Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this mod is getting better and better. That is pretty good. I agree with corrector. The improvements are very well thought.

Fawfulfan, Mystic had his maps on MAPAx. He set CEZ3 (MAP09) to warp to MAPA1 when you finished it. Essentially, this lets people start in GFZ1 and finish in whatever-the-crud Mystic had as his final level. Kinda like S3K.

But, you have you maps starting on MAP01 and ending on MAP28 (IIRC), so you can't.

Fawfulfan, Mystic had his maps on MAPAx. He set CEZ3 (MAP09) to warp to MAPA1 when you finished it. Essentially, this lets people start in GFZ1 and finish in whatever-the-crud Mystic had as his final level. Kinda like S3K.

But, you have you maps starting on MAP01 and ending on MAP28 (IIRC), so you can't.

Yeah, he'd have to move them for lock-on to work. Futhermore, he'd also have to make his custom skies, flats and textures NOT replace already existing ones, since GFZ doesn't really go with an ice-themed sky, after all. =/

That's further compounded by the fact that the A1-AV slots are now filled as a result of the new Tortured Archives feature. I don't think it's really worth the effort.

One thing that kind of bothered me, are the vertical moving platforms. They don't even stop or slow down, which makes some of the jumps ridiculously difficult.

Quoting because I feel the post was ignored.

Also, on Sunshine Atol, I think there should be some parts of the level requiring you to scale a large plant.

So, I'm guessing you fixed that missing texture error I found on Fume Shaft... Er... whatever zone? And geez, so many updates I can't keep up.

Because the only thing that's changed about it is two variables in the MAINCFG lump, one of which specifies the version number itself. I'm trying to get more conscious about assigning version numbers that correspond to the magnitude of the change. Tiny changes represent 0.0.X, small to moderate changes represent 0.X.0, and significant to enormous changes represent X.0.0.

Last edited:
Yes, that is supposed to happen. To play the next level, just go back to AHZ and find the next warp pad.

there will be v8.0 of tortured planet? Please don't left to work on tortured planet althogh you have to make more slowly progressions. I write this since you don't say that there will be v8.0

I hope there will be. I've already warned you guys that upcoming changes in my life (college) will severely limit my time to work on it, but I shouldn't have to completely abandon the project.

And also, I LOL'd at the fact that you guys are drawing elaborate conclusions from my innocent, meaningless decision to just delete one sentence in the description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back