• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

my first wad (emerl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of immediately locking this, I'll help you out.

Use this site to upload your pictures: http://tinypic.com/

Once you have uploaded it, copy the text in the box below "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards".

Try that.

Talking about breaking BBCode tags. Try putting the url in between the
tag

cupcakethecat said:
i am new to wad building what are JPG images.
JPG is an image file type used mainly for compressing image file size. However, it makes the image look all fuzzy.

In the WAD file, make sure the image lumps are BMP, I believe that's the only image type SRB2 accepts.

Eblo said:
In the WAD file, make sure the image lumps are BMP, I believe that's the only image type SRB2 accepts.
Actually, SRB2 doesn't accept BMP at all, AFAIK. It only uses the DooM picture format, which most lump editors conveniently convert your bitmap images into.
cupcakethecat said:
Those are actually looking pretty good, and nice job on the shading. The front and back sprites are larger than the rest of the frames, though, so you might want to make your other sprites a little taller.
Also, are the sprites using SRB2's color palette? I can't really tell since the image is in JPEG format. The next time you post sprites, save it as a PNG, and then upload it to TinyPic. That way, it won't save the image as a JPEG file.

Decent enough. My only problem is that the run sprites seem a bit dull compared with the rest of the sheet.

I know I've seen these sprites before. Someone was working on Emerl with the same stand sprites. If you continue this, good luck.

cupcakethecat said:
hi guys
how do you feel about rockets for runnning
eggmans eggmobile has rckets emerl figths him
he learns the ability
I doubt SRB2 can handle having a character that learns an ability everytime he fights an enemy.....

what i plan on doing is start with one that can fly and in time create more gizoids

i just gave emerl rocket legs for running because in sonic battle emerl fights eggman
he copied that ability before he dissapears so i gave him that. Plus I think it is cool

Not to be mean, but those jumping frames are a sprite rip just recolored or something. Other than that it could be passed off as "plausible."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back