2.1: It's happening! Release details!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god GFZ2's water is translucent now.

That actually was changed a long time ago I believe, I've seen it browsing on the SRB2.org website and it's still there but not in the 2.1 updates.

21gfz2.png

I'm assuming the Rocket power-up was made with LUA as well? Wow, this adds a whole ton of new options for custom characters and items.

Speaking of options with Lua, would it be possible to say... scale a character wad and have it adjust the camera accordingly? Basically the same effects as the Set Object Scale linedef but without it, you know, being part of the map?

well, i guess i'd better find the bits of my brain that just went everywhere... i really hope we get more wisp love ((not in the vanilla no, heck no! but as wads, GOD YES!))

犬夜叉;741584 said:

I noticed a couple of changes to GFZ1 thanks to this gif.

1. The cliff behind the house is wider.
2. There is a platform to the right of the house, in the flower-patch
3. On the ground, there are some fences.

For some reason, the main reason I want 2.1 is because of how it makes changes, even if they're little, to the levels we've been playing for nearly a decade.

Lua will be very useful in my crazy projects. Now doing take advantage of to ask, is it difficult to do those huds? Will there be some LuaEdit?

Last edited:
I think Eclipse IDE is often used to edit and debug Lua stuff.

I foresee lots of new wiki pages!

Last edited:
...Will there be any reasons to use SOCs when 2.1 with its LUA support is released?
Yes. SOC will continue to be useful for what DeHacked was designed to do: script thing animations and time functions to specific places in those animations. What you won't be using it for is fashioning new gamelogic from virtual rube goldberg machines.

Thank god for that.

Hype = Overdrive. Help.

That is actually awesome. The HUD AND the rocket wisp. You can make it so a bar drains because of something in game, and wow, outright reposition everything and add so much more. This is awesome...

I'll not ask anything more besides: 1 week to go, riiight? Riiiiiiiiiight?

Cancelling all of this week's appointments so I can ride the hype train.
Will there be Lua tutorials on the wiki?

Yes, there should be hopefully plenty of documentation for Lua once 2.1 is released. As we speak I'm going over my own mass of Lua documentation, which should be of great help with this. =P

Yes, there should be hopefully plenty of documentation for Lua once 2.1 is released. As we speak I'm going over my own mass of Lua documentation, which should be of great help with this. =P

Looking forward THAT. I've done some studies on the subject at my programming school. I got to admit it's been a LONG while. Thanks for your support toward the communauty.

Also, if there is any other increminating piece of evidence that prooves that Lua programmation is awesome, please do moderators!
(So we can all look at the change of the new map design at the same time 8D.)

As we speak I'm going over my own mass of Lua documentation, which should be of great help with this. =P

Welp, time to read over the wiki and waste countless hours of my life. @_@

But in all seriousness, that's awesome. Greatly appreciated!

So, wisps. Awwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Does LUA support linedef executors which change the value of something in Lua code? And can Lua code activate linedef executors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back