Custom Abilities Suggestion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spin Blast - When you spin then press the shooting key
I'd just like to point out that abilities simply don't work this way. You can have an ability that uses the thok input (jump, jump in midair) and one that uses the spin input (spin button while on ground). No more, no less*. If you wanted to make this work, you'd have to replace the spindash outright.

I'd also like to point out that not only is this extremely overpowered even for a timed ability, it effectively makes you completely useless in most situations until it recharges. This would be a nightmare in SP games where the very abilities you're stripped of are mandatory for progression, so you'd simply be forced to wait the whole 30 seconds doing nothing on many, many occasions. No matter which way I look at it, none of these things are good ideas at all.

*well technically you can make a character that can't roll or double jump but that's besides the point.

Here are my suggestions:

Bounce (Primary ability) - When you press jump the second time, you thok directly down and it bounces you to exactly the same height as you were when you pressed the button. You can continually use this, but you can't gain any height in midair from this alone.

SA Water Float (Secondary ability) - Works just like Big's floating ability in Sonic Adventure; you stay at the surface of the water until you press spin to lower yourself downwards, and releasing it makes you float back up again. Useless on dry land, obviously.

Here are my suggestions:Bounce (Primary ability) - When you press jump the second time, you thok directly down and it bounces you to exactly the same height as you were when you pressed the button. You can continually use this, but you can't gain any height in midair from this alone.

This can be ridiculously powerful in most levels. It should only bounce you up to a certain distance from the surface you hit, not back to where you executed the ability.

This can be ridiculously powerful in most levels. It should only bounce you up to a certain distance from the surface you hit, not back to where you executed the ability.

...Or half the height for each bounce after the 1st one (1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, etc.)

No. If you jump from 8192 fracunits high, you still bounce back up to 4096. Jump height needs to be fixed.

Hmm... Maybe the number of bounces made should be limited?

Besides, I came up with that after thinking about tricks like Crawla-bouncing and Monitor-bouncing, and what happens when a player jumps onto a bouncy FOF, in case any of you are wondering.

If you want a game-breaking mechanic such as the crawla bounce to be free, then it needs to be limited to once per jump, like the Thok. Even so, that's still pretty broken, but it might be fun to play around with. =P

Personally, I liked the passive water run ability. I want that back and not limited to super forms. One ability that I can think of right now.
Metal Spin: Attracts rings while spindashing.

Personally, I liked the passive water run ability. I want that back and not limited to super forms.

Then you should have it suggested as a Secondary ability.

As a matter of fact, I have a few secondary abilitys.

Shield
(Spin/Secondary Ability)
By holding down the Spindash Button, You can use a shield that will block all incoming attacks from in front of you. You can also walk around slowly when doing this. This is based on the Shield Bot, or Protoman and Sniper Joe from the Megaman series. One frame is for pulling out the shield, or putting it away. Another frame is for standing, and the last two frames are for walking. This includes the standing frame in the middle of the walking animation. This removes the spinjump, as the ability uses the spin frames. You also can't shoot rings when using this ability. Also, enemies are not damaged when this is used, as they bounce off if they hit the front of you.

Slide
(Spin/Secondary Ability)
By holding down the Spin Button, you can slide on the ground in front of you. This is based on megaman's Slide ability from Megaman 3 and onwards. Two frames are used for going into the animation or coming out of it, and the other two frames are used for sliding. This removes the spinjump, as the ability uses the spin frames. Also, enemys are not damaged when this is used. Instead, you take damage as you would normally.

Light Step
(Spin/Secondary Ability)
If you run off a ledge, you hover until you are moving at under half of your running speed afterwards, you fall to the ground. Please note that you slow down when you run off a ledge until you fall. You can jump during this period, to jump further then you may normally. Also, you can run on water. This is based on the Hover Boots from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarnia of Time.

Dash Punch
(Spin/Secondary Ability)
Press the spin button while moving to dash at your current speed for one second. You can hover over the ground while dashing. If you press the spin button when standing still, you just punch what is in front of you. This removes the spinjump, as the ability uses the spin frames. The first two frames are for starting or ending the dash/punch and the other two are for dashing/punching. This is based on Bowser's move from Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

Last edited:
QUICK FIRE RATE - Ability2
This gives you Knuckles' higher firing rate. Forces your jump hieght to be lower, however.

New Idea

Bouncing ball
(press spindash button and bounce around everywhere.)
Pros: Higher you are the higher the bounce.
Cons: Harder control and bounce(luanch if you are super fast) off of walls.

Speed Dart - The character will go at a certain speed when you press the Spindash button on the ground; much like an instant Peel-Out.

I say we have a duck ability. It replaces the spindash, and if you have duck as your ability, it automatically makes your character have nojumpspin. It would make bullets that headed for your face miss you, because you would duck. It would be good for Mario Mode.

Wall Jump, from the Senku wad.

Spin & Run, from Sonic Adventure 1 & 2
Y'know, when you hold spindash button then release then press it again to start running that speed for a few secs.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

I'm not trying to steal MrSmartie's idea, but: we could have the ability from Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 Bounce ability. Jump in the air and press spindash in a middle of a jump. Of course, the more times you bounce, the higher you go.

Spacebreath- Able to breathe in space 3/4x as much as the time underwater.

Mines- set a mine with the same effect as a grenade ring except it lasts until someone walks over it, is invisible, the explosion sends you flying, and explosion radius is 4 times as big; uses 100 rings, only usable in match/ctf/tag.

Last edited:
Punch - Replaces spindash, you thrust a fist, it moves you forward 10 pixels, but can only work from the front.
Nojumpspin WITH spindash - Pretty obvious, your jumping animation is the spring, but you can still spindash. It's kinda like some of the newer Sonic games, 'cuz he can still spindash, but when he jumps, he doesn't go into a ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back