• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mystic Realm Legacy (Portation topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it as well and all of the normal levels and emerald levels are done but the custom bosses are not. The enemy socs in Second Quest need to be done still.

@Bbop800: I hope to have it done before the end of the year. I don't want to pull a Black Mesa mod here. (Announce a release year and completely miss it)

@Daywalker: Ah, but that's what's going to set this port apart from that one, the soc actually being converted.

Edit: to those with scr_mysticrealmv20_41.wad, does the Master emerald's coding get in the way of some of the Egg Slimer bosses? do you run into invisible walls/objects?

Last edited:
mrealm1.png

mrealm2.png

mrealm3.png

Yeah I'd rather not go back to playing 1.09.4 again

Last edited:
O_O
An actual up-date? I didn't expect this. So if this is going to be the Mystic realm of 2.0, I better rename what I'm doing.

Just to clear things up before anybody speculates anything, those screenshots are of an unofficial Mystic Realm update. Nothing besides the content already found in Mystic Realm 4.4 was made by Mystic, I haven't asked for his consent yet, and I'm not releasing anything until/unless I do.

It isn't finished yet, anyway.

How complete is it and why isn't there a release thread here?
I'm not entirely sure, but:

Filesize of the original: 19,088 KB
Filesize of the existing port: 21,939 KB

And it contains a hell of a lot of maps. I dunno if it's 100% complete, or if it's a straight port, but it's pretty darn elaborate.

Oh, and I've had it for ages. I downloaded it from a netgame, so I don't know who made it. I can't believe that it isn't widely available.

Here it is:
http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/412scr_mysticrealm20v41.zip

I'm going over it now, and aside from auto-converter residue, it seems like a complete port.
but it's not. All socced things are missing. Though the level structures are basically finished.

I find it funny that this port is so comparatively unknown, I knew about it for months. Glaber, if you do not use this port to merge it with yours because of "level converter issues", I will lose hope in humanity. That said, Prismatic Angel Zone Act 3 cannot be completed in that port, because the new Egg Mobile retreats beyond the "Block Enemies" linedefs every time. We need a SOC'd old Egg Mobile (I might try my hands on that).

Also, holy shit Neo, that looks great! (Aside from the second picture, which is just blackblackblack all over.) Still, if you don't enhance the gameplay as well, certain zones might not be all that great in the end.

(Aside from the second picture, which is just blackblackblack all over.)
If I posted a screenshot of a random cave in JCZ, it would also look brownbrownbrown all over, not really doing the level justice. I just wanted something to say "it's not just a texture job".

Uh, how are we supposed to help you there? This is a pure test of platforming abilities, if you can't make it, the only thing you can do is practice.

Practice with those conveyor belts. Thanx, SC.
What is that, Neo Chaotikal? I want IT!!!
Oops. I think it was supposed to have new Jetty-syns in the Second Quest. A Jetty-syn Laser Gunner and a Jetty-syn Poison Bomber, as said in the Wiki.

Last edited:
I find it funny that this port is so comparatively unknown, I knew about it for months. Glaber, if you do not use this port to merge it with yours because of "level converter issues", I will lose hope in humanity.
Your loss, because too many people are seperately trying to port this at once and are evidently tripping over each other now. Sort it out plz, people.

Last edited:
It would help if we all went to the same website.

Oh and SpiritCrusher, I'd need to contact Kays Ishaq before merging the wads. (check the Main Config)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back