• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Chaotic Duels Match Pack=Moving to realeases-Mods=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wind said:
You basicly downloaded it rushed through each level and tried to give me a quick and easy rating

Perhaps you made the levels uninteresting enough to rush through them... =/

Wind said:
Nathan Speed said:

To be blunt, this sucks. It's boring, the maps are too flat, and you try and make it look nice, but even then it dosen't much. :\
Better than anything else you've done.
4/10

I don't understand why you even made this post. You basicly downloaded it rushed through each level and tried to give me a quick and easy rating honestly you are entitled to your opinion but I prefer criticism that helps me to improve the mod not just read and think wow this guy dose not like this, seriously try giving each of the levels a rating, and describe detailed what you like and dislike. That is what can lead to this pack being great.

And Hxk Retro you can't just look at the screens read Nathan Speeds post and agree what he said you've probably haven't even downloaded the mod and saying im rushing these levels, because I KNOW that I do not rush the levels because, if I did rush them Nathan Speeds rating would've been a 0/10 or a 1,5/10 honestly try rating it yourself instead of taking what someone said, and try to prove your point.

HONESTLY YOU GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF UNGRATEFUL LITTLE KIDDIES!!!

Okkkkaaaayy.

I DID play your map. I spent quite a bit of time looking around at everything, and if I HAD just done a quick overview, you would have gotten a MUCH lower score. Your RUSHING YOUR LEVELS. Making them as quick as possible, and not putting much detail into it. I won't give each of the levels a rating because they don't differ very much. I didn't enjoy one over the other. You wanna know what to fix in your maps? You try it. YOU figure out what YOU don't like, then come and see what WE think. Don't go into a hissy fit because I didn't want to go into detail. Seriously, you say you take critisism, but when someone dosen't say what you want them to say you throw a fit. I don't have much hope for this pack, try making a SINGLE LEVEL before going on to more than one at a time. Just try it, don't relese every wad you make. Your new to this, and a person's first few wad's ususaly suck. Your going to fast for yourself man, slow down.

Ice said:
Wind said:
You basicly downloaded it rushed through each level and tried to give me a quick and easy rating

Perhaps you made the levels uninteresting enough to rush through them... =/

Well it's just fine with me if my levels are not at all interesting. I did mention a while back when I'm joined that I was a n00b at wadding. I'm sorry if you thought I trough a fit. You guys are entitled to your opinion. And I respect that. I take anything I can get and try to turn it into something worthwhile (criticism). I'm sorry if you guys think my levels are horrible but I respect your opinion so I will now go away.

One thing that you should consider with wadding: Practice and experience is key. Now, some people don't get better at all as time passes, and some just start out great. One major key to mapping is also motivation and persistence. Some mappers are very good, they just procrastinate, and are lazy.

Just keep in mind that we don't want you to stop mapping or anything, we just want something with better quality. Keep at it, I'm sure you'll do fine.

Well Yeah back along time ago before I joined the forums I had such creative/fun levels when I hosted everyone would give me such nice comments but ever since I've joined the MB I've been lacking creativity getting more lazy and don't find a point to even playing SRB2 anymore to me this seems like hell excuse my language but if I ever plan on getting good I must practice practice practice which makes perfect :) my laziness and lack of creativity may be due to me getting older or maybe it's because I have such a stressful life not to sound all personal in all but yes I must stop rushing my levels take my time exam every linedef and sector in till I get it done and I get it good.

Wind said:
Well Yeah back along time ago before I joined the forums I had such creative/fun levels when I hosted everyone would give me such nice comments but ever since I've joined the MB I've been lacking creativity getting more lazy and don't find a point to even playing SRB2 anymore to me this seems like hell excuse my language but if I ever plan on getting good I must practice practice practice which makes perfect :) my laziness and lack of creativity may be due to me getting older or maybe it's because I have such a stressful life not to sound all personal in all but yes I must stop rushing my levels take my time exam every linedef and sector in till I get it done and I get it good.

That's the spirit, remember practice makes perfect =)

And uh...

Wind said:
HONESTLY YOU GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF UNGRATEFUL LITTLE KIDDIES!!!

Thanks for that beutiful compliment.

Ugh. Just a look at Flooded Ruins Zone and Match Grounds Zone says that the levels would not be very fun. You also really need help in how to decorate your stages as well. If I were a Judge, and this were in Releases - Submissions, it'd find its way to the trash. I'm sure the real Judges would do the same.

The whole empty water pits in Flooded Ruins Zone, I assure you, will NOT go over well. Match Grounds Zone looks like it could have been made in 20-30 minutes, and it also has a lot of empty space.

Also, you need to pay attention to how long your linedefs are, and how high your sectors are from each other. Keeping the numbers 32, 64, 96, 128, 384, and 1024 in mind can go a long way.

EDIT: Bobbing platforms require you to make a separate control sector for each platform. Otherwise, they bob in unison, which makes no sense.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Match Grounds Zone looks like it could have been made in 20-30 minutes, and it also has a lot of empty space.

Meadow Match Zone in SRB2 also has a lot of empty space and just a few simple water and FOF sectors but you see no one complaining do you?

The sectors and the springs were placed very well in Meadow Match. It uses the proper weapon ring, and the items are quite well-balanced.

EDIT: Rarely can anyone make their map that simple and still have it play well, to be honest.

And to be honest, Meadow Match isn't exactly a level that really needs repeating. It's simple because of when it was made, and is kept around partly because of tradition and partly because it happens to play pretty well. While it's possible to create a stage as good as Meadow Match while being that simple, it's not recommended.

Also, Meadow Match doesn't really have empty space. That's part of why it's so good. There are simple obstacles like lakes and pillars that are what make it so good in the first place. It _looks_ like a big, open box, but it really isn't in practice and that's what makes the level play so well.

The sectors and the springs were placed very well in Meadow Match. It uses the proper weapon ring, and the items are quite well-balanced.

EDIT: Rarely can anyone make their map that simple and still have it play well, to be honest.

Well thats your opinion and I will stick to mine. I believe Meadow Match is as flat and boring as my Match Grounds Zone the 3 item boxes on the FOF are probably the only item boxes their are, and the springs are placed where they are needed of course. If I got a chance to edit Meadow Match I would use Ramp sectors to get up the Hill and Ramp Sectors to get out the water and FOF's going up and down to reach the FOF where the item boxes are, and add a bit more scenery since it is called " Meadow Match Zone.[/b]

Wind said:

Well thats your opinion and I will stick to mine. I believe Meadow Match is as flat and boring as my Match Grounds Zone the 3 item boxes on the FOF are probably the only item boxes their are, and the springs are placed where they are needed of course. If I got a chance to edit Meadow Match I would use Ramp sectors to get up the Hill and Ramp Sectors to get out the water and FOF's going up and down to reach the FOF where the item boxes are, and add a bit more scenery since it is called " Meadow Match Zone.[/b]

Um... There are no item boxes on FOFs. What are you talking about? You seem to have this idea that yoyr levels are better, when really, they are much worse. You just look like your full of yourself.

I'm not full of myself where in the world did you get that idea from? And yes there are Item Boxes on the Higher up FOF in Meadow Match Zone, study your SRB2 maps Nathan. >.>

Wind said:
I'm not full of myself where in the world did you get that idea from? And yes there are Item Boxes on the Higher up FOF in Meadow Match Zone, study your SRB2 maps Nathan. >.>

1. I'm not good with names. I was thinking of the one that your first map is blatantly ripped off of. Also, do you know what a meadow is? It's a flat landscape with one or two SMALL hills.

2. You said your map was better than Meadow Match. Wrong. They are all horrible, and some of them don't even make sence. And it might just be me, but isn't getting 136 rings in 36 seconds bad? Wait, no, it's true. Not a good idea. The lava one dosen't look like lava, and you can't jump on the pipes. I got a redwall on the first one inplace of sky, and your castle one (NAMES. I can NEVER remember them.) is rather boring with mismatched textures. Also, it might just be me, but the castle one and the lava one seem to have gimmics I put in MY maps (The castle one's grass and CEZ textures. The pipes in the lava one.) That might just be me though. Your maps are what I could make in 5 minutes. WORK HARDER. Don't relese any more Beta's untill you do some drastic changes, so far, this is horrible. After going through a SECOND time, I noticed that it gets slowly worse the more your in the level. :\ It needs to be fuun to replay. Fix that, and you'll have someting better.

FIRST of all I base my maps on my creative mind whatever comes into my mind I draw it up on SRB2DB, don't give me that BULL **** of what a meadow is I darn know what it is, I also did not say my map was better than Meadow Match I said Meadow Match is better than my maps, I do not copy anyone I like mixing up textures because it's fun and you never know what may come up. Magma Way Zone dose not copy anything of what you do, If I would try to copy what you do honestly I would throw up YOU sound like your full of your self saying that you can make my maps in 5 minutes, *pffffft* I would like to see you even try! You obviously don't even know what a **** beta is, it's just a little taste of what will really be made, and don't you dare tell me to don't release anymore Beta's cause I've bet you couldn't even compile levels to try and say this pack is horrible. Honestly Yes you are entitled to your opinion I respect that, nor am I full of myself honestly YOU are full of yourself. Please just STFU and let me do what I do, you've probably couldn't find a reason to make up your last post. Please just SHUT UP and....

aww forget it I'm tired of arguing beta 3 won't be here intill a while see ya later folks drive home safely now!

That's odd. This topic was moved to Releases - Levels instead of it being in Editing, anyone mind telling me what happened or was this a mistake to put this in the trash. But I am happy it's here but I did not plan it to be. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back