Version 2.1 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't mean anything other than that the ports topic was outdated and useless. I have no idea what the situation on Mac and Linux ports is, but if any are going to be made, there will be a new topic.

Wait, did we ever fix LOOPPOINT for non-44100Hz music in SDL2? (Because I don't care what Inu says, LOOPMS is not the best looping technique when a finer-grained option exists.)

I mean, I know that it's on my head if we didn't, but still

Every mention of REDACTED is removed (yet someone's hosting it) and SRB2.org links to a 2.1.14 but it 404s. I am so confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
Inu is literally the entire Ministry of Truth, meaning that he's decided 2.1.13 will retroactively not exist and we'll skip straight to .14.

Alright, now that I've got my copy of the 2.1.13 installer for... archival purposes, I guess I should remind whoever's in charge of disposal of evidence that the alternate mirror is still up and running as of now.

Version 2.1.14 Release

Posted by Inuyasha on 01-01-2015 01:02 AM.

Oh, you were expecting version 2.1.13? Sorry, we decided to skip that number because of how unlucky it is. Totally. Trust us.

Anyway, folks… it’s been a wild ride, but we’ve finally reached the end of “The Year of 2.1″. We hope all of the included modding features that have been introduced with 2.1 and all of its patches will help tide you over until our next major release comes out to give you new content to play with.

This is the last planned 2.1 release. Unless a major bug is found that requires an immediate patch, the next release of the game will be version 2.2.0. Due to the number of changed files in this release, there is no patch download; the only download available is the full installer. To upgrade from a previous version, just install the new version into the same directory; your game data, save files, and the like should all remain intact.

Note: We are aware of an issue with OpenGL exhibiting odd effects in some resolutions, such as overlaying the screen on top of itself, or “ghosting”-like effects. If you encounter these issues, use the DirectDraw executable (srb2dd.exe) for playing in OpenGL mode.

• Vertical and horizontal mouse sensitivity can now be changed separately.
  • Walls and sprites should now stay the same brightness in Software mode regardless of resolution.
  • Fixed major rendering issues in Aerial Garden Zone and possibly other excessively large maps.
  • Fixed some issues where the player could become partially embedded in walls and/or continue running against the wall as if it didn’t exist.
  • Fixed crashes related to polyobject floors.
  • Fixed crashes related to joining a netgame in maps containing a laser. (e.g.: Noxious Factory Zone)
  • Fixed CTF flags doing stupid things for what is hopefully the last time.
  • Various minor level design fixes.
  • Many fixes and improvements were made to the SDL2 version of the game, as reported on the forums.

View on SRB2.org

Fixed CTF flags doing stupid things for what is hopefully the last time.

Thank you so much! :D I've just played some CTF matches and caused some resyncs by opening YouTube next to SRB2; this time everything worked perfectly. :)

Umm, not sure if this is the right place.. Most of you might not even notice... Well in the versions before .12 my keyboard was set in game to the american keyboard, so most of the signs were completely at different places and my z and y were switched... somehow in the .12 version my z and y were back on their places but the rest of the signs were still the same (wrong way).. now in .14 its back to the completely wrong one, i wonder why... there should be some ways to change that? right? this also includes the inability to use my numpad to type numbers... Doesnt affect the game play at all, only affects the chat, its really annoying though..

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

OH and now i noticed, i cant F12... and if i run it in the dd version all the colors are messed up but i can f12

Hotfix for F12 not working

Posted by Inuyasha on 01-01-2015 08:45 PM.

If F12 is not working in SRB2, download this zip and extract it into your SRB2 directory to fix the problem.

If it is working, good for you! This hotfix patch is completely optional and is netgame compatible with the original release of 2.1.14.

View on SRB2.org

I can predict future m8s!

'This is the last planned 2.1 release"
2.2 confirmed m8. pland for 2025 m8

Welp, I'm gonna sit here, looking a Roach's progress with his Sonic's sprites. and then in the middle of the year, we'll get an announcement in srb2.org showing ACZ2, DCZ1 and kewl thingz.

Anyways, good luck on this.

>implying act 1 is the first act being worked on

DCZ3 incuming guyz!
Still wondering what's gonna happen to Egg Rock if act 3 is the first started (It requires a lil' less work than a regular level).
Also, what's gonna happen to SStage considering there'll be more than 7 zones and only 7 emeralds?

Also, what's gonna happen to SStage considering there'll be more than 7 zones and only 7 emeralds?

Nothing. The Special stages can remain as they are regardless of the number of Single Player zones there are. They don't necessarily *have* to match up with all the zones in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back