SRB2Wii thread (v2.0.0 RC4, news update 27/11/2010 10:46)

The nunchuk does work you just have to plug it in after SRB2 is loaded. Also, the game will not go online as explained by Callum.

Netgames won't work at all, Indy94. SRB2's netcode has incompatibilities on big-endian systems much like the Software renderer had.

Which is exactly the sort of thing that happens when you run SRB2 on a PPC Mac or PPC Linux machine.

akirahedgehog, I'm sorry about this, but it seems your C-based launcher really isn't going anywhere I'm afraid (especially if its based off of an example), so I wrote my own launcher from scratch in Linux shell script. Sorry!

Its quite a nice launcher, though, it does so much more things than your C-based launcher did, so if you want to work on it as well, by all means you can, and if you don't know how to shell script, I recommend this tutorial (its what I used).

Here is what it does, summed up in one IRC line:

<Callum> It will launch SRB2, configure any custom WADs or EXEs you wanna use (both not done yet), configure the network settings, controller settings, multiplayer settings, debug mode (not done yet), deleting all the settings, accessing the Linux system itself, and turning off/on the jingle that plays in the background of the launcher =)

Hey Callum, do you mind including an option in the launcher to save configurations? Part of the appeal of SRB2Wii is that it will make SRB2 a couch game, and I know that I'm going to have different configurations of wads and stuff depending on who I'm playing splitscreen with.

By the way, what resolutions does SRB2Wii support?

Hey Callum, do you mind including an option in the launcher to save configurations? Part of the appeal of SRB2Wii is that it will make SRB2 a couch game, and I know that I'm going to have different configurations of wads and stuff depending on who I'm playing splitscreen with.

By the way, what resolutions does SRB2Wii support?

Actually, yeah, that would be a good idea, I'll code that feature in this afternoon I suppose.

It supports all the resolutions the Wii supports: 576i, 480i (both PAL 60 and NTSC) and 480p.

Long-overdue announcement:
Hey guys, sorry for not keeping you guys in the loop. I've had other things on my plate these past few weeks, namely school exams, girl troubles and I'm going to Japan to go stay with a host family at the end of next week, so I've been really busy. I haven't had the time to write an announcement for you guys, but if you have been checking the link Logan provided in his post, there has been quite a bit of activity behind the scenes on SRB2Wii's SVN branch. Let me list a few of them:

A brand new SRB2Wii launcher is being developed, and is nearing completion. It will allow you to configure everything about SRB2Wii, SRB2 and the options it uses to load (WAD files, binaries it uses, etc), system settings (such as network configuration (currently useless as netplay is disabled in the PowerPC builds of SRB2 anyway =P), accessing the Linux system itself and deleting configuration files, stuff like that). It even plays a little jingle that plays in the background. =)

SRB2Wii/mini now works fully, including the controls and SRB2 itself.

More improvements behind the scenes make tiny improvements in speed, responsiveness, stability and ease of use. Since SRB2Wii is now on the SVN as well, its easier than ever to check out the source and have a field day. =P

Alright, thats all I have time for, for now. You can be sure that I will have a new SRB2Wii release before September 25, 2009 at the latest (thats the day before I leave for Japan).

You're making great progress Callum! Do you know if the colors will be switched to YUV before the next release?

I got the build I got from a link on your SVN video, I know it's old but it was labeled as 1.0.4 so I was thinking that the changes from 1.0.3 made the colors messed up again.

That would win. Especially if he could re-enable the netplay code, even if it only worked with other Wii/PowerPC builds. Speaking of which, can the wiimote pointer be used as mouse natively yet? It's unclear the way you're describing it...

You guys seem to be complaining about the netcode so much. Why not just bring over a friend and play a nice two player match? This should keep you guys, at very least occupied for the time being.

You guys seem to be complaining about the netcode so much. Why not just bring over a friend and play a nice two player match? This should keep you guys, at very least occupied for the time being

Besides splitscreen, all other gametypes are boring with 2 people. 2 people CTF? >_>

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back