Sega Expects Sonic's Quality to improve over time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonnarkku said:
Really? I´m still not sure, it also depends on wich skills you have obtained look at this video and then answer me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9M3C4uEZOY&feature=related

Lets see if I can resolve this a little.

Chisuun and few others believe that unleashed sonic is faster than secret rings sonic but you say SATSR sonic is faster....well start from square one.
SaTSR Sonic begins at a slow original speed & accelerates up to maybe 40 MPH when just running normal.

Unleased Sonic starts at almost the same speed (You need to test this in an open area, not a stage) but accelerates naturaly, but he'll only do 30-35 if running straight, which is why slopes help his acceleration in that game chaning that slug speed to 50 MPH or more.
Now if we compare them in boost, SaTSR sonic could go from 40 to 80 MPH. No faster than that.

Unleashed Sonic can accelerate, and with boost, he'll go from 35 to 100 to 200 and so on. So unleashed Sonic is faster.

I really don't understand why everynoe likes Secret Rings so much, it's really not great. I don't like having to earn a million upgrades so my Sonic game will feel fast. And no lives counter due to stupid deaths, which is also bad

shado said:
I really don't understand why everynoe likes Secret Rings so much, it's really not great. I don't like having to earn a million upgrades so my Sonic game will feel fast. And no lives counter due to stupid deaths, which is also bad

Basically it was released around the same time as Sonic 06, and since that was terrible, the mediocre game, SatSR, was God compared to it.

shado said:

Because it was fastest game until then, once you got the ultimate skils, he handled better than unleashed, I could go from left to right of a path in a blink, it was like Sonic Unleashed's quick step.

Sonic WAS good in the previous times, and I have to say I've enjoyed the gameplay of the new games. Note gameplay. I reckon they should return to the classic forumla, update it (but not like they have done... :/), and drop the stupid storylines.

also, if I see one more AmyxSonic fanfiction I'm going to kill somebody

Sonic WAS good in the previous times, and I have to say I've enjoyed the gameplay of the new games. Note gameplay. I reckon they should return to the classic forumla, update it (but not like they have done... :/), and drop the stupid storylines.

also, if I see one more AmyxSonic fanfiction I'm going to kill somebody

That...was deeply random. Anyway im not looking forward to any other Sonic game from Sega until I really hear that we have a game worth wasting time over. Unleashed looses it's luster after awhile.

Lets see if I can resolve this a little.

Chisuun and few others believe that unleashed sonic is faster than secret rings sonic but you say SATSR sonic is faster....well start from square one.
SaTSR Sonic begins at a slow original speed & accelerates up to maybe 40 MPH when just running normal.

Unleased Sonic starts at almost the same speed (You need to test this in an open area, not a stage) but accelerates naturaly, but he'll only do 30-35 if running straight, which is why slopes help his acceleration in that game chaning that slug speed to 50 MPH or more.
Now if we compare them in boost, SaTSR sonic could go from 40 to 80 MPH. No faster than that.

Unleashed Sonic can accelerate, and with boost, he'll go from 35 to 100 to 200 and so on. So unleashed Sonic is faster.

Where did you get the MPH thing? Oh, and SATSR has time break and whatever. So if you include that I believe sonic is much faster. Though, if we're comparing on foot, then I believe Unleashed is faster.

Though, SATSR sonic can RUN faster(No boost involved)

No, he's not faster is SATSR. Time break doesn't make you move so fast time slows down, it stops time period, and allows only the user to move through time. Sonic could easily go 300 mph in Unleashed.

No, he's not faster is SATSR. Time break doesn't make you move so fast time slows down, it stops time period, and allows only the user to move through time. Sonic could easily go 300 mph in Unleashed

I'm kind of confused. Moving very fast doesn't slow down time. Time break does that. I'm pretty sure it speeds up time?

Oh, excluding the SATSR genie ring thing, I'm just talking about foot speeds. (How Sonic runs super fast without the need of silly boost. :p)

Sonic and the Secret Rings just has a dang closed-up camera and way overdone blur effect, it isn't THAT fast. In Sonic Unleashed the camera's just zoomed out for gameplay, and it STILL feels insanely fast. Which is great, seriously. Sonic, as said by SEGA..."In Unleashed Sonic runs at 300Mph through stages when boosting"

In Sonic and the Secret Rings I mostly see him run at 100mph if fully powerd up. And when fully powerd up, the boost means barely anything.

And when has there ever been an official Sonic game, aside from Sonic's School House, without slopes? Quarter pipes count as slopes.

I'd see a cease-and-desist coming before a sale of the game.
May I ask, why would fans turn off a game because of loops? I find them fun. Well, the LOOK fun at least, unless you try running up versions meant for people going really fast on skateboards, falling off 180 degrees from where you should be, hurts. Anyways, back on topic, even though it was only ONE loop, it was the trademark area of GHZ, as noted in SSBB. It's remembered for several reasons, one MIGHT be because of fans interest in it. I don't know why, but it interested me, and I'm sure it did others too.

And when has there ever been an official Sonic game, aside from Sonic's School House, without slopes? Quarter pipes count as slopes.

Sonic & The black Knight, there's no kinds of loops, pipes, corkscrews or anything like that of any kind in the Black Knight, which is a good reason since its an official sonic game (one of many) why the game was rated low by ign, but of course when they do it they're "IGNorant", more like there's some butthurt new skool sonic fanboys out there.

Sorry, I felt I had to say that.

Conner you've missed the point, Bigboi's post is suggesting Sega would send a cease and desist letter to Sonic Team jr if they tried to actually sell SRB2. Also, noone said people would'nt play sonic games because there are loops, that makes no sense, everyone loves the loops in sonic games.

Last edited:
That wasn't my point.

And your point wasn't my point either.
Marsh Man's "What if" was if SEGA was the one doing the Selling of SRB2 and my point stemmed off of that one.

SATBK did at least have slopes, right?

In my eyes, they don't have time to spend gradually improving it, all they would have to do to make a near-perfect sonic game is get Dimps for the levels, Hideki Naganuma (Sonic rush) for the music, ditch the retarded full-game gimmicks like hedgewolf (still a better name) or swords, and just give us pure 2d (or 3d, but going in-between is too damn sudden in unleashed, so fix it or don't do it.) accelerating, pinball-physic-packed fun. It's not that SEGA is listen to fans or not, it's which fans they're listening to that keeps screwing them up, If the next game isn't at least 80% awesome, SEGA will be even less than the speck of dust that it is to me now, I am barely a Sonic fan anymore, I am an SRB2 fan, and I can still be one without succumbing to SEGA's crap. Good day, sir. [/rant]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back