Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it blocks 'em, too. I've done it to stop Eggman from going too far in boss levels.

I can vouch for this as well. I've used this in SRB2 Christmas 2006 and 1094 (2007 release) and it does block robots

Blade T. Hedgehog said:
No, it blocks 'em, too. I've done it to stop Eggman from going too far in boss levels.
Oh yeah, I remember that this is used in THZ 3 to keep him from going through the sides of the train.
SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
JazzehBoi, how about the timer of the flag being directly proportionate to the distance from the base?
Would that work? Is there a way to measure the distance of an object from a sector type?

Not sure if we need to get too complicated on the timer. It should probably be be for the wadder to decide based on the general composition of the map, and for the host to decide based on the general composition of the netgame.

Naturally, a dynamic timer could work just as well. Could be a good thing to test. You would want to include team composition as well as distance from the base in the algorithm. Smaller netgames would result in the flag returning faster because there are less people on the map to defend it.

HSX has a good point, but I think it should be optional to have SOC, or coding. few members here Know how to code.

Few members do, that's true, but for those who want to do minor edits, such as only making the thok item spawn and not propel you foward, or having JTE's wall kick from SPMoves and just "vamping" it, it could be useful. Also if some people want to have it that characters fly more forward than up, such as Rouge and Cream from Sonic Heroes. It's also useful if you want to set it that a character has psychokinetic abilities like Silver. What I mean is, say he uses light dash to use psychokinetic abilities like grabing enemies and solid objects, and you use the "ringtoss" button to launch the enemies. Doing this can make Silver more like Silver, and it can be set that it's impossible to do this if you can light dash, and vice verca.

EDIT: The Silver thing might not be so easy, but it might if you try looking at Senya's code and tweaking it so that you have a different stand sprite and an alternate pallet, and your target goes into a different state (looks like it's being held in air like enemies in S2K6).

Hyper Shadic X said:
Few members do, that's true, but for those who want to do minor edits, such as only making the thok item spawn and not propel you foward, or having JTE's wall kick from SPMoves and just "vamping" it, it could be useful. Also if some people want to have it that characters fly more forward than up, such as Rouge and Cream from Sonic Heroes. It's also useful if you want to set it that a character has psychokinetic abilities like Silver. What I mean is, say he uses light dash to use psychokinetic abilities like grabing enemies and solid objects, and you use the "ringtoss" button to launch the enemies. Doing this can make Silver more like Silver, and it can be set that it's impossible to do this if you can light dash, and vice verca.

EDIT: The Silver thing might not be so easy, but it might if you try looking at Senya's code and tweaking it so that you have a different stand sprite and an alternate pallet, and your target goes into a different state (looks like it's being held in air like enemies in S2K6).

Soccing can do quite a few of those things. AND S_SKIN editing.

Yeah, but the wall kick can not be really prefected, and the no-propel thok doesn't work without cutting your momentum. I don't know how one could make the character move more foward, and I know Silver's psychic powers are only able to be hard coded. :P

Blue Warrior, the computer I use pulls out 933 MHz in Software Mode. It can't even run OpenGL without the lag being greater than that of Botanic Serenity Zone High-End.

This is probably idiotic and someone might have already sugeested it, but how about floor texture alignment and springs that go on walls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back