The most players you can hold on a server without lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
0. No kidding, actually it depends on the clients, if they have a slow connection, they'll lag, no matter what. Now, lagging as host, never.

Two? Some times four. Six at the very most.

The most I've ever hosted (without the users bitching about C-lag) is 14. I'm expecting that number to go up because I'm switching to a better internet connection within the next few months. Hopefully near April or so...

I've had 10 before but it had TONS of C-Lag I think.

Probably 4 - 6 depending on my connection with my router, the connection of my clients, and many other variables.

I do not know, having not played this game for a long time. IIRC, I was capable of hosting up to 10 players without any serious lag on my end, if I had nothing else open.

It is, truly, impossible to know, since I do not know how much control-lag other players had. Other factors are also to be included; net-usage, other people connected to my router, connection speed of clients, usage of clients internet connections, distances from me, line quality, etc. At the worst, 5 players. Best, 10.

My shell account? It's on a 100mbps connection, you work it out.
On my home connection, well, with the current slowness of my internet connection, 2. :< I used to be able to hold about 8-10.

Something like Mysticrealm I can only hold 6.
With just a few stages or characters added I can hold 8.
Nothing in I can hold 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back