One week after launch - has SRB2ME lived up to expectations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll make my case later as I need to build up an arguement using the official games final Special stages, Including game gear, Genesis, Game Cube, GBA, and you get the picture.

Just to point out, the closest game to have Special Stages like SRB2 is probably Sonic CD. Most of the other ones you're just in a half-pipe/full pipe collecting rings. And really, I thought Sonic 2 had a fairly tough SS7 until you've played it multiple times and gotten use to it. Honestly, there really isn't any Sonic SS that can be compared to SRB2 SS.

Personally it exceeded my expectations. This release has been a huge step forward from old crawla-filled stages. ERZ could have been there in any retail game, you know... It´s a really great stage.

I don´t like Doomship being out, but whatever if the boss is nice enough (I expect a truly good scenery if it´s the current final boss). I´m really happy too if that boss will be more natural after some other gimmicks.

I really want to play already the next version. If it adds even more gimmicks, more badniks, and more awesome bosses, then it´s truly awesome. It´s a pitty there isn´t a way to make a donation or something like that, because you would literally deserve it.

Yes, it has completely lived up to expectations. I expected polyobjects, CEZ, and ACZ, and I got them all, so I'm happy.

If i said my case, i can't remember it. :S But yeah..

I am dissapointed with SRB2. It just isn't the same anymore.

Race levels have been cramped, and imo, the new levels, apart from ACZ, have WAD quality. Same with the sprites. They seem WAD-like than official.

So, what i want? I would prefer having the original stages (Without CEZ, and add ACZ and DSZ), and the original styled sprites.

This game has PAST what I thought it would be. Everything is amazing from the locations of the emblems(very tricky knux ones), to the level design.

My only complaint is the Online lag issues. When doing CEZ 2 lags like no tommorow when online and it is still impossible to join a room while a server is playing ERZ1. Other than that: I am impressed!! I look forward to seeing the complete game, and hope you fix some of the bugs I posted.

Sonso, OUT!!

Like someone siad, THZ to DSZ is weird. Why not cutscenes to explain?

Like someone siad, THZ to DSZ is weird. Why not cutscenes to explain?

There WERE cutscenes back during SRB2TGF's development. They were taken out. They weren't much use outside of "archive" info anyway, so it's not much of a loss.

'Sides, there have been weirder transitions, like say... Most of Sonic 1.

Yeah, but does anyone know what happened to MMZ (Mine Maze Zone) and RMZ (Rocky Mountain Zone) ? There nowhere to be found.

Still too bad they got cut though. However, music for it is still present as tunes 96 (MMZ) and 97 (RMZ). And what about the other music from the SRB2 Official Soundtrack? Like DCZ2, MMZ2, RMZ2, DZ2 and the rest.

2.0 has been a blast to me, I downloaded it today.

my only complaint is compatabillity issues, many great wads fell...
but i tried mysticrealm, and it worked! with some hiccups..

I choose tails, it gives me sonic
Some surfaces are red
and water is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back