Mighty the Armadillo WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Joeyl10 you are right but i think he can have another ability with the double jump like climbing or gliding

Mighty's basically stuck with double jump. There's virtually nothing I can do about it unless you happen to have a Mighty Robo Blast 2 EXE mod. :P

Good idea Dr.Pepper. I gonna think to do a mod called mighty robo blast 2

And Dr.PEPPER you can help me with the wad?

Dr.Pepper said:
Mighty's basically stuck with double jump. There's virtually nothing I can do about it unless you happen to have a Mighty Robo Blast 2 EXE mod. :P

You can use Draykon's custom ability workaround to spawn some sort of spring to give him a jump cancel. This would fit for Mighty because it is more of defensive ability than an exploration ability, and I'd imagine that Mighty is more about defense than exploring.

A simply downspring thokitem would suffice, but it would be better if it was possible to *bounce* him downward instead and somehow keep him in his spinstate so that he can use it to attack pesky crawlas.

Spinitem is customizable too, but a little bit less refined. It would be interesting if it was somehow possible for him to reflect projectiles while spinning, but I can't think of any thing object that does this, nor any useful way it could be implemented if the spin item is only used during the "dash" itself and not the charge.

I've been considering updating Mighty sometime this month to gloss over some shades of red that shouldn't be there. I could probably ask a good soc maker about what we could do with Mighty, those are good ideas, JEV3. The Down-spring would be possible, I think, and quite useful. It would make things a little more interesting, kind of like Sonic's jump dive from SA2, but without being able to bounce back up. I can imagine he will dive down even faster in water, which would be fun to watch in action. :P If the spin state could still be kept, it would also make crawla-bouncing easier to do. If we can't make that work, the jump cancel will be fine as well.

As for reflecting projectiles, it would be possible to spawn the needed item itself, (assuming the reflective item can be soc'd) but I don't think it would be able to stay precisely where the player object is at all times. (Unless you could make it follow the player, but even then, that's not very precise.)
rocky said:
Good idea Dr.Pepper. I gonna think to do a mod called mighty robo blast 2

And Dr.PEPPER you can help me with the wad?
Ugh, why do all of my sad attempts at being funny always seem to backfire on me? I didn't think you'd take me seriously. D:
Anyway, you do realize that if I could create a WAD/Soc that would allow Mighty to use a more fitting ability, don't you think I would have made it and built it into the character WAD? You would need to compile another SRB2 self-executable with the ability already implemented into it, and not everyone is willing to use another EXE just to play as one character. It's ridiculously pointless.

Well that downward spring thing is VERY possible, the only problem is it can be overpowered. I found this out with testing, that after using it you can repeatedly use this ability even with multiability at 0. With Mighty's shoddy air movement this might work well, I'll make a new test soc in a bit.

Hmm, but what about an EXE that gets a lot of characters and gives them the precise ability as it should. Like giving Blaze a hovering ability with special frames, there are going to be some new ones. Or giving Senku a sprite where he attatches to the wall and bounces straight off. It could be a mod where you get to customize your characters more, wouldn't that be useful.

JEV3 said:
Spinitem is customizable too, but a little bit less refined. It would be interesting if it was somehow possible for him to reflect projectiles while spinning, but I can't think of any thing object that does this, nor any useful way it could be implemented if the spin item is only used during the "dash" itself and not the charge.

Well... reflecting is not possible because of the fact, that bouncing is a property of the projectile objects themselves.
BUT a projectile shield is possible. I did this some time ago. Here a soc where I changed the thokitem to become such a shield.
Code:
FRAME 1998
SPRITENUMBER = 27
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 65536
DURATION = 16
NEXT = 0
ACTION None
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 0

Thing 71
MAPTHINGNUM = 3004
SPAWNSTATE = 1998
SPAWNHEALTH = 10000
SEESTATE = 1998
SEESOUND = 0
REACTIONTIME = 32
ATTACKSOUND = 0
PAINSTATE = 1998
PAINCHANCE = 200
PAINSOUND = 0
MELEESTATE = 0
MISSILESTATE = 0
DEATHSTATE = 603
DEATHSOUND = 22
XDEATHSTATE = 0
SPEED = 3
RADIUS = 3145728
HEIGHT = 3670016
MASS = 1
DAMAGE = 0
ACTIVESOUND = 0
RAISESTATE = 0
FLAGS = 516
It is definitely overpowered this way because nothing can hit you as long as you keep spinning. But maybe as thok-only-item with a 0-actionspeed thok it would be quite cool. It would interupt the character's air movement and imediately destroy any projectiles around him.

Hmm.. I still wish actionspd 0 would NOT disable all speed, but it would just do the ability, make the noise, and spawn an object. All other numbers would act odd under this idea, Sonic running at full speed then thoking, 96 speed = no. So maybe actionspd 0 ONLY goes under this type of thing, or even a new S_SKIN flag abilitymomen = 0/1, 0 would make the ability add to the character's momentum, 1 would use the abilitie's momentum.

Senku Niola said:
Hmm.. I still wish actionspd 0 would NOT disable all speed, but it would just do the ability, make the noise, and spawn an object. All other numbers would act odd under this idea, Sonic running at full speed then thoking, 96 speed = no. So maybe actionspd 0 ONLY goes under this type of thing, or even a new S_SKIN flag abilitymomen = 0/1, 0 would make the ability add to the character's momentum, 1 would use the abilitie's momentum.
or to make things cleaner, how about actionspd = -1 means that there is no change in momentum? I have suggested it a couple of times.

I'll Begin said:
Oh yes. Thoking backwards and flying down.

Gliding Up, Falling Up, doing nothing, and a jump that goes down.

That's how I think the opposite of Gliding, Slow Fall, Float, and double jump would be. :P

YES!
Finally something worth downloading, thats original and keeps to reason.
DL'ING NOW!

PS:- My first post ever!

Jellybones69 said:
Gliding Up, Falling Up, doing nothing, and a jump that goes down.

That's how I think the opposite of Gliding, Slow Fall, Float, and double jump would be. :P
Except that actionspd doesn't affect those last 3 at all.

Actionspd does the following:

Thok: Speed of horizontal movement
Fly: Speed of vertical movement
Glide: Starting speed of horizontal movement
Climb: N/A
Double Jump: Height that the sector jump sends the player
Super Float: N/A
Slow Fall: N/A
Swim: See fly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back