• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Total Metallix Takeover Mod in Progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently wrking on a mod for srb2. Here are some screenshots.
srb2tmtscreenshotgd9.png

Got any ideas for what I should change next?

Edit: The robo flikies aren't just simple decorative skins, they are ment to increase difficulty everytime one comes from a robot, and they can also attack you.

Ok got any level suggestions?

Note: I have not yet developed the patience to make levels myself.

Update: Detons have been redesigned after mecha sonic's jumping skins to make for very "sawful" bombs. (pun intended)

I do think that your decorations need different placement. Because you've changed them so much, it would appear they would fit a THZ style level better.

Thus, the need for killer levels emerges.

Ok the holograms all replace whatever looks like a flower.
As for sonic cd, of course I know of it, and I also know of knuckles' chaotix. Where should I get some killer level for this?

Note: This is just a mod! Not a level pack! But feel free to try and create a level pack for it. Seeing as all the enemies I changed resulted in a lower filesize, which made them move somewhat faster, killer levels could become even more killer.

Edit: Currently working on Metallix crawla.

Realistically, levels really aren't so bad when you shoot for something about the size of GFZ1 instead of something along the lines of Gelespious Mountain. Really, two GFZ1 sized acts (I said size, not style) would go perfect with a graphic replacement.

Heck, I need to make something that size. :/

Well if someone could give me access to the unused levels of srb2 1.0.9 that would be very helpful.

camo man said:
BlueZero4 said:
Heck, I need to make something that size. :/
Heck, just a finished Bittersweet would do *shot*

Anyway, I don't really know what this mod is about, but the holograms were a pretty good idea.

Look up Brotherhood of Metallix, Sonic the Comic, Archie Sonic, and Ovi Kintobor. This will also help, http://sonichq.mobiusforum.net/newsite/general/profiles/index.php/category.fleetway

What, I never said anything about editing the official levels. Just something about the size of GFZ1, or about a leisurely 30 seconds.

And Camo, stafoo, I'm working on it. >>

They are useful for me to make the game longer without having to remove the secrets menue and the save/load feature. In otherwords i want to make it longer without making the game think its been edited to the point that you can't unlock things, save the game, find redvxi etc.

I'm not quite sure that there were any old levels anyway.

But still, why are you putting other people's stuff in your wad? Go make a level youself. :/

Well I have managed to avoid the ModifLockReset by editing straight from srb2.srb.

BlueZero4 said:
I'm not quite sure that there were any old levels anyway.

But still, why are you putting other people's stuff in your wad? Go make a level youself. :/

Because it would probably take too long, I might be a noob at it, and the levels might never work in the intended way or not at all.

Whats wrong with that? I would not be as far as I currently am if I didn't have an example to work with, and it was the only way around the modifresetlock thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back