Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was the main reason why things are blocked...

Autosaver, are you familiar with Sonic and the Secret Rings? They've shown us a little bit of 2D platforming (reminded me of Sonic Rivals) and there was something about melee combat. Personally I'm kind of worried about how they plan to put all that in there. Switching between 3d and 2d for small sections was one thing, but how are you going to worry about combat when you are speeding down/platforming across a track?

Sik, I actually think the series could benefit from focusing on a single console... as long as its one that I own...

JEV3 said:
Sik, I actually think the series could benefit from focusing on a single console... as long as its one that I own...
The problem is when you don't own ANY...

SRB2wikiMaster said:
The leaked video IS so much similar to the officel but some little things added.

Is it just me or is the level stages is just "racing"I just see sonic plowing through the enemies without stopping.DX

Uh-oh. There better be enough platforming in this game.

Well....lets just say Sonic and stopping is gay, and most platforming only helps stopping Sonic. As for the enemies, I wouldn't even care if there wasn't even a single enemy in the entire game. If that makes the game faster, so be it. They could try putting more fun things in, though, like running on the sides of a building. I've barely seen Sonic do it in Sonic and The Secret Rings, even though it would be fun. The tidal wave surfing is my most precious memory from SatSR. It was totally awesome. I wonder if Sonic can go Super Sonic around this time.(in normal levels) With the "ring" energy gauge, and having seen a Super Sonic model in a non Final Boss fight, it would seem possible.

Switching between 3d and 2d for small sections was one thing, but how are you going to worry about combat when you are speeding down/platforming across a track?

Well, basicly, the enemies in Sonic games have either always merely been tiny obstacles for Sonic. That, or they were just plain unfair and annoying. I hate it when a spring sends you to the top of a cliff with a flying enemy exactly on the edge of it. You always fly right into it, or you'll miss the platform you're supposed to go on.

Super mystic sonic said:
Well....lets just say Sonic and stopping is gay, and most platforming only helps stopping Sonic. As for the enemies, I wouldn't even care if there wasn't even a single enemy in the entire game. If that makes the game faster, so be it.

Sonic is a platformer game. Platforming does stop Sonic; for that reason, you don't want to overdo it; but we need a challenge. To go over my point, I'm going to review two JulAug06 levels that I've just recently downloaded:

Dandjr Palace Zone, 10/10
The platforming in that stage made it sheer awesome. It did break the flow a lot, but the slight amount of thinking, as well as the highly apparent serious challenge, almost completely overshadowed that flaw; the level never stopped being interesting. It did need areas with some running, and less Jetty-syns would have been nice, as at 0:20, having to kill enemies for 15 seconds hurt. However, that did add to the challenge. I also had to wait for the elevators for several seconds--that should have been fixed--but the visuals made it entertaining to watch them slowly rise and fall like that. Another thing is that, yeah, I imagine Tails would be easy for this level. I really don't care, though.

Even after dying in what honestly would be considered cheap to most of you, I didn't give up. It was too fun to give up.

Even though it's flawed, this is the best 1P levels to grace the OLDC. I also wanna know how the HECK Penopat made this in only a couple of days. That is just incredible. Dandjr Palace is certainly a lot better than Gelespious Mountain. It's also really pretty! I seriously wanna beat this level. I love it so much!

However, platforming doesn't always help:

Moon Temple Zone, 3/10
This level is no fun. Constant stopping dead with nothing interesting to back it up hurt the level a lot. The AFALL/GOOP01 blocks were really a pain in the neck, as they did not provide a properly executed way of adding difficulty. A fast crusher would have been more effective. The spring puzzle was also worthless.

The pop-up turrets, enemies, and spindash-to-rise blocks all together were just instant fail and made this level really, really cheap. I've never had to use jump cancel so much.

A mix of platforming and speed is what a Sonic level should be. I wonder. With my views on Dandjr Palace, what do you think my favorite Mystic Realm level is?

In Sonic Rush Adventure, the almost nothing to do but hold right and boost thing made all the levels almost the same.

Yes Im familier about satsr I have it.But you did have to stop and kill them its not boost and they die.

I hope tails and knuckles acctually star in this game and do something.

I never said anything about Secret Rings. I talked about Rush Adventure.

Knuckles should protect the Emerald for once. He's almost never actually with them, and the Emeralds are somewhere he doesn't know.

Sondaniel22 said:
*First Post on Topic*
Updated First Post.

EDIT: Just saw the New Official Gameplay video. It showed more of the 3D Side Gameplay. And to me, it's sort of different then SATSR Style

Chaos said:
I never said anything about Secret Rings. I talked about Rush Adventure.

Knuckles should protect the Emerald for once. He's almost never actually with them, and the Emeralds are somewhere he doesn't know.

It was for JEV sorry.

Yay?

Looks like we're starting to get a bit more information. (With some of the information from the magazine being discussed at Sonic Stadium)

Its completely ignoring Sonic and the Secret Rings (which is considered a spin-off), and Sonic Next-Gen (it never happened), and will be more like a sequel to the adventure series. Were-sonic is not evil. Tails and Amy will show up somehow... and the game is not on-rails like SatSR. I'm concerned that by leaving the on-rails approach some of the worse bugs may creep back, even though they've been working on the engine for three years and the magazine seems to be optimistic about camera and control.

Looks like an interesting game. Let's just hope it's not as dark as Shth, or this will be the ending:

Eggman: Prepare to die hedgehog! Any last words?
Sonic: *Sees Full moon and turns into a werewolf* Yes. GO TO HELL!!!
*Screen goes black as sonic leaps on eggman, who screams like a liitle girl as "FATALITY" flashes up on the screen in blood and ripping and howling noises are heard"

Shadow's not dark. Honestly.

This game shouldn't have a last story. Just an added boss to the last Zone, but without the space thing. I hope that Super Sonic would actually be a playable character in levels for once. I'm tired of only Super Sonic boss fights.

NeoJames said:
Chaos said:
Shadow's not dark. Honestly.
AHAHA

Oh...your not kidding...

Anyway...I agree..SuperSonic should be playable.

I do agree but one reason I dissed supersonic because it takes out all the challenge and fun.*Hint sonic 3 just turn super and your done with the level*I am exagerating a bit but you get my point.:P

Probally tails and knuckles will be a multiplayer sort of thing.
Also the earth is like cracking?

Autosaver said:
I do agree but one reason I dissed supersonic because it takes out all the challenge and fun.*Hint sonic 3 just turn super and your done with the level*I am exagerating a bit but you get my point.:P
Yep, that's the whole point of SuperSonic - but you had to earn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back