• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Internet Highway beta 1.1(scr_InternetHighwayBeta11.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fickleheart

ms reflec beat stan
Download me!

So yeah, my rendition of the Internet in SRB2. Contains the first section, srb2.org. And if you use noclip, you can also find the landscape of srb2wiki.sepwich.com. This is a fairly difficult stage of about 3rd-5th zone difficulty.

I have no screenshots currently. I may upload some later. In the meantime, check Ice's post below for some from beta 1.

Beta 1.1 is out now! Check it out. Just a little upscaling and general touching up.

People almost never download download without screenshots, so I took the liberty of taking some myself.

Here's the beginning:
srb20004.png

Here's an area showing off those things on the actual website:
srb20005.png

Here's some building thing:
srb20006.png

I give this a 6/10. Because of the size of the level (cramped), I normally would give it a 4, but the creativity of the level gave you 2 more points. I like how it said "connecting to srb2.org" in the zoom tube, I don't think anyone has made a level like this before (that I know of). There was also a large amount of enemies compared to the size of the level, and I finished it sooner than I would have liked. You have good ideas, they're just executed a bit poorly.

I'm going to have to agree with Ice on this one. It was just too cramped with too many enemies, tone them down a bit.

An srb2 wiki section? Awesome. With pictures of things like Sonic, Doom Builder screenshots, and other things.

mikesword221 said:
Found the wiki. And this is a good idea and map just to many enemies.

Me too! :) But why does it look Christmas themed?

Anyway, this level has good ideas involved in it, but as Ice said, it was not executed so good... I like the part where it says "Connecting to srb2.org... (srb2.org is typed in)... Connected to srb2.org!" I think you should make the srb2.org bit longer, but otherwise I think this needs a little bit of redesigning (if you want to, that is...).

Monster Iestyn said:
mikesword221 said:
Found the wiki. And this is a good idea and map just to many enemies.

Me too! :) But why does it look Christmas themed?
Because my skin has a white-ish GFZROCK in the background. A Christmas theme kinda came to mind.

Ice said:
Here's some building thing:
srb20006.png
I should make that my Level Select picture.

Anyways, I'm guessing I need to remove some enemies, and enlarge the platforms some? Sounds good to me. Now just remind me...

Maybe some more platforms. And why did you make the wiki hidden? And are you going to do one area for the forum? or just the wiki and SRB2.org?

If you're using SRB2 doom builder, then you can just select all sectors, then go to edit->resize.

mikesword221 said:
Maybe some more platforms. And why did you make the wiki hidden? And are you going to do one area for the forum? or just the wiki and SRB2.org?
The Wiki is hidden because it isn't finished. The zoom tube leads to it. And the forum will come after the wiki. I am taking suggestions for which theme to use.

Ice said:
If you're using SRB2 doom builder, then you can just select all sectors, then go to edit->resize.
I know that. What should I resize it to? 2X? 3X? 1.5X?

Well, I just played through the level once again, and I have to say: This level wouldn't make a bad match map...

Oh yeah what topic is it going to be in? Cause I had a thought that it could be in this topic. Same with Ice since he posted when I started typing.

Ice said:
This level wouldn't make a bad match map...
Yeah, I thought the same at first. Or a hide'n'seek map. But doesn't seem to suit coop very well...

Anyways, agreed with everybody, too many enemies :/

Ice said:
Well, I just played through the level once again, and I have to say: This level wouldn't make a bad match map...
Oh, if you could tell how many times I thought of that in development.

And to everyone going "ZOMG its to short ololol", this is only the first section. There are three parts to the level.

If someone could tell me if the hidden Wiki section is also too cramped, I would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back