SonicQuest - Beta 0.6 [mtf_sonicquest_beta06.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.
or maybe this Genesis one?

Yes! I'm looking for that one. It sounds awesome, and I would love to use it as the new boss theme. Anyone know where I can get it?

You know this is kinda ironic. I just found out that I had Sonic3D blast installed on my Wii, I could have just listened to the boss tune there. :P

Offtopic: wtf, kickYouTube

Edit: You know what, I kinda like the Saturn one better. (*begins debate inside head as to which boss tune to use*)

Last edited:
Ooookaaaayyy....
Note: You'll need QuickTime player to be able to listen to the above songs.

No you don't. I listen to it with my default windows player. XD

[OFFTOPIC]
I been to that site before and downloaded everything. Same for sonicspeedzone.ca to get all the Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog episodes, Sonic Underground, and two others. [/OFFTOPIC]

Thanks for referring to sonicspeedzone.ca I managed to find the Saturn boss tune in fastFeetmedia.

Oh and a quote from a PM...

Agent Hack in a PM said:
And I sorta need help with the music. You see, I finally found the Saturn Sonic3D blast boss tune. But its friggen 6.09 MB in size! Is there a way I could shrink that to like 0.99 or something? Cause' that's just outrageous.

So yeah, need some help here...

You kinda messed up on that link D00D, I had to add that last ")". :P

Blame the board :P

I'm sorry, What?
I gotta download this "audacity" and do some stuff I have no clue how to do?
:< Yes, I'm feeling really lazy right now.

Crop the tune so it ends right where the song would go back to the beginning. You can cut half the length this way, AND get rid of the fadeout at the end.

Alright, I used Audacity on the boss tune I got from Sonic Retro.
To be honest with you all, I think I failed miserably. But I want your opinion.

Note: try to figure out how to loop it when listening to it on your media players.

Download (A good 631 KB)
(Used webspace to upload music file, since its the quickest, fastest, ad-free way to upload files)

I like it Agent Hack, as long as the looping part goes somewhere back to the middle of the song, and not the beginning.

I like it Agent Hack, as long as the looping part goes somewhere back to the middle of the song, and not the beginning.

I tried looping it to various points in the song, none of them sound good.
What I need help on right now is what loop point should I use to loop it back to the start? I know how to successfully loop an MP3 file to its start but not an OGG file.

Even without the the objects or scenery the layout still seem dull gameplay-wise.
There is nothing in the layout that really grabs my attention and the floor textures do not really fit in the cave that well either. I would not force the player to use springs that early in the stage since it does not look like a fitting way to start a stage.

There was not really much to comment on in the video.
I would suggest taking something from the first zone of the second demo or major update (cannot remember the name of the zone) since that was probably one of the better ones you had out of all the first zones and some parts of the first zone that is currently the latest one.

Well, the level is just flat out uninteresting. The layout is too simple and looks like someone could make it in less than an hour, the textures are horribly clashing, and it just has no really appeal to it, even considering the lack of enemies/items/etc. And once again, there was NO need for a video. At all.

Alright, winter break is finally here! So this means I'll have a lot more time to work on Sonic Quest. Below list some new changes coming to Sonic Quest Beta 3.0.

(Don't expect Beta 3.0 in till like, January)

New Changes for Beta 3.0:

-3 new zones, Emerald Valley, Futuretropolis, and Toxic Plant.
-Gamedata to be able to save your progress.
-New title screen.
-4 new CTF levels, 2 new Match levels, and 3 more Race levels.
-"Boss Mode"
-"Archives Mode" as an unlockable. With more stuff to look at.
-New scenery. (the ones you see in the Emerald Valley Act 3 video)
-Special SOC files to enhance Multiplayer play. (just a few tweaks)
-Level select pictures for all levels.
-And a few minor changes to how the Main menu looks. (Visually speaking)

And for those who are wondering who "The SonicQuest Team" really is, look no further...

The SonicQuest Team:
Project Leader - Agent Hack (sometimes know as "Wind")

Level Designers - Agent Hack, Darkbob1713, Spherallic

Level Aids - Darkbob1713, Spherallic, Filio

Beta Testers - LightspeedX, Sky The Destroyer, Filio, Darkbob1713, Spherallic

Custom Texture/Scenery work - Spherallic, Darkbob1713

Music - SEGA, Sonic Team, Captain Williams

-The SonicQuest Team is available to be joined by ANYONE. PM me and we'll talk.

And for anyone wondering what the Zone list looks like:

SonicQuest Zone Progression:

Emerald Valley Zone
Futuretropolis Zone
Toxic Plant Zone
Hidden Forest Zone
Frozen Peak Zone
Orange Mountain Zone
Burning Volcano Zone
Aquatic Lab Zone
Egg Fortress Zone
Emerald Cave Zone
Aerial Pass Zone
Robotnik Station Zone

(If you took a look at this, you'd know that "Eggman" is known as "Robotnik" in SQ)

Well that's it for now. Seeya!
~Agent Hack

(Edit: sorry if I missed anyone on The SonicQuest Team listing)
(Edit 2: Forgot Egg Fortress Zone on the Zone listing)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back