STJR after SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about, "After SRB2"? SRB2 is open-source, under the GPL. And this means, that like DOOM, it will, in theory, never end. People will keep improving it more and more. Even if all the developers quit, it would still be continued by community members.

All we need for SRB3 is better textures, and new levels. For characters we could just use md2 models for all of them.

SRB1 is crappy through and through. No remake in the world would make that better. Remember: It consists of jumping over square platforms for the entire duration of the game.

SRB1 is crappy through and through. No remake in the world would make that better. Remember: It consists of jumping over square platforms for the entire duration of the game.

You do know remakes and ports are two different things? It doesn't matter how the original game was.

...sigh

I'm not talking about the current SRB1 remake. :/
What are you talking about then? The only way to make this game better would be to actually add elements that weren't there in the original which would ruin the point of having a remake.

Look at Mr.Thompson's Sonic 06 "remake/port"
It was terrible, the original one was flawed so those flaws were brought into SRB2.

Then he remade it by using the themes. You don't have to keep the level design. Remaking it isn't necessary a port. When you remake it, you can improve it. You don't have to limited to Click 'n play.

Thompson's 06 port is an entirely new thing that has almost nothing to do with the original game. It might be inspired by the original, but that's about it. If you don't keep the level design, you get something new.

What are you talking about then? The only way to make this game better would be to actually add elements that weren't there in the original which would ruin the point of having a remake.
Excuse me? What the hell are you babbling about? As long as a remake shares all the same themes as the original, it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do irregardless of how precisely the levels follow the original layout. Changing things in a remake - which by the way I should probably remind you, is the whole fucking point of a remake - does nothing to devalue it by default, and as long as it is an improvement in some way I really don't see what reason there is to bitch about it.

This is the exact same argument I see whenever Mighty is brought up in any context, and I swear no less retarded.

"BAAWWW MIGHTY IS A GENERIC SONIC CLONE WITH NOTHING TO LIVE FOR"
"Well then why not just, you know... make him not a Sonic clone?"
"BUT THAT WOULD MAKE HIM NOT A SONIC CLONE AND THEREFORE DEFEATS THE PURPOSE BAAAWWWWW"
"It's fixing the one thing people hate him for, how is that a bad thing?"
"IT CHANGED THEREFORE IT SUCKS BAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW"

What themes? So if we make a 2D level with a forest theme and call it Great Forest Zone, it is a remake of the original? I guess not. A remake would share important elements with the game it came from, so if we change the level design (and really, making SRB1 good would require scrapping the useless platform jumping and starting all over), it would be an entirely new thing.

Also, those people complaining about Mighty want to have him removed, not improved. Radically changing a character that's already introduced is rarely a good idea.

What themes? So if we make a 2D level with a forest theme and call it Great Forest Zone, it is a remake of the original?
I was generalizing - of course a remake will retain elements of the original that don't weigh it down. Though even if it's only the theme that both have in common, it's still enough obvious comparison to deduce one is a remake of the other. Why else would people cry "rehash" at the sight of Splash Hill? Cha-ching.

...so if we change the level design (and really, making SRB1 good would require scrapping the useless platform jumping and starting all over), it would be an entirely new thing.
And is this a bad thing? Fuck no. It would be an improvement over the original and that's exactly what a remake should strive for, irregardless of what resemblence it has to the original. If that requires making an entirely new game, well so be it, but you've yet to make any reasonable argument as to why this is somehow a bad thing, nor why it doesn't fall under the definition of a remake (hint: use a dictionary, for fuck's sake).

Also, those people complaining about Mighty want to have him removed, not improved. Radically changing a character that's already introduced is rarely a good idea.
You don't even have a clue which audience I'm talking about, do you? If I were you, I'd stow that kind of prejudicial bullshit and simply stick to actual arguments. Alas, this is off-topic and I won't discuss it further here - I was merely using it as an example of how ridiculous your logic is.

Ignoring all the other things you said I really don't give a fuck about, and returning to the actual question: I never said that making an entirely new thing out of SRB1 would be a bad thing. But then it would

A. have nothing to do with the original Sonic Robo Blast anymore.
and B. waste a lot of time that could be used for actually completing its sequel.

What I want to say is that the only way of improving SRB1 is redesigning it from scratch, and that wouldn't be worth the effort.

SpiritCrusher & Blacklightning: Stop this nonsense, now. Any further attempt to continue that conversation will result in more infractions, understood?

I gut an idea, make it in java and fill each line with breaks and then use minimax game thereom for each AI node. ONLY SUPER COMPUTER SUPORTED.
We r going to need people who are good at threading.

'Sonic Team Junior's Baby' will be formed, from the remaining developers, who will begin work on SRB3, which will use the Havok Physics engine and use DirectX 11.

Also, it will have slopes.
If it supports wads too, thats a relief. Wave ocean and other levels will be easier to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back