need a few answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

spam90675

plays as steel the echidna
i try to add the updated 2.04 patch (titled "srb2jte.wad") and it says I cannot load it. do I have the right file? or is something wrong with my computer?

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

bump .

Srb2jte is not a patch, it is an outdated wad that does NOT, I repeat NOT WORK AT ALL for srb2 2.0.whatever and on.

i actually have the same problem also i tried to get 2.0.4 on my dads laptop an it always said WAD could not be found an it makes no sense.

The 2.0.4 patch is just a different srb2win.exe.

You can update it on your own by using the srb2 updater that comes with 2.0.1.

I actually did that torgo but I stop it mid cause I was afraid that it would get rid of my 1.09.4 so will it?

The SRB2 updater only works with 2.0.1. It will not update 1.09.4 or any of the old wads (like SRB2jte.wad). You have to have 1.09.4 and 2.0.x in different folders.

I'm sure you can have SRB2 1.09.4 and 2.04 on the same computer, just in different locations.

Yeah, like a flash drive or so. Like I did. Just don't have the two SRB2 versions together in the same folder/ location because it'll be some confusion.

Yes, you can play 1.09.4 anytime you want. However, you won't be able to host on the master server with it, or with SRB2JTE exe. If you want to do that, you have to look here for how to host games off the master server.

oh I misunderstood i thought i had to keep them seperated so it would make both work still

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

I know how to host without ms anyways. This is all really helping me out so I should first get my updater running then what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back