Suggestions

Well at least invincibility should be easyer to see in other players. If someone is invincible, they could be running at you at full speed and you would have to look closely to see the invincibility sparkles. By the time you can see them, it's too late to
react; you get rammed, and robbed. At least, thats the problem I have.
This is actually partially intentional. In general you should be suspicious of people going straight at you, especially if they don't flinch when you shoot them. Actually melee attacking people is quite difficult and the reward is stealing everything your opponent had.

Anyways, the rail ring needs to have a lower knockback. It's very annoying, especialy in Nimbus Ruins zone. (1 hit from rail = fall into death pit)
Again, this is also intentional. Rail is hard to use at close range and the knockback is a benefit to help you take their things if you pull this off. Pretty much EVERY knockback boosted weapon is an instant kill in Nimbus Ruins, so I don't see why this should be a problem. The average lifespan in NRZ is like 20 seconds anyways.

Kill Nimbus Ruins Zone.

That level just doesn't compare to the others in the rotation and still feels like 1.09.4.
I actually like Nimbus Ruins. It does seem a bit old, but it's overall a good level, and shouldn't be totally torched.

In-game Ban and Kick reasons. Having to say why you're kicking or banning somebody before doing so is insanely annoying, and tends to make 'em leave before you can do anything.

This would be really nice. Hasn't it been gone over why it wasn't added before, though?

Kill Nimbus Ruins Zone.

That level just doesn't compare to the others in the rotation and still feels like 1.09.4.
Translation for the rest of you:

I still don't like Nimbus Ruins Zone. Please remove it.
I don't see how this is a valid statement. Nimbus Ruins plays very differently from the rest of the CTF stages. This does not mean it is somehow "bad" or needs to be removed, even if you don't like it.

One of my main goals in the multiplayer rotation is to have a large variety of levels in the game with very different gameplay. Jade Valley plays very differently from Tidal Palace, which plays very differently from Infernal Cavern. Nimbus Ruins plays very differently from the rest of the CTF rotation. This doesn't mean I plan to make more levels like it, but it does mean that levels with vastly different gameplay will be kept around for variety.

So please, stop beating dead horses. We get that you don't like the new save system and Nimbus Ruins. The thing is, your opinion is not more important than the opinion of the REST of the forums. While I want to know your opinion, I want to know it in the same way I want to know everyone ELSE'S opinion on the level design, which would be this topic right here: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=31114

I don't see how your opinion of the game's level design deserves a post in the feature suggestion thread while everyone else's opinion deserves a post in the level design rating thread.

NRZ is my best level actually. Ahh, me and rail. . .
Speaking of which,
Again, this is also intentional. Rail is hard to use at close range and the knockback is a benefit to help you take their things if you pull this off.
Except for the fact that in NRZ, I can not remember the last time I hit someone close enough to grab their stuff and not be hit myself, :(. The knock-back is a bit too much.

Also, if you're hit by a "noob" spamming Rail, he is no "noob" and you just suck. Or you're fighting Armonte. Or anyone else that's good with rail aiming.
Or your trying to fight me. XP

It's hard to think of suggestions, but I do have 2 at the moment.

1. A few power stone spawning points in Nimbus Ruins need to be moved around a bit. One example is at 1 of the yellow springs, I found 3 chaos emeralds crowding around the spring. I just think it may have a unfair disadvantage to the one who is seeking the emeralds, but that's just me. However I do like the stage design.

2. As much as I like Icicle Palace, I think it's just too small compared to most CTF maps. Maybe increasing the size & adding some extra areas like different routes, underground or above, kind of like Cloud Palace's, vice versa.

Anymore ideas I'll come up, I'll edit this post.

Last edited:
Console command/option to double or triple the size of the console/chat text. I dunno what superhuman eyes some of you are packing, but trying to read anything up in the corner at monster resolutions like 1280x1000 is hell. This is precisely why I don't run the game at anything but 640x400 windowed.

A_TargetByFlag: Targets objects with certain flags, such as MF_ENEMY. Var1 = Flag value to look for, Var2 = closest/farthest.

Theoretical uses:
-A stage with "malfunctioning" enemies that target other enemies.
-A powerup that sets a turret on your character's head to target enemies.

How about a mute player button. I can't stand when everyone has to suffer due to 2 arrogent people having a yo mama fight.

A linedef executor trigger that will check for individual emeralds. For example, you could have a linedef executor that will not activate unless you have the orange emerald, or have another one that won't activate until you have both the blue and the red emeralds. This could be useful for making levels that can transform based on which emeralds you've managed to find.

Kill Nimbus Ruins Zone.

The average lifespan in NRZ is like 20 seconds anyways.

I actually like Nimbus Ruins. It does seem a bit old, but it's overall a good level, and shouldn't be totally torched.

From what I've seen, many people hate NRZ because of the constant falling from bad platforming, or rail knockback. Some like it because it's a good sniping map (and possibly other reasons). When I play on NRZ, rail seems to be the most-used weapon; snipers have the biggest advantage, and the other weapons are rarely used. Also, the map seems to be a bit too symetrical comared to the other maps. The level should not be removed, BUT SOMETHING SHOULD BE DONE.

I thought about it, and I think adding another layer of platforms below the original ones could fix this map. Snipers have too big of an advantage as it is. Adding a new layer of FOFs would provide cover for the victims, and more weapons other than rail would likely be used. Also, the death rate may be reduced, so all players have a chance at capturing the flag, instead of falling into a death pit after a single hit.

This is all based off of MY perspective. If anyone else thinks otherwise, thats their own problem, but this is what I think should be done.

Oh and pleeeeeeeeease don't tell me that NRZ was made to INTENTIONALLY cause frustration.

Last edited:
No, NRZ was designed with the intent to create a sort of instant kill map, where most every shot removes the player from the fight entirely. I'd say that everyone can agree that it works that way.

In most FPS games, there are several weapons that outright kill a player, and that doesn't happen in SRB2. For CTF that makes SRB2 play very differently than most games because you can't generally outright kill your opponent. In NRZ that situation completely changes, as most shots WILL kill your opponent and running the flag is an insane challenge. Even I die constantly in NRZ.

The trick is to have different priorities when you play NRZ. It's not about living, it's not about collecting powerups, it's about getting your team a score and preventing their team from scoring. If there's a sniper annoying you remember that one rail shot is all it'll take to send that sniper into the abyss where he belongs, but if their flag carrier has made it back to their base, you've got much bigger problems.

I actually like NRZ, because most people don't make it to the flag because they aren't careful enough, giving me a better chance to score.

I don't think there should be rail right in front of the base, though.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back