SEGA making a VOCALOID game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh... I don't know how many of you even know what a VOCALOID is, BUT I'm posting this anyway. Well, this sort of surprised me, but I guess SEGA is making a Hatsune Miku game. I don't quite get the gameplay, but I found this info, http://blog.kevinay.com/2008/08/hatsune-miku-on-the-psp/
And this preview video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-02g_YWF0qY

I'm guessing it will probably be japanese only, so that makes me sad...

Anyway, Discuss!!

EDIT: I spotted Hachune/Minimiku waving around a leek in the video, so now SEGA is starting to redeem itself to me.

Umm...I'm sorry, what?

SEGA's always been good to me, it's just the Sonic series that's been failing.

Yeah, good point. I just don't play a lot except Sonic. So, SEGA still failed to me because of Sonic.

Anyway, I kinda get the gameplay after watching the video over and over again. I guess you make her sing?

I dunno. I don't have any idea what the controls would be.

EDIT: Found the official page, but it's not working for me T-T
http://miku.sega.jp/

I'm one of those VOCALOID fans and I must say this is fairly interesting. At the time of seeing this, I only have one thing that I like about it and a thing I dislike about it.
I like how it has Miku in it and the fact that it's made by SEGA which is somewhat at a neutral standpoint for me. What I dislike about it is that it looks like another variation of Elite Beat Agents but not with a touch screen. This makes it seem a little like DDR in my perspective. I also don't like how it's being developed on the PSX as it's a system I don't have.

Personally I would give this a shot if I could.

EDIT: This somehow reminded me of the already released 13 Sai No Hello World game. While I do have the ROM for this, I was never able to get to this point in the game as the ROM kept crashing on me for god knows why. :(

A Singing synthesizer originally created by Yamaha, and I think Miku is made by Crypton? Am I right? Anyway, it's basically an instrument. It's not a human, so you can basically make it sing anything you want. The only reason I don't have one, is because one is around $160.

Also I got the site to work. It be great. Kinda small though. I wonder if Rin, Len, or any other Vocaloids will be in it.

OK! Bumping a topic about half a year old, but I bring lots of info!
So SEGA released some cool stuff at a game showing and I like what I see and hear.
For one, Akita Neru and Yowane Haku are gonna be in the game. (SEGA's putting fan charas in something official! BLARGRLR)
20090313_psp01_resize.jpg

There are going to be 39 unlockable costumes. Including this.
1903.jpg

There will be 39 songs but only a few have been revealed. Off of the top of my head there will be
MikuMiku Ni Shi te Ageru
Dreaming Leaf
Strobo NiGHTS (I have to use that capitalization XP)
Packaged
The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku
World is Mine
Miku MIku kin ni go chuui
Anata no Uta-hime
Sakura no Ame

I know that there are more but I can't remember what.

So Kagamine Rin and Len will be in this. Also Megurine Luka. I have no idea if you can actually play as them or whatever's gonna happen but they're in there.

The release date for Japan will be Jully 2nd.

And there is a video recording of someone playing world is mine on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXlciCEe3PI

I'm Interested, Is there a small chance this will hit the UK? Oh and I'm glad Sega didn't do the fan character thing with the sonic series, god imagine how bad that would turn out...

I heard about this a while back, and there's tons of gameplay videos on nico nico, but the chances of this game being released anywhere else but Japan is so slim.

The girl with the pink hair looks like the spitting image of Lovrina from Pokemon XD: Gale of darkness, doubt I'd get this though, not my sort of thing.

I recognize the Space Channel 5 costume anywhere.
Also, with the thought of Miku changing costumes I'm given the thought of "Ooooh, Fanservice!"

I'm also liking the song selection so far, even though I don't seem to recognize any of the songs. I always love listening to Miku's new songs. :)

Yes I do believe that almost all of the costume designs are originally by users of Piapro. Some japanese art site. I can post a few pics of them later.

I was dissapointed to hear from someone yesterday that none of Takepod's vocaloid songs were gonna be in the game. I hope this is reconsidered, as in my opinion, Takepod makes the best vocaloid songs and they're incredibly popular in Japan.

Although I can understand why they wouldn't, since they'd have to pay royalties and what not, but it'd be worth it.

Chao Freak 1 said:
(SEGA's putting fan charas in something official! BLARGRLR)
WOT?
I'm sorry... did I read you correctly? Fan characters?
Bwahahahaha! Whoa.... That is friggin unbelievable. That's way past awesome. Er... Hold on a minute.....

Where's the fanservice for Sonic fan characters? There are some excellently original FCs out there that are actually better than what we get thrown at us.

Gleugh.... They don't allow comics characters in Sonic and now this..? Geesh, how lame.

GREG THE CAT said:
Where's the fanservice for Sonic fan characters? There are some excellently original FCs out there that are actually better than what we get thrown at us.

Gleugh.... They don't allow comics characters in Sonic and now this..? Geesh, how lame.
What? The Sonic universe is overflowing with enough new characters as it is, (Chip, Jet, Wave, Storm, Blaze, Cream, Vanilla, Marine, Shadow, Rouge, Chaos, Tikal, Gamma, Omega, Shade, Big the cat, etc.) and doesn't need much more unless a new character's creation is actually called for. Such as Chip, Rouge, the Babylon Rogues, or Blaze.
Otherwise, I believe characters like Marine and most of the Archie-exclusive ones (That number has to be somewhere in the hundreds.) are just a waste of space. Leave Sonic some air to breathe, will ya? :P

Dr.Pepper said:
Leave Sonic some air to breathe, will ya? :P
Sorry. But that thing about the FCs in Mika was odd to hear..... (Plus, some Sonic FCs, 10% of them, are actually better than some official characters.)
SEGA using Fan Characters....... Weird.

Sega better hope this doesn't open the floodgates of fan mail asking for their fan character to be in their next game because of this. That is if it hasn't happend already.

glaber said:
Sega better hope this doesn't open the floodgates of fan mail asking for their fan character to be in their next game because of this. That is if it hasn't happend already.
Exactly. It's just so strange. I mean, if one series can do it, why not the other? Oh yeah....
The fans make silly overpowered characters, while 20 (or more like 10?) percent of the community actually puts out quality characters.

P.S. I'm surprised you didn't say something on my thought of putting SatAM characters in the games, Glaber.... (Well.... Wait.... I'm talking 'bout SEGA the misfits here.... They could possibly screw the SatAM characters up.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back