Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Autosaver said:
Rated E+10

Animated blood?

The heck? Oh please don't put that in the final release. You never see Mario bleeding, I don't see why Sega should do this to their big franchise. That makes three (I think) Sonic games rated E-10. The other two sucked, I'm starting to get worried about this one.

Oh and this is the first of my (probably very rare) non tech-support posts. As if everyone didn't know that.

Actually its probably little more than a little bit of effects when Werehog hits the creatures, you probably won't even notice it... but for those that do E10 is the safest way to go without being sued. >.>

The china gameplay video actually looks pretty cool. Still reserving my opinion until the game comes out, but it looks like it still has the potential to be a pretty good game in its own right. This isn't going to be the spiritual successor to S3K we've all been waiting for and anything indicating it as such is purely hype. Sonic's gameplay has transformed into something far more speed-based, now provided it properly gives you enough freedom to progress through the level in your own ways, multiple paths last longer than a few seconds (more like Rush and less like Rivals), and its polished, then it can be something worth playing at least for those that enjoyed SatSR.

And hopefully Were-hog will have a stronger platforming emphasis for those of us that want it. The combat is looking pretty good and the Werehog segment we saw in the Gamespot interview seemed to have quite a bit of platforming. People are saying God of War but I've never played that so I can't necessarily give a proper opinion on that.

Personally I've been feeling rather discouraged about this game, but its largely because of all the negative comments and not really anything I've seen. When it comes out, I'm hoping it will be good, but I'm not going to be too personally disappointed though I will feel bad that if this game bombs because of how it looks like such a large percentage of the Sonic fanbase is placing their bets alongside this game.

EDIT:
SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
I just told my little sister about the Werehog concept and she thinks it's really dumb, too.

It is totally stupid how they have the emeralds somehow change Sonic into a different form that acts differently, they've never done that in the original games... =P

Seriously though it is kind of an odd concept, and I feel the same way about Wind Waker, the Zelda continuity in general, all things Star Wars except a percentage of the movies, Sonic with a sword, a Sonic RPG... actually come to think of it, a movie entirely about a robot that can't speak English is kind of a weird idea as well.

Quite a few of these listed have been well received actually, so while it really does seem like a dumb idea, that still doesn't mean anything. Now unfortunately there has been very little of the Werehog gameplay to speak of, so nobody really knows if its going to be executed properly. To be honest though, the werehog, while a bit odd and perhaps "dumb", doesn't really bother me.

EDIT #2: Forgot to mention an online multiplayer Sonic first-person-shooter... classic-style. XD

Yeah I had a feeling you where being sarcastic....But Anyway back to Sonic unleashed.... The Big monster thing That comes from the center of the earth has the most suckiest name ever in the history of bad named big bosses.....The Dark Gaia...... I know the name sucks, but it has been confirmed and we have to live with it!....If this has already been mentioned please tell me....

Jellybones69 said:
Gaia? XD that's a website.

They could be running out of names. What's a gaia anyway?

I believe Gaia means "Mother Earth" or something to that effect... actually I guess it kinda fits if its some evil personification of the center of the earth. Quite frankly though, I don't believe we've seen a proper name out of the Sonic series since Miles Prower. (well Tikal and Rouge were good names too)

I'd be more likely to complain about this creature's part in the story than whatever it was called.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Uh, that game is already out in demo form. Eventually, v1.1 of that game will come out.

But we're still waiting. D=

you guys Sega cant possibly fail. sure the Werehog seems lame but look at it its just like playing to games in one! that and Sega has sonic doing the stuff in the classic game. hes even running over water in the china stage like hydroyicty zone from sonic 3!!! and looking again at the Werehog, all it is that Sonic's kicking even more butt than usual! so even i don't care if this one fails. I'm sicking with him to the very end. people played this at E3 and leipzig. it was well recieved. so guys stop bashing on the game because you haven't played it yet! and stop comparing him to Mario! wasn't he created to be Mario's rival and opposite?

Just because there putting different types of game play together doesn't make it awesome and no sonic was not designed to me Mario's rival, he has nothing to do with Mario until fans decided he should be.

Actually, he was designed to be Mario's rival. I read about when they were coming up with the new mascot of SEGA, they said specifically that it was originally to rival Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back