Where is Megaman?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, funny how people never say that Capcom's red and black brooding anti-hero replaced everyone's favorite little blue guy.

Suddenly relized something why people don't care now. Unlike Shadow, Zero's games don't suck.

Actually Arrow, much like the Zero games were Zero's story while EXE was Megaman's, that there is the extension of Battle network, while no ZX 2 in sight.

WE NEED A NEW ZERO GAME! *sob*

BlueZero4 said:
Actually Arrow, much like the Zero games were Zero's story while EXE was Megaman's, that there is the extension of Battle network, while no ZX 2 in sight.

WE NEED A NEW ZERO GAME! *sob*

Ashura was asking about the meta-series in general, from what I could see, not indivudal entries. He just mentioned ZX because it was the last MM-related game to come out.

I know Mega Man back and forth; don't act like you need to "learn me something". :P

They should have a Zero game. I do like blasting stuff with a buster but I wanna slash things more often.

Oh and Zero was in a Megaman Battle Network game called Megaman Network Transmission for the Gamecube. You don't play as him but he has a story line. He was a security navi who was hit with a virus. When he was hit with that virus, he had no control of himself and he had the ability to spread it, which the virus was known as "The Zero Virus". When a Navi was hit by the virus, they disobey the Net-op and go crazy. When they knew that Zero could spread the virus, everyone got the news to not jack-in there Navis into the net. Since the WWW couldn't get Zero to get the Navis that were in their PET, they managed to get some of the virus and turn it into a vaccine that will infect the Navi if used, so they either hold a shop in the net or send the vaccine to that Navi.

battle network games aren't mega man games. they're games that happen to have characters from the mega man series, but it is most definitely not a mega man game.

They need to make maverick hunter x 2 and a new zero game that doesn't suck. because ZX was massively dissappointing. I played it, hated it, went back to playing Zero 3.

And It would be nice if they'd bring back the old legends series.

I hear axel type armor will be in the next ZX.

a mega man x 9 would be nice. or is there some unwritten rule that you can't go past 8? X and vile then?

But what they really need to bring back is the original blue bomber!

the X in mega man X does not mean 10 (even though there are those who claim mega man and bass is number 9)

Mega man X was made about the same time as mega man 7. X is just designed to be the next gen mega man. and according to mega man 2, mega man get's kidnapped from the future, reprogrammed and renamed quint, and forced to fight himself.

Why did they change Zero's look. He looks like a punk now. And why do they even call it Megaman Zero when Megaman is no whre to be found. When I first saw the game I thought it was going to be megaman and Zero combine. What happen to Megaman X.

Erik the Red said:
I hear axel type armor will be in the next ZX.
Darnit, we really need some history on axl. He, liek, dissapeared after the X games went kaboom.

Erik the Red said:
a mega man x 9 would be nice. or is there some unwritten rule that you can't go past 8? X and vile then?
Uhh, though there definately IS more story to do, (Read: X's speech in Zero 1) I haven't seen any announcements that say anything about that.

Erik the Red said:
Done and dusted; go get yourself a PSP.

Did you ever PLAY the Zero series? 'Cuz they answer what happened to X pretty clearly. It's a rather unfortunate story, too.

Yeah, I want a new game in the style of the older series. X, TOS, even Legends, I don't care... I'm just sick of seeing Battle Network get all the sequels while the series I used to love (although it's an admittedly young love) gets sidelined.

Of course, those PSP remakes didn't help matters, but then, releasing remakes with such high potential on a portable that doesn't generate much software sales wasn't exactly the best marketing strategy, methinks.

BlueZero4 said:
Darnit, we really need some history on axl. He, liek, dissapeared after the X games went kaboom..
well, they almost gave you some history in Command Mission, if you had the patience to actually play through it. But what he really needs is his own third person shooter game.

BlueZero4 said:
Uhh, though there definately IS more story to do, (Read: X's speech in Zero 1) I haven't seen any announcements that say anything about that..
you know, I really don't care about the story, mega man games really don't have much of one. I mean, what happened to doctor kain after X3?
It's just that X8 had some really nice gameplay.

Erik the Red said:
BlueZero4 said:
Done and dusted; go get yourself a PSP.
got one, specifically for PU. but the fact of the matter is, they're not making another one. unless that is, mega man's fanbase demands one, then they might, but doubtful...

Jman said:
Why did they change Zero's look. He looks like a punk now. And why do they even call it Megaman Zero when Megaman is no whre to be found. When I first saw the game I thought it was going to be megaman and Zero combine. What happen to Megaman X.

First off, the same old Zero would be boring. Second, in Zero 3 you learn that he's in a copy body, though the original looks different anyway. Second, X is a cyber elf type thing right now. He's the one that gives Zero his sword.

Shadow Hog said:
Of course, those PSP remakes didn't help matters, but then, releasing remakes with such high potential on a portable that doesn't generate much software sales wasn't exactly the best marketing strategy, methinks.
Though I do think Maverick hunter should have been on the DS or something, Powered up is best on the PSP, mainly because of the memory stick, and the ability to upload files to your computer. unlimited level editor data. The level editor alone makes powered up a worthwhile game.

Zero is more popular than Mega. Both Zero and Mega have been mkaing it up the ranks. Zero would have made it in the old Megaman series if you ever played Megaman 2: The Power Fighters but they didn't put him in it anyway. I do agree with the title "MegamanZero" should be changed but there is a reason they didn't change it, it is like playing with both Mega and Zero, I know Mega has a buster but I think they wanted to make it play like the original, so they give Zero a hand-gun so that it can make it seem like your playing with the original a little bit. Axl did have a history in the X series if you played Command Mission. Zero had different looks but he doesn't look like a punk to me. If i remember, this is how each of his styles were.

1. X series
* Black Zero. Didn't amazed me much. All he had is black armor.
*Absolute Zero. Just looks like the combination of Bass and Zero. Just add the claws and wings.

2. Battle Network series
* Zero EXE. Made huge changes to him. He looked alright for a Navi but he was a little to big. They should have made him the same size as Mega.

3. MegamanZero
* MMZero. This one is ok. I see no problem with this one.

4. Megaman ZX
* Just a newer model of MegamanZero.

Zero use to have a Z Buster, but didn't he get rebuild or something and didn't have it anymore.

they hinted at zero in the power fighters. but he wouldn't be created nor released for several decades. In Mega man X4, it shows zero's awakening to fight sigma. and all reploids were based off of X's designs. So then zero isn't a reploid.

Mega Man zero is a fitting title because it shows it's part of the same storyline. first mega man, then X, then zero, then ZX, then finally, legends.

This brings hope that they may eventually revive the legends series once they finish ZX. That and Legends 1 and 2 have been released in japan for the PSP.

zero always had a buster except in X4, X8, and the Xtreme games.

And Axl didn't have a story in CM. He was looking for clues from his past when he runs into you. Then he joins you. There was no story in that game, just a series of encounters and random dialogue from seemingly intoxicated robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back