France's government is trying to forbide free software

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I just hate when the big guys do stuff like this. Everyone should be allowed to use and create free software, instead of having to pay for every single freaking program you use.

FoxBlitzz said:
God, I just hate when the big guys do stuff like this. Everyone should be allowed to use and create free software, instead of having to pay for every single freaking program you use.
And being able to distribute the source code if you want your program source code being available to the public. (they want for forbid that!!!)

BigBoi, this topic was meant to be serious. Don't do comments of that kind. And actually, it's really annoying. Well, acutally it's a *puttheworstwordyouknowhere*.

Sik said:
BigBoi, this topic was meant to be serious. Don't do comments of that kind. And actually, it's really annoying. Well, acutally it's a *puttheworstwordyouknowhere*.

Hey, say that to fox.dx2.

Bigboi said:
Sik said:

Hey, say that to fox.dx2.
I was in favor of him.

BigBoi, sometimes one word is more than enough. So, don't comment about this.

Fox.dx2, say a complete sentence instead of a word before BigBoi gets me crazy with that.

Sik said:
And being able to distribute the source code if you want your program source code being available to the public. (they want for forbid that!!!)

Well, if they're going to ban free software, then banning the source would also make sense, since then people could just compile it.

But I agree, this is totally stupid. Not everyone who writes a program wants to sell it.

now thats just plain crazy, half the time the most useful (and fun) stuff is free, im thinking that if free software was prohibited then the internet would be used a lot less than usual, and causing all these big internet service provider companies to earn less money, eventually go bankrupt, and spell the end of the internet. :(

KEEP FREE SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!!

Sonicandtails218 said:
Besides, this will just cause everyone to pirate crap even more.
That's what I said earlier, before my post was mysteriously deleted. I don't see why, I wasn't exactly breaking any rules- I mean, yeah, I was talking about piracy, but I figured I was still in the green, seeing as how I wasn't talking about the distribution of warez and the like. That's like grouping an intelligent discussion about pregnancy in teens under sex talk.

yeah, kinda how you were talking about the whole peeing and urine thing.
Also: Move to Canada, the US is weird *hammered*

Ritz said:
Sonicandtails218 said:
Besides, this will just cause everyone to pirate crap even more.
That's what I said earlier, before my post was mysteriously deleted. I don't see why, I wasn't exactly breaking any rules- I mean, yeah, I was talking about piracy, but I figured I was still in the green, seeing as how I wasn't talking about the distribution of warez and the like. That's like grouping an intelligent discussion about pregnancy in teens under sex talk.
Maybe an error in the server, because normally administrators would delete only the forbiden part and then put a warning in its place.

Anyways, I agree. With banning free programs the piracy will increase a lot, when they want to avoid the piracy with this. Bad move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back