• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2SNK: A fighting game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone other than me notice the different style clouds near and above the water?

Is there any way of making a entirely new title screen?

What about this?

28bu346.png

Except that the art is SRB2erized.

Is there any way of making a entirely new title screen?
You can easily replace the sprites and change what scrolls in the background. If you want to change how the animations work, though, then that's a good question.

I believe so. SRB2Riders had done that, IIRC.
I'm not talking about the sprites, I'm talking about the animations of them. By being creative with the sprites you're able to use, yeah, you can make the whole title screen look different, which is what SRB2Riders did. I doubt it's possible to change the animations that dictate the appearance of the sprites, though.

Apparently not what you mean, though, so nevermind.

The 1 player & competition in the background needs to be removed, and the silouhette & the banner are far apart from the "& Knuckles" banner. I think it needs to be more closer.
Ok, I'll just say it: I can't create art, only collage it together! As such, I am incapable of reconstructing the Isle behind the text. I had to resize the thing 12 times to pixelate the water enough to hide the copypasta hiding the old Copyrighting info.

Uhhh guys, we really don't need this kind of help, so you don't need to fret over it looking good or bad, since most likely it won't be used.

Ok, I'll just say it: I can't create art, only collage it together! As such, I am incapable of reconstructing the Isle behind the text. I had to resize the thing 12 times to pixelate the water enough to hide the copypasta hiding the old Copyrighting info.

Really? It can be moved lower in photoshop, I managed to do it in this one I attempted.

This is my attempt at doing the title screen. Whilst the background & the "& Knuckles banner" is original, I also chucked in the SRB2 title wing & the "Robo Blast 2 banner" in as well to make it resemble how it looks like in S3&K. I just wanted to show you how I done it.

lzdic.jpg

Last edited:
Now that looks nice.

The new title is proportional to the game's resolution, right?

Thanks. Yes it is, though when I loaded it on XWE, the orange part of the brown mountains in the background seem to turn yellow, so I may need to give it a darker shade of brown or something to match it. But otherwise, it looked nice when I put it on XWE to test it.

@Hyperknux, i my opinion your title screen looks very good. I think, that your banner is the besst idea for a good title screen, I think. But the 3 of "Sonic 3 and knuckles" is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back