Nintendo 3DS Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played on of these at Best Buy. Here's my comments on it. 3D is very annoying and hurts your eyes at first. Also, to see the 3D, you need to be rather close to the screen and focus deeply. Pilotwings Resort is a game that I will get at launch, for sure. It is very fun to play with and the controls are very smooth, except the circle pad will take some time to get used to it. Otherwise, the controls are perfect.

Sadly, they locked the home button on the 3DS during the game playing. But, because I am super awesome, I pressed the power button and it made the system ask if it wanted to go to sleep mode. Then I had an idea. I pressed the home button, and it worked!

So, I decided to do a little exploring around the menu. I looked at the camera, and guess what? It's actually very good quality. It's just about 10x better than the DSi Camera. Now that I look back at the DSi Camera, the 3DS camera is probably about 100x better. Also, the album layout is different. It's not just one big assembly line, it's like six pictures on a 3 x 2 row on one screen, and you can scroll through different 3 x 2 "groups" of pictures.

After that, I looked at the AR mode. I didn't get far, since they obviously didn't have the AR card there, but it said you got to get about one foot away from it and point your 3DS at it. That's all it said before it wanted me to point it at an AR card.

I loved that if you hit the home button, it pauses the game and makes it "paused" software. IIRC, you can push X and it will close it without needing to close out of the software from the software itself. It beats needing to go back to the menu of the software and closing it out manually.

My eyes kind of hurt a little bit after that, but I shook it off in a quarter of an hour. I was amazed at the 3DS. It was far better than I thought it would be. I will get this the second it comes out, guaranteed.

Last edited:
Just tried this at Gamestop. It was awesome, but it wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be. My brother said it was just because Street Fighter didn't take advantage of the 3D-ness of the system. Perhaps some other games will be cooler.

Gets released on Thursday for us on the 31st. I don't see your problem. Also, no demos for us; gotta wait for the real thing.

Finally I got my ass to a Best Buy to play a 3DS. It's fun! It reminds me the joys of playing the wii demo's before I got a wii. The circle pad feels a little like jelly. The 3D was a little if'y. It made it a little hard to see, maybe I turned it up all the way and the system wasn't at eye level. Thanks Sky about that trick to go into the menu. Overall I can't come up with a opinion until I get it around June hopefully with my birthday money (That is if the Duke doesn't take all of my money).

Pre ordered my 3DS already! Comes out on Sunday morning so i'm gonna wake up early. The sad part is that I on't get to behold it until I get my report card (3 weeks later.) At least I can look at the box until then thinking (Must...resist...stupidity impulse!)

Isn't sad when your mom buys you a 3DS only to make you wait actually 4 weeks now for your report card to come out to actually play it......*rage*.

I'm going to wait to buy the 3DS until some more games come out like Zelda, Starfox or Sonic.

Also I don't mean to be a Backseat Mod but Trentdude2 there is a little thing called the "Edit button".

Kirbyonmytable.png

KIRBY WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU DONT BELONG ON MY TABLE AND THAT BLOCKY DUDE IS TRYING TO TAKE A NAP WHY ARE YOU SO INCONSIDERATE

Yeah, the AR Games stuff is amazing. You really gotta experience it yourself.

Got my 3DS. I can see the 3D, I don't get headaches from it, but I have to take my glasses off to see it right. There's some bleed-over a lot of the time, and I've found that the easiest way to align myself to a 3D sweetspot is to put my hand in front of one of the outer cameras and then move until it's solid in only the correct eye.

And agreed, the AR games are amazing. Archery was cool enough in how it changed the environment, but when the dragon showed up and I realized in the heat of the moment that I had to dodge attacks by physically moving out of the way in real life?

Priceless.

Last edited:
And agreed, the AR games are amazing. Archery was cool enough in how it changed the environment, but when the dragon showed up and I realized in the heat of the moment that I had to dodge attacks by physically moving out of the way in real life?

Dude, that sounds amazing. I really need to get a 3DS.

I got myself a blue one, but surprisingly, I DID get the head-and-eye-aches that many people are complaining about, despite having no issues with the demo at Best Buy. Even more infuriatingly, they didn't go away overnight when I slept. I had to pop an ibuprofen pill this morning to mitigate it, and even now, several hours later, it still hurts, albeit much more faintly. I haven't even USED the 3DS in 3D today, or really used it today period.

It might just be the game I'm playing; Rayman's 3D is spotty at times. It might also be because I'm playing with the 3D at full blast when I probably shouldn't be (but anything less just feels cheap, honestly)...

Not really. I have yet to experience one myself, and haven't herd of anyone getting one either.

I have yet to find a system release that I really feel the need to get the moment it comes out. While a game might easily be spoiled if you don't pick it up within proximity of its release, there's no surprises to ruin here. Additionally, by the time I eventually get around to buying it (or getting it for a gift, probably for my birthday or for Christmas) the game library is big enough that you can pick and choose your games in terms of established critical value along with your own personal preferences. If I wanted to get it for myself, its not like I'm gonna afford it any time soon anyway.

I'm certain the kinks will be worked out by the time I eventually get this, and considering that I can watch 3d movies without getting a headache, I should be fine. It would be nice if I could preview it before sinking the cash into it when I do eventually get one.

Friend of mine got his 3DS on Thursday (yeah, we got it earlier for once). The 3D features are pretty meh, yes Nintendo you made 3D without needing glasses, now could you make it good? I wouldn't really consider it all that spectacular like how they touted it to be, and other than that all it is is DSi with an extra camera and higher spec.

Of course, perhaps some of the games will actually use the 3D properly.

Internet Browser to be released during an update, cue the shoddy browser with support for only the older markup and not the newer HTML5/CSS3 and such (which it should have support for, any browser developed now without support for newer markup is a piece of shit from the word go). Go on Nintendo, surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back