• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

GemPlanet

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new mod in development by GemEarthBrandon.

Progress:

Botanical Island: 100%
srb20000.png
srb20001.png

Triopolis Town: 25%
srb20002.png
srb20003.png

Ocean Temple: 100%
srb20005.png
srb20007.png

Funfair Mania: 0%

Arctic twinpole: 0%
srb20008.png
srb20009.png

Sky Plant: 0%

Cybertrix City: 0%

Exosphere Spaceway: 0%

I'm sorry I can't give an exact release date on my wad. The best I can do is give updates.

When you see atleast 16 screenshots, thats when im close to finishing.

I plan to make this game more intresting than the mystic realm; as you know on srb2 you have you find a token to get the special stage and mystic realm and you have to find a temple but on GemPlanet, there are 2 Gemports on each stage and you have to find them to get to a (so called special stage) and follow a road to the emerald. The (so called special stage) looks similar to the level a little bit, except I don't know how to change the music while teleporting to another area(If someone can help me out that will be great).

Here go a few examples:

To the gemport
srb20015.png

To the (so called special stage)
srb20016.png

To the gem of earth(chaos emerald)
srb20017.png

Making this wad causes so much stress thinking of creative plans and designs, especially fixing errors that almost impossible.

The beginning of the level, the checkpoint and the end is also different which I placed a black & white tiled FOF over each point.

The reason it takes longer to finish making a level becuase I can't stop adding scenery and I hate the levels looking narrow.

Triopolis Town might be a really intresting level to you becuase it's like a city which I designed trains, streetlights, bridges, tunnels, railroad tracks but depending on which route you follow you will 75% likely to see this error here:
srb20019.png

Thats right!!! You can't see sonic and there is no way to fix that!!! Now someone please tell me what type of error is it and why does it occur.

Host the image on places like Photobucket or Imageshack, then type:

[ img ] link to image [ / img ]

(Ignore the spaces, I put them there to avoid it thinking that was an image)

By the way, you should have put this in Editing though.

And you coincedentally used almost the same name for the first zone that I planned for my Mod, Doomsday Pack - only that I called it Blossom Gardens! What a shame...

GemEarthBrandon said:
Maybe I should kill the mod after I upload screen shots.
It depends on if your screenshots are terrible or not. Probably the latter, since most mods are pretty terrible. Still, I don't think you should kill the mod after you upload the screenshots. What's the point in making a mod if you aren't going to show people your progress and then quit?

I don't appreciate you locking that topic if I don't upload any screenshots, especially I didn't know how to.

Thats becuase you a moderator, that dosent mean you get to control whatever you to control.

GemEarthBrandon said:
I don't appreciate you locking that topic if I don't upload any screenshots, especially I didn't know how to.

Thats becuase you a moderator, that dosent mean you get to control whatever you to control.

We need real proof as to whether something is in the works; if no proof is given, then the topic will be locked. Simply saying "x zone: 100%" is not proof, since we do not know if you're lying or not.

On a side note, to upload screenshots, type "bind <key> screenshot". Then, whatever you set as "<key>", press it. It will save a screenshot. These bindings are not saved, so you will have to type "bind" each time SRB2 is started, unless you use autoexec.cfg (Text file, renamed to autoexec.cfg [You MUST have file extensions shown for known filetypes], and contains commands that run when SRB2 starts).

After, upload the image to www.imageshack.us and we should be able to see it, provided you used the forum link.

Also, moderators are generally chosen to, well, moderate the forum. If a topic isn't abiding by the rules, they will lock it. No questions asked.

No, don't kill the mod just because of what I said! Continue it so we can see what it's like.

I have been making Doomsday Pack for a long time, about a year (which is much longer than the time since I first registered). But most of the time I didn't really do anything to it, so it might not really count as a year.

And you didn't have to change the first zone's name either, yet again from what I said.

Anyone who sits down and says "I want to smoke MR" wil probably loose the will to continue their level pack. Not to mention that those who are making levels for the sake of the mod are doomed to fail, anyhow.

And if you DO think that you can make the best wad ever, consider this: Mystic Realm took YEARS to make. Do you seriously think that you, who has only been here for one day, can make a mod that's even worth playing, let alone better than Mystic Realm?

The levels look a little too plain; a bit broad, and with a lot of straight-runways. Rather than attempt to get as many levels done as quickly as possible, try working on each level, taking a long time on each one, testing it with a select few to get some feedback. Quality, not quantity; I'd rather play a couple of really good levels than a load of really bad ones.

I don't see any enemies in the pics. Are there any enemies in those levels?

EDIT: Those rings in the first pic don't seem to be deafed. And you seem to have taken screenshots just before the console has left the screen too.

Why don't you look at how some other people do it? You could get some ideas about layout, multiple paths, and item placement. Get a head start off of people who've already pioneered this sort of thing, you know.

Alternatively, play Portal with director commentary on.

What the hell are you talking about? I made these levels long enough so it's not possible to beat it under one minute, even with sms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back