Map altered after importing custom texture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate

a scar in time...
Hi, I just tried importing a custom texture through XWE. The texture was imported correctly (as in I can see it in DB), however it leaves my map slightly altered. One of my sectors has become unclosed and several sectors that were one or two units apart are now connected.

I tried importing the texture again, but the same result happened. When I couldn't fix this problem I tried to use SLADE hoping that for a better result, but I couldn't figure out how to correctly import the texture through SLADE. I wasn't able to find a tutorial for importing textures in SLADE either.

In SLADE I tried:
- Archive -> Import Files -> PNAMES.lmp
- Archive -> New -> P_START
- Archive -> Import Files -> "NEWTEX.bmp"
- Archive -> New -> P_END
- Archive -> New -> TEXTURE1

But that didn't work correctly...could someone help me either:
- Prevent XWE from altering my map or
- Help me import the texture into SLADE

Last edited:
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=35096&page=2#28

Remember to leave at least one texture behind when deleting TEXTURE1's stuff so it can save, then just rename it to TEXTURE2, import your custom texture, get rid of the old one you didn't delete, and save it then. :P

I'm clueless about your XWE problem, but XWE just does weird stuff sometimes.

Last edited:
Thanks Kat, but I can't quite figure it out still...I used srb2.srb as the base resource.

- Archive -> Texture Editor -> "Yes" -> Doom + Import from Base
- Right Click "NEWTEX.bmp" -> Gfx -> "Add to patch table"
- Right Click "NEWTEX.bmp" -> Gfx -> "Add to TEXTUREx"
- Deleted all textures from TEXTURE1 except NEWTEX
- Renamed TEXTURE1 to TEXTURE2
- Save

But I couldn't find the texture when I opened up DB. Also, the map was altered in the same way it was when I used XWE...

Last edited:
Did you right click on the NEWTEX.bmp and convert to Doom Graphic Format first, before adding it to TEXTUREx and PNAMES? You need to do that. :P

I dunno why your map is being altered, I've never heard of a graphic import doing that... Just to check, is the map fine in DB before importing, just to make sure you didn't accidentally do it in DB somehow? :x

Last edited:
Did you right click on the NEWTEX.bmp and convert to Doom Graphic Format first, before adding it to TEXTUREx and PNAMES? You need to do that. :P
I dunno why your map is being altered, I've never heard of a graphic import doing that... Just to check, is the map fine in DB before importing, just to make sure you didn't accidentally do it in DB somehow? :x

Yup, that was my first guess D:
EDIT: Oh wait a moment, I might have gotten it...yay, problem solved! Thank you very much Katmint!

Also, I still can't get it to work (but the map is no longer being altered! :P)...now I tried:

- Archive -> Texture Editor -> "Yes" -> Doom + Import from Base
- Right Click "NEWTEX.bmp" -> Gfx -> Convert to Doom
- Right Click "NEWTEX.bmp" -> Gfx -> "Add to patch table"
- Right Click "NEWTEX.bmp" -> Gfx -> "Add to TEXTUREx"
- Deleted all textures from TEXTURE1 except NEWTEX
- Renamed TEXTURE1 to TEXTURE2
- Save

Last edited:
You're welcome. :P

Maybe I should help write something for SpiritCrusher's SLADE tutorial so we can get it up sooner... as long as I take less than a century figuring out how to word the thing. :x

Maybe I should help write something for SpiritCrusher's SLADE tutorial so we can get it up sooner... as long as I take less than a century figuring out how to word the thing. :x
Just write. If all else fails, I'll reword it. What I really need for it is raw material, because I really don't have any time to find out all the functions and what you can do with them. Also, I listed what the tutorial should include, so maybe that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back