Pokemon Gold & Silver Returns to the DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see the updated Kanto region. I wonder what type of pixel art and sprite are going to be used for Red and everyone else? It'd be epic if they bumped up the the originals.

FoxBlitzz said:
It's just a shovelware cash-in according to my book. I refuse to support Nintendo's so-called "efforts". Maybe in a hundred years Nintendo will finally put an end to the franchise when people decide at last that the games simply aren't worth wasting time on. The series needs to be reborn, not rehashed.

Thank you.

I personally wouldn't mind if they changed Red and Blue's names to Ash and Gary. Any objections?

Chaos Knux said:
I personally wouldn't mind if they changed Red and Blue's names to Ash and Gary. Any objections?
I object!

The video games =/= Anime.

Not even Pokemon Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum = Anime.

Chaos Knux said:

I say name them with the "Whats your rivals name?" Style.

FoxBlitzz wrote:
It's just a shovelware cash-in according to my book. I refuse to support Nintendo's so-called "efforts". Maybe in a hundred years Nintendo will finally put an end to the franchise when people decide at last that the games simply aren't worth wasting time on. The series needs to be reborn, not rehashed.

Thank you.

I disagree, they do this with a lot of their games. I didn't see you complain about Sonic ports/Mario GBAmakes/ETC

Also I didn't live with a GBC, and I'm not going to go search for one. Updated graphics + every pokemon + wifi = Genius.
Its basically an "Update"

An Idea has just hit me. Since the DSi has internal memory, one should be able to transfer pokemon and items from Pokemon platnum to the new gold and silver and vise versa without using the wii's Pokemon ranch. This could be a way to do events and such. Nintendo should totally do this. What do you guys think?

I'm definitely going to try and hold off a year without buying any newer Nintendo systems or handhelds. I have enough old games to keep me occupied.

Whoo! Finally I get to see the Jhoto Region!

I've only played bits and peices of the original and I loved it instantly, I'm buying ( or downloading if my mom doesn't let me buy it >_> ) instantly when it comes out in the USA.

crazy escape said:
An Idea has just hit me. Since the DSi has internal memory, one should be able to transfer pokemon and items from Pokemon platnum to the new gold and silver and vise versa without using the wii's Pokemon ranch. This could be a way to do events and such. Nintendo should totally do this. What do you guys think?

Nintendo updated their DS cards with a new type called NAND.

So I doubt it.

I'm hoping for these games to have a more pumped kanto region. Almost all of the wild pokemons in there were quite weak compared to your level, and you can't say that the trainers are strong too. Yet only the GYM leaders were the most "challenging". I'm also hoping for the puzzles to be less confusing. Those took me quite awhile to know what to do or to know where must I go. I'm also expecting to see more awesomeness than the 1st one, such as awesome musics, graphics, battles, and badge cleaning ftw. But what I am expecting the most is Kanto and the game puzzles...

I'll debate getting it. On the positive side, it's a remake of my favorite game in the series, while on the negative side, there's probably not much that's new. But we'll see, I thought FireRed was decent (even though I haven't played Red or Blue.), so Game Freak might be able to make this one as memorable as the original.

Also, Elite Four that's actually a challenge plz k thx.

Kaysakado said:
Autosaver said:
Its basically an "Update"
Since when does updating a very old game cost as much as buying a new one?

In any case, let's just wait and see if they can pull this off.

$35 isn't much.
And its going to have MUCH MORE features then updated graphics.
Edit: You can't trade using Pokemon Ranch.
Also no ones forcing you to buy it, not many people have the original. I don't, I used too when I was like 2 but I sold it. And now Gamestop is NOT accepting anymore GBC games/handhelds.

(I'd rather buy this instead of the original)

Autosaver said:
I disagree, they do this with a lot of their games. I didn't see you complain about Sonic ports/Mario GBAmakes/ETC

They don't have to complain about every damn remake that hits the shelves.

FoxBlitzz said:
You should see what I put in the shiny pokemon topic then XD.

Autosaver said:
Jellybones69 said:
Autosaver said:

They don't have to complain about every damn remake that hits the shelves.

Then why pick on Pokemon?
Because it follows this cycle EVERY TIME THERE IS A HAND HELD RELEASE:
2 identical games (Only different Pokemon is what makes them different), then 6 months later they release the exact same game only with some extra stuff added in. They did this with red and blue which resulted with yellow, and they are still doing it now with platinum.
You don't see many other companies doing this do you?
They also remade red and blue (Which got changed to green for some reason) which was mediocre in my point of view because it didn't seem like the original to me anymore.

So does Mario 1,2,3, and kirby.

Its a remake, its not that big of a deal. And the bonus features aren't small.

Trading online,battling online? HUGE

Its not a simple "Lets remake the sprites and add all the pokemon and give it an extra area olollol"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back