Well... here's to another April Fools Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that we couldn't do it in vB. It's probably even easier. The issue is that our previous jokes have gotten more and more disruptive, and it's really time to reign it in. This isn't saying we won't have another "lol mess with the forums" AFD, but the same old thing gets old year after year, especially since they all led to the same thing.

Never mind, AFD jokes get old if you're EXPECTING them. Consistency is the worst thing we can do ^_~

And not doing anything real good and keeping the board the same is ten times better!

I think I'd prefer consistency if this is what's going on otherwise. Or you could do nothing, that's cool too...
>_>

I AM KING AND I DESERVE A GOOD APRIL FOOLS SRB2 BOARD WHEN I WANT IT :(:(:(:(

We really didn't communicate all that well on the April fools thing. We went with three different small ideas, and the green eyes one was the only one where we had some, albeit small, discussion on. Considering that, I guess it went well. I was hopping SSNTails was going to do something, which I hinted at in that green eyes topic, but it never happened. In retrospect, it was better, since having 4 separate April fools jokes with little direction would be even more confusing.

The only joke that I liked was the Robotnik one, and that wasn't even too much.
That wasn't an April Fools joke.
lol

Anyways, it was kind of quiet around here. But I had a little fun on Sega's boards. Peoples names were switched, so were sigs. And there was a whole bunch of different themes on the forums. (Cupcake theme on Aliens, pink eye soaring theme on Sonic boards, etc)

So, I still had my fun. :)

Glad to know I wasn't the only one that thought this year's joke sucked.

I honestly believe some of you are completely missing the point.
It was not so you guys could participate by being all "LOL GREEN EYE ZONE LMAO ROFL" or to amuse you.
No, it was to fool some people, and it seems it did. I don't care whether you liked it or not, but seeing some people fall for it made it for me.

I thought the joke was the fake release of v2.0.5. and then you get Rick Roll'd. :/
Though I kind of figured the green eyes thing was a joke.

GRAH, I don't care if you managed to fool some people with some stupid joke. I don't care if only YOU liked it. I usually enjoy this message board's AFD themes, and this year really SUCKED

Plus more people are set off guard the other way anyway.

Well I'll let you in on a little secret. I generally actually DON'T enjoy the AFD stupidity that we have going around here. The only thing I really actively enjoyed was watching our younger members go apeshit about the Rainbow Unicorn Blast layout being girlish like the forum suddenly had cooties or something. Otherwise, I haven't had any real fun at all with them.

Before you say I'm the only one, many other people on the forums have expressed dislike with how disruptive our previous AFD jokes have been to normal forum operation. The past few years the forums essentially shut down during AFD. What if you just wanted to actually use the forums normally?

This is not to say we won't ever do such a thing in the future, but it will not be a yearly routine, if at all.

Before you say I'm the only one, many other people on the forums have expressed dislike with how disruptive our previous AFD jokes have been to normal forum operation. The past few years the forums essentially shut down during AFD. What if you just wanted to actually use the forums normally?

Well, you know how HOW DO I JUMP? worked? Didn't it just leave the April Fools stuff in one section? Then deleting it after?

Well, yea it did exactly that...but then all the funnies left and it was just boring unfunny spam from what I heard, and even if HDIJ was there it didn't stop spam from leaking into other boards here so it just increased the amount of spam floating ( that is what I heard )

HDIJ fun fact: the name for it originated from the topic in the link in my sig

Well, you know how HOW DO I JUMP? worked?
HDIJ didn't work at all. It was a useless spam forum that drained activity from the rest of the board. And the same goes for the AFD jokes 2007-2009. This year was just the right thing. It tricked a few people, it was a funny idea, and it didn't disturb anything.

HDIJ worked for some, people like Arf had genuinely decent content.

Then a lot of people just weren't funny.

HDIJ didn't work at all. It was a useless spam forum that drained activity from the rest of the board. And the same goes for the AFD jokes 2007-2009. This year was just the right thing. It tricked a few people, it was a funny idea, and it didn't disturb anything.

Not what I meant.

It was a forum that you didn't have to see. There also was a usergroup that blocked from even seeing the forum. If people were too disturbed.

It was totally optional, all the spam was in one section. While the rest of the forum was simply undisturbed. Yes, it may have been awful inside. But you didn't have to join in the meme spam if you didn't want to.

There also was some fun things like Painttennis(Which I killed... oops) and Paint Adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back