why isnt the master server working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day I joined a netgame by IP, but it still worked only using srb2.servegame.org:28900, now its not working for srb2.servegame.org:28900 or 24.62.188.178:28900.

Joining by IP has nothing to do with what the MS is. I know because I and dozens of other people have joined games by IP with the MS set to www.ssntails.org or whatever the old default title was.

Blizzard T. said:
...ssntails.org? Seriously? :|

EDIT: I give up. I've tried ssntails.org, srb2.org, srb2.servegame.org:28900, and 24.62.188.178:28900...
No dice for any of them.. :(
Go into options, and go to server options, and then change the master server to 24.62.188.178:28900. Use listserv or something. If it says no servers currently running, then none are running. If it says cannot connect, you're probably banned.

Blizzard T. said:
...ssntails.org? Seriously? :|

EDIT: I give up. I've tried ssntails.org, srb2.org, srb2.servegame.org:28900, and 24.62.188.178:28900...
No dice for any of them.. :(

M.V.P said:
Wow, you guys can't seem to get it. You're supposed to go to options then server options then put in Logan's IP with the port in replace to srb2.servegame.org:28900. That's how you connect to the MS.

EX.

srb2.servegame.org:28900 gets replaced by--------> 24.62.188.178:28900

To make it simple and easy, DON'T use the ingame listserv. Just copy an IP address posted on there and use the Launcher to join by IP.

Personally, I'm just too lazy to troubleshoot it the other way.

I know I've got something wrong, so I'm asking, why am I able to see and play some of the netgames that are up on the master server, I thought the point of not having games up on the master server and only through ip adresses was to stop so many noobs coming in and, also to use the new rules of things like only a couple of character wads. By being able to play netgames on the master server isn't everything just back to normal? I know I've missed something and I'm being dumb, so can someone explain it to me?

Sciky said:
I know I've got something wrong, so I'm asking, why am I able to see and play some of the netgames that are up on the master server, I thought the point of not having games up on the master server and only through ip adresses was to stop so many noobs coming in and, also to use the new rules of things like only a couple of character wads. By being able to play netgames on the master server isn't everything just back to normal? I know I've missed something and I'm being dumb, so can someone explain it to me?

Ummm... what?

M.V.P said:
Sciky said:

Ummm... what?
I THINK he's saying "Why is everything still the same..."

If you acually READ the post, you'd know that noth changed! It's just that you need to do something to get to the MS

Sciky said:
I I thought the point of not having games up on the master server and only through ip adresses was to stop so many noobs coming in and, also to use the new rules of things like only a couple of character wads. By being able to play netgames on the master server isn't everything just back to normal? I know I've missed something and I'm being dumb, so can someone explain it to me?

what? that happened is that I lost the srb2.servegame.org domain, that is all, no new rules, nothing else, just the domain name no longer point to my IP address.

NeoJames said:
If you acually READ the post, you'd know that noth changed! It's just that you need to do something to get to the MS
What the HELL are you trying to say? I can't read?

There's no reason it shouldn't work, unless you're doing it wrong, or you're banned. I doubt the latter is true for most of you, so you most likely just aren't doing it right.

I went to options then server options and changed srb2.servegame.org:28900 to 24.62.188.178:28900. It wont let me join and when I host it says "timeout on masterserver."

You can't change it in-game, because SRB2 will change everything to lowercase, which means that your colon (:) will become a semicolon (;). To properly change it, edit your config.cfg file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back