Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alien Armageddon Zone Act 1 - I'm gonna wait until AAZ gets fixed before I make this one. I just can't find any inspiration from AAZ in it's current mess.

Alien Armageddon Zone Act 2 - Same as above.
It pains me to tell you this, but you may not ever get any better inspiration. This is not to say I'm not busy fixing AAZ's gameplay--I totally am, and I've made some progress, especially when it comes to removing filler--but thematically speaking, the level may plateau soon.

Let me try to help you out here if you're looking for a theme. Ever played the game Otto Matic? Alien Armageddon could probably benefit from music similar to that found in Level 4. Here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0A5z3xBuRc

I know you already have an idea about the music for Snowcap Nimbus Zone, but maybe you wouldn't mind if I share with you a rather fitting music for an Ice Mountain Zone.

If you feel that it is more fitting than the plan you had, maybe use it as a reference, I dunno.

More fitting than what plan I had? I didn't know you knew of any of my plans. ARE YOU STALKING MY BRAIN?
This thing about SNZ's track, is it need not only to represent the icy, cold, ethereal feeling of it, but it also needs to emphasize the fact the Robotnik has taken over the place, polluting and corrupting it. That's the part that causes me more trouble than the ice part.

The Title Screen Music... I reckon it should take some inspiration from this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLLE_PvJ5mY

I definitely think the whole Synth thing would go well, especially with AAZ I must add.

Nice job at picking out one of my favorite tracks. :p
I do plan on making something more slow, like that. It'd be somewhat opposed to the typical Sonic start theme, but with the spacy background that TP currently has, I think something along those lines would be more fitting.

It pains me to tell you this, but you may not ever get any better inspiration. This is not to say I'm not busy fixing AAZ's gameplay--I totally am, and I've made some progress, especially when it comes to removing filler--but thematically speaking, the level may plateau soon.

Let me try to help you out here if you're looking for a theme. Ever played the game Otto Matic? Alien Armageddon could probably benefit from music similar to that found in Level 4. Here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0A5z3xBuRc

Hmm... Kinda laid back and slow, but I guess something like that could work. I'll have to consider the issue more when I get to that point.

It doesn't have to be the same tempo. Just work with that kind of haunting atmosphere and a similar instrument set if possible.

I was thinking, maybe something like this is best for Act 1 of AAZ:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYO9A3Y5RW4

To me, AAZ is surrounded more of an "All out war, and Sonic arrives during its full swing" type zone, for Act 1 anyway. Act 2 should have the eerieness and creepy sound of being in the heart of a mad scientist's base, as you make your way towards either your imminent doom, or the planet's glorious salvation.

Last edited:
Wow!

This level pack is very good! It's like an Episode 2 of SRB2! I can't believe how big it is, as well as the cutscenes!

I clicked the link out of curiosity, and saw that it was the BGM for FS2. I set it playing, and I was stunned. It brought to mind that the planet had been tortured, and it gave the impression of mechanization on a planetary scale, and oddly, peace. It seemed stunningly appropriate. Well done Charybdisz for creating such an excellent piece of music; well done Fawfulfan for picking him to make it!

Last edited:
Well, I've finally released it.

As most of you probably know, this is the last version of Tortured Planet. I might update it for 2.1 compatibility later on, but that's it.

I put a lot into this final release, so I hope you all enjoy it.

Hall of Mirrors

I think you missed something...

srb20002-1.png

From ECZ1...

Last edited:
That's not a missing texture, it's a ZenNode deformity.

That said, I'm posting a quick update.

Last edited:
Fawfulfan, upload your music as a split rar attachment on the MB or something, I'm not going to make a 4shared account to play Tortured Planet.

Why on earth are you hosting the music on 4shared, of all places? You have to actually sign up just to download from there, argh.

Why not Mediafire or Sendspace?

Would you mind uploading the music wad somewhere besides 4shared? It is wanting me to sign up or sign in to download it, and that seems just wrong to ask for someone to do for them to get a music wad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back