Official Level Design Contest: March/April

Status
Not open for further replies.
shadowstar said:
What I meant was... How would I use somebody else's music... Would I have to get their permission... wait... no, I wouldn't, because you guys (I don't think) you got Sonic Team's permission to use Sonic... Or, is music different?
I would prefer if you asked permission to use the file before using it. I never use material that wasn't ripped without asking the original creator.

I dunno. I have to complete and submit it by April 15th, because that's the day when my ZIM limited edition box set comes in, and I'm going to plant my ass in front of the TV when that day arrives and stay there for around 7 months. Then I'll get some sleep, take a whiz, and go back to watching it again.

Is it a conspiracy? Because I can't tell.

[Seriously though, that might take up quite a bit of this month's time...]

bigboi said:
Is it too late for my entry?

EDIT: Sorry for the bump. :?
As FF said, no, it's not.

Don't worry about bumping this topic either, considering it's a Sticky and can't possibly be bumped to the top of the forum because it's already AT the top of the forum ^_~

Boy, I just might pull out of this contest. Floodwater Forest has gotten no progress whatsoever since Mystic's little test we did about a month ago, and it's still far from finished.

Campfire Chaos, on the other hand...

I might enter a level from Emerald War in, considering that I had a great idea for Gem Egg. Of course, I have, what, three weeks? Oh well.

Sonicandtails218 said:
I might enter a level from Emerald War in, considering that I had a great idea for Gem Egg. Of course, I have, what, three weeks? Oh well.
Three weeks is still plenty of time to make a 1 player level. If you're efficient, you can make a decent 1 player stage in one week.

My problem is, I don't have much talent in making a good 1 player level on my own due to how much I've worked on multiplayer levels. My 1 player levels look like a bunch of match levels pasted together.

So, to make up for my incompetance in 1 player, I plan to create about three match levels to be entered. I just need to know if this is allowable.

Sure it is. You can enter as many wads as you want, just so long as the wad was made for this contest. If you haven't already released it, go right ahead. Beta testing is allowed, though.

Here's a pic of a wad I might enter for May's contest.

srb20119rf.gif

Ooh, looks nice.

EDIT: Well, I just played the wad. I'm not sure how well the map will flow in match netgames, but it's pretty interesting nontheless. Oh, and you forgot one thing; NO CUSTOM MUSIC. Might wanna fix that...

Just out of curiousity, which of you guys are planning on entering something into the single player part of the contest? I'm going to be entering Gloom Metropolis Zone, and I'd just like to know that the contest isn't going to be empty.

And remember: Only one week until the deadline, so now would be a good time to get those entries finished.

Want to, but my map's a bit too ambitious to finish in a week, WITH constant playing of DOOM (finally bought Collector's Edition, it rocks) and... egh, homework... *shudder*

I might crap something out just to have some competition, though, and release whatever I've got at a later date as a standalone (or for another contest, I dunno). Another conversion of a DOOM map would be cool, but DOOM's nonlinear style doesn't work too well with SRB2's somewhat more linear style, so... I dunno, I might convert DOOM II's MAP01 or MAP07 for multiplayer or something. Those seem to be popular.

Could you please allow custom music for May's contest? The music is perfect for the level. It's Oil Ocean/Dust Hill from Sonic 2.

bigboi said:
Could you please allow custom music for May's contest? The music is perfect for the level. It's Oil Ocean from Sonic 2.
Fixed. Nobody has confirmed weither or not Oil Ocean's music would have been used for Dust Hill. No big deal, but I just thought I'd point that out.

I suppose that aren't, remember that Dust Hill was the name of both the desert level and Mystic Caves zone... And according to time travel rumors, it can be the same stage (then the same music) in different times...

I was supposed some of the time travels:
  • Green Hill to Neo Green Hill (to past or to future? I don't know)
  • Chemical Plant to Genocide City (bad future)
  • Dust Hill (MCz) to Dust Hill (desert) (past)
  • Metropolis to Wood (past)
I was supposed it, and not all of them was wrote in some page...

No, I will not remove the custom music ban in the match competition. I don't want any complexity when merging maps into a single file anymore. If you want to use custom stuff, why not try making a 1 player stage for the next contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back