SRB2 1.1 Video Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll Begin said:
There are bigger things than SRB2, you know.

Also, the internet's gonna die in 2010 anyway. Read more Death By Pixel.

What do you mean? That sounds nonsense. I don't beleive in that stupid Death by Pixel.

I like the whole Slides, 2D to 3D switch and the reversed gravity, the new Castle Eggman looks good too.

Waterslides can be done in 1.09, the gravity can't, but in SRB2 Riders they use the 2D to 3D thing, my question is: Is it possible to implement that feature in our maps and how?

Also the MS is online again.

MITH, SRB2 Riders used a special code for 2D - 3D transitions. It doesn't currently exist in srb2, they created it themselves.

Karuno said:
MITH, SRB2 Riders used a special code for 2D - 3D transitions. It doesn't currently exist in srb2, they created it themselves.

Dammit, just as I thought. OK, let's wait until they release 1.1 so we can see the new features STJ are working on.

Karuno said:

No they didn't, they used code from the SVN.

I know, I'm just saying that they didn't make the 2d to 3d transition code by themselves, it was already in the SVN.

There is something I don't understand about the waterslides. If you look at the video, the water dosen't splash. When I made waterslides, splash splash splash is everywhere.

Karuno said:
no, it is the other way around, I backported the 2D - 3D code from 1.1 to SRB2 DOOM, from there, yea...

GemEarthBrandon said:
There is something I don't understand about the waterslides. If you look at the video, the water dosen't splash. When I made waterslides, splash splash splash is everywhere.
Waterslides are obviously semi-hardcoded in 1.1. Rather than using many linedef effects and executors, you just whack a waterslide linedef in your map and BAM!

GemEarthBrandon said:
I'm surprised no one didn't noticed the FOFs moving sideways.
They were in there? What time did the timer say when you got to the point where you saw them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back