m_cheat.c to see what you need to type in to make them appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back