Ponyo, the first anime disney helped with in a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Simpsons Movie used CGI for some segments but was still predominantly hand animated (although they did use tablets to animate some parts to speed up production).

It's worth nothing as well that a few of the Disney "hand animated" films used CGI heavily for some segments post 80's, The Lion King and Mulan spring to mind, so it's not exactly unheard of.

Last edited:
The Simpsons Movie used CGI for some segments but was still predominantly hand animated (although they did use tablets to animate some parts to speed up production).

It's worth nothing as well that a few of the Disney "hand animated" films used CGI heavily for some segments post 80's, The Lion King and Mulan spring to mind, so it's not exactly unheard of.

True, didn't Lion King use it for the stampede? But even so, they still managed to retain a hand drawn look, while the Simpsons movie definitely looks more like it was made with a computer.

But what I meant was, that Beavis and Butthead was one of the last movies to be completely hand drawn.

I saw Noah Cyrus and Frankie Jonas in the English cast and thought "Oh no."

Then I also saw Tina Fey, Matt Damon, Liam Neeson and Cate Blanchett.

You read my mind, sir.

But, really, Disney making an anime? Wow, never seen that before. And I haven't seen this movie though. I'm guessing this would be good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back