• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Nitro's character pack

Who are you looking forward to the most?

• Sonic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tails

• Knuckles

• Shadow

• Rouge

• Amy

• Ray

• Silver

• Mighty

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CRITICISM TIME!

NitroLogo.png

Erm... The logo doesn't have any meaning in it.... Fix, plz.

SONCA1.png

Wow... Sonic... His head is shapped wrong. He should also be a bit slimer.
See Here.

TAILA1-2.png

Wut. Anyways, an example couldn't hurt. See Here.

KNUXA1.jpg

Knux looks more like a mushroom than an Echidna. Keep his spines, etc. flowing.
See Here.

AMYRA1-1.png

Amy seems aqwardly compressed. Make her a bit.... sleeker.
See Here.

SHADA1.png

Shadow seems wrong in so many ways. For one, his spikes need to go back instead of to the side. The side spikes also dip down before up. Shadow's body is also extreemly sleek.
See Here.

SILVA1.png

Silver looks like crap. Give him more life than a Sonic Recolor.
See Here.

ROUGA1-1.png

Rouge. Make her wings closer to her back. She also needs to be more elegant. I'm sure you allready know that she needs to be Fixed in severall preaviously disscussed places.
See here. And Here.

MIGHTA1.png

Mighty shouldn't look like Sonic. He has the same problem as Silver, exept that he should be an armadillo, not a hedgehog.
See here.

RAYSA1.png

Good luck here. I really haven't seen him before.

TLSD1.png

The tails doll doesn't have to be bloody to be scary. It's about the may he looks and moves.
See here.

Note: Clicking on most pictures will enlarge them.

*exits Nitros mind* Guys, whatever you do, *pant* don't ever, *pant pant* go in, *pant* Nitros mind... *dies*

On Edge, they look to be based more off of Genesis sprites than anything else. Genesis had a knack for making Sonic and co. fat to fill in the block that he took up in the game. (64x32 was it?)

Tails Doll looks awesome, can't wait to see more!

I'd like to remind you that Rouge's heart thing should be smooth line shaded, not bubble shaded, the pic showed is a good example of this. (sure its shading is more advanced but this is a basic sprite here) If done correctly, Rouge should actually not be a character you should have to worry about designing due to the size of the sprite.

As the posts get buried, I just want to keep this in notice so that it doesn't get forgotten.

Nitro totally avoided my criticizm there. D:

I know what you're saying about the style, but some people weren't around back then. Like Shadow, Silver, Rouge, etc.
Sonics.PNG

Would Silver look good if he even slightly resembled the left side?

on Edge said:
Nitro totally avoided my criticizm there. D:

I know what you're saying about the style, but some people weren't around back then. Like Shadow, Silver, Rouge, etc.
Sonics.PNG

Would Silver look good if he even slightly resembled the left side?
  • If he was fat, no. If he was short, yes.
  • Hey Nitro! When can we expect a release?

SONIC'S SENTRY said:

Segmint said:
So that's about 1,750 days (1 sprite per day (I'm guessing:
nitro_the_hedgehog said:
Okay, I'm going to be allowed on for brief moments at a time, I think. I should hopefully be able to make at least 1 sprite within that period of time.
), 170 sprites (approx.) per character), which comes out to 58.3 months, which is about 4.85 years.

Okay, then. o.o

Also, why do you randomly add [list][/list] to all of your sentences?

*leaves Nitro's mind holding candyfloss*
G'bye friends!
>=D
You'll never guess what I found in there!
Plans on giving Tails Doll a super scary form! AND THERE ALL HERE IN my bag that I...left...in...his mind...

on Edge said:
This topic is too popular. D:
on Edge said:
on Edge said:
on Edge said:
on Edge said:

Seriously. Nitro is only working on Tails Doll at the moment (to keep up the hype I suppose, since everyone here is like zOMG TAILSDOLL CURSE), and like I've calculated before, you can't really expect a finished version until years from now.

Segmint said:
on Edge said:
on Edge said:
on Edge said:
on Edge said:
on Edge said:

Seriously. Nitro is only working on Tails Doll at the moment (to keep up the hype I suppose, since everyone here is like zOMG TAILSDOLL CURSE), and like I've calculated before, you can't really expect a finished version until years from now.
PHIONIX WRIGHT MUSIC

Nonono segminto.
Thats just an estemate.
With the popularity of this wad growning, we'll soon have helpers...help with the wad *imagines Oopma Loompas on computers*.
Also, Nitro might get a sudden burst of inspiration thus making the sprites at a much faster pase.

1700 sprites is a lot.

Thend

Whether or not he gets sudden inspiration for characters made by Sega (ironic), it'll still be an obscenely long time.

Segmint said:
SONIC'S SENTRY said:

Segmint said:
So that's about 1,750 days (1 sprite per day (I'm guessing:
nitro_the_hedgehog said:
Okay, I'm going to be allowed on for brief moments at a time, I think. I should hopefully be able to make at least 1 sprite within that period of time.
), 170 sprites (approx.) per character), which comes out to 58.3 months, which is about 4.85 years.

Okay, then. o.o

Also, why do you randomly add [list][/list] to all of your sentences?
  • 4.85 years! You've gotta' be kidding me! That's gonna' drive us insane.
  • Segmint, I put lists around sentences whenever I begin to express a new idea. You know how paragraphing works.

G.Metal Sonic/Madness fan said:
...no Metal Sonic -,-
ZOMG NO METAL SONIC AND NO BARK AND NO MARIO AND NO SMS AND NO THROUGH ROAD AND MY FAN CHARRIE ALSO ISNT THERE! THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING GET IN THE CAR!

Dude, if everyone got their own way then every character in existence including fancharacters and characters from other games, and NitroTH will never finish this pack.

As Potatomoto once said:
Potatomoto said:
MY CART! MY RULES!

• Well.... I've finally got XWE so I just might start making character wads for SRB2. I think I'll might begin my character making career here by making.....Marine? Felix the cat?
  • By the way Nitro, I like how you redesigned Ray the Flying Squirrel. He looks less like a recolor now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back