Removed objects/actions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So should I recolour them as green (like the srb2palatte)

Well, problem with that is that in some of those cases they're using other colors besides green for changing skin color, because they have green parts that shouldn't be changing with the rest.

I guess recoloring to green would be alright for those who didn't already have green socks or whatever. For any who that can't work with on the other hand, the only alternative might be to manually recolor their sprites so they're already the colors you want them to be.

Well, problem with that is that in some of those cases they're using other colors besides green for changing skin color, because they have green parts that shouldn't be changing with the rest.

I guess recoloring to green would be alright for those who didn't already have green socks or whatever. For any who that can't work with on the other hand, the only alternative might be to manually recolor their sprites so they're already the colors you want them to be.

That's not a bad idea, but I can I also do this alternative: Put original colours on to the modern characters (like silver in Thompsons STH360RE mod).

you can change the color that is changed for multiplayer, but if you want to make a character with a super form, for example shadow, the color turns yellow so his black color should be the changeable color but you can't have the black color anymore

Why was the infinite ring from 1.09.4 removed?
Because match weapons are no longer time-based, but the infinity ring needs a time restriction or otherwise it would break the game. I think it actually was part of 2.0's weapon system for a while as the sole time-based weapon, but it was decided that this made things needlessly complicated for no good reason, so it was removed before release.

Actually, it was more that it was massively overpowered with the new system. Imagine spamming bounce rings for 15 seconds with no restrictions and you can see why it got the axe =P

Actually, it was more that it was massively overpowered with the new system. Imagine spamming bounce rings for 15 seconds with no restrictions and you can see why it got the axe =P

Or moreso, using that in conjunction with super to wreck absolutely everyone.

Super wasn't even in the game properly when we removed it, IIRC. It was just that the combination of bounce and infinity ended up even more absurd than automatic-infinity ever was.

As far as I can tell it was never stated that green had to be the changable color with character skins - after all, a couple of characters such as Espio and (my) Mighty have used blue instead of green as the changable color range, for instance.

I'm not talking about just remapping a contiguous range of 16 colors... I'm talking about being able to shift the entire palette around.

So maybe color 194 is now 54, and 94 is now 12, and 132 is now 63, etc.

Lua and SOCs basically allow you to do everything you could possibly want.

Almost everything. SOCs are somehow limited to me... By hoping LUAs are a significant change.
Also, I've been wondering, SRB2's code seems to be similar to Doom's, through people made page on the SRB2 Wiki for each Actions. It's like, didn't you guys who made the game, completly recreated each action with different properties ?

Almost everything. SOCs are somehow limited to me... By hoping LUAs are a significant change.
Rob was talking about what you can do in 2.1. 2.0 is pretty limited.

Also, I've been wondering, SRB2's code seems to be similar to Doom's, through people made page on the SRB2 Wiki for each Actions. It's like, didn't you guys who made the game, completly recreated each action with different properties ?
I have no idea what you're asking here.

What about the little orange diggers from early versions of SRB2? How come they didn't make the cut.

It's fun to learn about all this stuff sometimes...

The orange diggers are from the TGF/Klik N' Play version. Unlike the Minus, they never got updated.

Well, they were sorta updated. Their sprites were discovered in SRB2 Christmas Windows version. The Drillakilla was just never used within the demo. Same thing for the Egghead.

Both Drilla and egghead were discovered to be functional in Demo 2 when the betas of Mine Maze and Eggrock were released.

since then the only real update drilla saw was making the drillbit hurt the player. Though this was only seen in custom levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back