Does anyone have a Facebook or a Twitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite my initial feelings about Facebook, I find it a handy tool to keep up with old friends that don't go to the same chatroom, and many of the franchises I follow have regular updates so that I don't have to travel to a bunch of different sites or fill my browser with RSS feeds.

Farmville and similar is annoying but you can generally block them. Really, the trick to using Facebook is to steer clear of the apps.

Since I make no effort to hide my real name, I'm sure just about anyone I am acquainted with over the internet could try to add me, but I won't add them (or keep them) unless I know that they know me. I have a few IRL friends of friends but other than that, that's it. And even these might end up getting blocked considering most of them are just on FB for Farmville.

I have facebook and myspace but I never really use either. Honestly, I'm not close to many friends in real life. One or two, maybe.

And if I want to talk with my internet friends, we all visit the same IRC channel anyway most of the time.

I have True Tengu Man's Facebook because we both live in the same town and go to the same high school. Well, he graduated anyway this year, but whatever, not going to spill anymore informaton about him. You can have my Skype if you like, its on my page here, just send a contact request and I can get right back to you asap.

Last edited:
I have one, but isn't facebook, here(in Brazil) we use the Orkut,similar to the facebook.I have an Orkut account, and I enter it every day.I don't have a twitter account, and wouldn't like to have.

I have only Facebook, as it´s all I need when it comes to internet identity, my main use to it is to invite friends to Paintball or the Club when I´m too cheap for wasting my phone calls, I also like to do weapon quizzes if I run into one.

I have a Facebook account, but I'm not going to distribute it to a bunch of strangers.

I also have a Twitter account, but I only made it for the Free Stuff Fridays that SEGA sometimes has. I don't really understand Twitter. Facebook is better IMO.

I'm on Facebook, and I'm even in the SRB2 group there, but I haven't been too active lately.

I don't have Twitter, it just seems pretty pointless to me.

I have a Facebook, and I use it every day to keep in contact with IRL friends that live around me, or have gone abroad somewhere (mostly Japan). I add very few of my online friends on it, as there only is a few I'm close with, and I want it to stay that way. I only use my Facebook for IRL friends, most of the time.

I have a facebook and go on it every now and then just to read what old friends are up to, apart from that I mainly just speak to friends via steam or other forms of IM.

I do have a Facebook account, but I never use it :>
My Twitter account, on the other hand, is something I check at least once or twice a day.

I have both Facebook and a Twitter.

But on Facebook I am on everyday just because I get bored. I have it to keep with contact with some friends over the weekend, or later in the day during the week. I might need some info, need to know someone's birthday, or chat up with some people I don't know and then get to know really well. (This has happened at least 3 times)

Twiiter is just uninteresting to me, I only visit once a week just to see what famous people are up to.

Well, some of my friends accounts have been ¨Copied¨, with that I mean that some random guy creates the same account with the same profile picture, and try to send the friend request to the same people. This thing gets me really confused since most of my friends have 1 Computer account and 1 Blackberry account.

Most of your friends have a Blackberry? In Venezuela? And I thought Venezuela was poor...

I have a Facebook account. I do not, however, have a Facebook, as the topic title suggests. I leave that to Mark Zuckerberg.

Most of your friends have a Blackberry? In Venezuela? And I thought Venezuela was poor...
>_>

Eh, I take back my opinions about it being a place only for personal friends. I've gotten several users I met online as friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back