Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just bought Minecraft a few days back. Pretty fun but it takes a lot of patience and memorization. Heck I had to pull a Hansel and Gretel with pumpkins and flowers as land marks just to find my home I made inside a mountain when I went hunting for food and wool.

I know the feeling. Before I started playing, I never thought it would be so easy to get lost. If you have a compass, and a landmark at the spawn point though, it helps a lot.

What server are you playing on, anyways? On the SRB2 Server, we have a city near the spawn, and that serves as a good landmark to base everything else off of by compass. I don't really get lost any more.

I'm kind of pleased and also displeased that there is an overall objective. It gives me something to look forward to, as I'm probably not going to fight it for a long time, but at the same time, it seems like once you fight it, the game will seem empty. Heck, a bunch of people on the SRB2 server were all like "Yeah we're still gonna play after we beat the Enderdragon", but I have yet to see them on since they did. The server is a lot less busy now, and that kind of sucks.

Actually I'm playing Single Player so I could at least get an understanding of how stuff works. I might play multiplayer later on, but I doubt I'll be as active.

Classes, work, etc.

Actually I'm playing Single Player so I could at least get an understanding of how stuff works. I might play multiplayer later on, but I doubt I'll be as active.

Classes, work, etc.

Yeah, I haven't been able to play as much as I'd like to, due to more important things like work and social commitments.

Don't worry about not knowing how things work before joining a server, though. We don't bite even if you don't know your redstone logic. :p

It's quite an awesome thing, playing a completely sandbox game with other people. There's always construction, and every time I walk into the town, there is something new. Plus, being able to show other people your creations in person is always fun.

Texture pack

Well I present to you SONIC ROBO CRAFT

srb2%20minecraft-1.png

(Ta-daaaa)

I am starting a SRB2-style texture pack for MineCraft and that's just what it looks like!! Could you suggest what other textures I should use?

I am starting a SRB2-style texture pack for MineCraft and that's just what it looks like!! Could you suggest what other textures I should use?

If I recall correctly KOTE was working on something similar. I am not sure whether or not he finished it.

I might also join the Minecraft Server once more. After last time I thought that it would be down for good. It didn't even occur to me once that it would be back. Well if I find the time I'll be sure to get back on in there.

Shame I didn't see a lot of you on much longer, but it was kinda fun playing this game online for once. Got a home up, my small melon farm set, etc.

Might get on it tomorrow and scavenge up some stuff for the community. Just placed some leather and raw pork in the chest near the wheat farm where the tame wolves sit.

EDIT: So I went and built a rest area. . . (( X:-302.63 Y:64.62 Z:659.86))
2011-12-08_122339.png

Bed, furnace, and a chest of supplies if people ever travel this far out.

2011-12-08_122416-Copy.png

Remember, if you need food if close to starvation, a bed, etc follow the co-ordinance. But a reminder. . .the chest I put there follows the "take a penny, leave a penny" rule.

Last edited:
Is it okay if I join the server? I wanna have something to do, and I wanna say hi to the community I've been away from for a while.

p6gcZ.png

Here is an picture of my texture pack. Currently, I've replaced dirt, grass and snow textures. I need to fix the side grass texture, as you can see in the picture. I have used Sphax PureBDCraft as a base, but when I release it, I will use the default MineCraft textures as base. I have also done animated water. It is a 128px texture pack.

It rather annoys me how many texture packs I find appealing only to find they're well above and beyond Minecraft's native texture size, meaning I have to find and install a mod if I ever hope to use it - a mod which will be totally invalidated the minute Mojang releases an update.

Bleh.

Actually I can still seem to use my high-res texture packs even though there have been about two updates since I first used it. It's just the texture packs that need to be updated.

Ah Minecraft. Yes I do have this game & my friend hosts a private server where we have a small city. Though 1.0 screwed things up.

So it appears to be Monster season around the area of the towns. Creepers spawning closer to areas. . .Zombies wandering around the bridge, etc. Heck it's like we need a night watch now. XD

Some screenshots taken in the server:

The bridge

gtx1c.png

The Sapphire Town

GiQZS.png

Cute?

saiCE.png

Zarro's bitchin' castle is visited by famous MC characters (.... including creepers...)

410ie.png

... eh?

UXxrn.png

(it's just someone needed some wood, isn't it TTM?)

Do we have a server? I'm confused.

We do. Join SRB2Fun and ask for the address.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back